New Fee From Air Asia

theoldgit

What comes next??? Fee for aircon, fee for using the stairs to enter the plane (otherwise you have to use a rope), fee for toilet, fee for a smile...

I have stopped to fly with this airline since half a year. Tired to waste my time with online booking on a crappy website which gives you the final price only at the end of the procedure. And this price is often horrible for a low cost carrier.

This is both funny and correct!!

If you take the time and trouble to go through the booking process with AA, you often end up paying more, when you tot everything up, than on Thai Air (and certainly Bangkok Air).

I was once flying from Paris to Liverpool on easyJet. Did not pay the 15 euros to get the "advantage" of being in the "A" group of passengers (who get called first for boarding).

There is a bus to transport us to the plane. Go down to the bus. How do you distinguish between A and B passengers? You can't and don't.

So, I , a B passenger, get off the bus and am the first on the plane and can sit anywhere I want.

Glad I wasn't a so-called A passenger.

I am always suspicious about these cheapo airlines...if they want to cut corners EVERYwhere with passengers, what are they doing on their maintenance????

Now Airasia has the monopoly on a lot of the routes, after initial special offers, it is time to make passengers pay, pay and pay some more. Good business tactics I believe.

A company operating like this are scammers.......ha ha or a western government........rolleyes.gif LOL

I also prefer to pay full price than mess with Air Asia. I took them one time, never again if I can avoid it.blink.gif

They only mention checking in by mobile and website for free. At Kuching a few weeks ago everybody had to check in on a machine close to the check in desk to get their boarding ticket. Will these machines be available at all departures at all airports for free ? Cant see anything mentioned.

They have them at Swampy for free.

Too expensive now for a (budget airline haha) i think they have lost alot of customers pay extra for this and that

same as booking with any normal airline now why bother there seats are not good small leg room for me anyway.

Love there motto NOW EVERYONE CAN FLY! yeah if you pay heaps go through all there booking crap not for me anymore

may as well fly bigger airlines pay the same price as AA and less hassles

I fly with them 2 or 3 times a year and the flights are always full.

Death by a thousand cuts. They are becoming too big to really be considered a budget airline. One thing that I will say is that the food is really good. Nasi Lamak - brilliant.

Also, they send you a survey email after you travel. Has anyone actually sent a reply? I have. And I point out the problems. Who knows if anybody reads it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just booking a flight AA to Singapore for Oct and never seen so many fee's in one flight out of Singapore. ฿960

But I found if you book 2 separate bookings you save ฿630 :blink:

Return was ฿5040 (*exactly the same flights.)

BKK-SIN ฿2490 + SIN-BKK ฿1919.87 = ฿4409.87

Even with the extra credit card fee it works out cheaper. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just don't tell anybody otherwise somebody will change it. :jap:

Edited by LindsayBKK

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that the bar code that you get after a web check-in or mobile check-in expires 1 hour before the scheduled flight time. Is this true?

Another disadvantage is that you cannot choose seats if you wish to sit next to other people with whom you are traveling. Previously it was possible to arrange to sit together at the check-in counter.

What comes next??? Fee for aircon, fee for using the stairs to enter the plane (otherwise you have to use a rope), fee for toilet, fee for a smile...

I have stopped to fly with this airline since half a year. Tired to waste my time with online booking on a crappy website which gives you the final price only at the end of the procedure. And this price is often horrible for a low cost carrier.

This is both funny and correct!!

If you take the time and trouble to go through the booking process with AA, you often end up paying more, when you tot everything up, than on Thai Air (and certainly Bangkok Air).

OK;

here's real lie figures for flying Bangkok to Phnom Penh;

How can anyone say they are more expensive or same?

complain all u want , I will still fly air Asia.

Booked flight to Phnom Penh in Dec for 6 days 5,290

Air France was 5,900 ( but u did get 23 kilos an snack for free)

same flight on Bangkok airlines 8,040

Thai was 10,965!!!! :realangry:

we are talking a 70 minute flight!!

I read somewhere that the bar code that you get after a web check-in or mobile check-in expires 1 hour before the scheduled flight time. Is this true?

Another disadvantage is that you cannot choose seats if you wish to sit next to other people with whom you are traveling. Previously it was possible to arrange to sit together at the check-in counter.

You can pre check in at the same time u buy ur ticket online ( just purchased ticket yesterday>, They ask u if u want to check in at the same time

u can print ur boarding pass,

or they will send u a bar code to ur phone or email an you use that to print boarding pass at the kiosks at the airport. No idea if it expires as didn't bother with that as i printed all my boarding passes right then.

You can purchase seats they start at 65 baht one way