Thai Police Suspect They Have Found Bodies Of 169 Missing Red-Shirts

webfact

I had to love all the 'creative" criticisms of my post on this topic. However, no one, came up with a rationale of why the mass buryings were not newsworthy when they were interred.

Remember, no matter what you believe: "A belief is just a thought you think!"

For news to be news to has to be news.

Otherwise we could report that the traffic light switch from green to red and back several times a day - today again.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to love all the 'creative" criticisms of my post on this topic. However, no one, came up with a rationale of why the mass buryings were not newsworthy when they were interred.

They are relatively common. As has been pointed out several times earlier, 169 mass buryings (actually, re-buryings) is small fry for Thailand.

It wasn't news till some Pro-Red policeman made the connection with :

Red claims of missing people,

the political need to hammer the Dems and Army in some quarters,

the recent movement of 165 indigent unidentified bodies,

and his wanting to profit by making some people happy.

Prior to that it was just business as usual.

The un-cremated poor, because no one PAID for cremation,

were moved from one wat to another, to make room for new incoming deceased. Most people are cremated, there are not a lot of cemeteries in evidence in Thailand. So sometimes a reshuffle to balance the load is needed, while the un-cremated decay enough for smaller burial spaces.

Police Confident in Cracking Mystery Behind 169 Unidentified Bodies

Rayong Police have expressed confidence that they will soon solve the case of 169 mysterious bodies found at three temples in the Klaeng District, while ruling out any speculation that they could be bodies of red-shirt supporters who were killed during the political protest last year.

Rayong Police Commander Police Major General Preecha Charoensahayanont said he has commanded the investigators to get to the bottom of the truth behind the169 human remains found buried at three temples in the province.

The temples are: Klongtakwa, Samor Prong and Huay Yang temples.

Based on documents held by Rayong's Buddhasart Songkroh foundation, the bodies are those of people who died in 2007 and no relatives came to claim them.

They had been kept in Chumphon Province until 2010 before being relocated to the three temples in Rayong, where a major cemetery clearing ceremony is being organized.

Preecha admitted that it would be impossible to dig up all the corpses, but said that people who believe the bodies might be those of their relatives' can contact the police so that a forensic identification can be conducted.

He added that any questions or complaints concerning the case would also be welcomed.

Meanwhile, Deputy Transport Minister Police Lieutenant General Chat Kuldilok said it is still not confirmed whether the bodies could be those of red-shirt protesters who went missing or Typhoon Gay victims in 1989.

He denied having raised the issue in order to divert public attention from allegations against the government and insisted that the government will not be able to interfere in the investigation.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-24

footer_n.gif

Meanwhile, Deputy Transport Minister Police Lieutenant General Chat Kuldilok said it is still not confirmed whether the bodies could be those of red-shirt protesters who went missing or Typhoon Gay victims in 1989.

Meanwhile, Pheu Thai Party MP and Deputy Transport Minister Police Lieutenant-General Chat Kuldilok resigned from his Party-list MP position yesterday.

Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai Ministers To Resign Party-List MPs

Disposing of dead bodies is not newsworthy,unless there has been foul play,

up to now there is no evidence of that being the case.

And a belief needs to have some credibility, unless one is a conspiracy theorist?

Red-shirt Network Demands Exhumation of Mass Graves

The eastern red-shirt network has called on relevant agencies to disinter the mysterious 165 bodies from the mass graves and conduct further forensic probes as the group is confident that the corpses are those of their comrades who have been missing since the protest crackdown.

The red-shirt network from Rayong and Chantaburi provinces, led by Duang Samun from Rayong and Serm Thanadecho from Chantaburi, traveled to the site of a mass grave at Wat Huay Yang in Klaeng District of Rayong Province, where 61 mysterious bodies are buried.

Other corpses have also been found buried in other temples' graves, totalling 165.

Security has been tightened at Wat Huay Yang as many related agencies are ready to exhume the bodies for forensic examination.

Chantabuti red-shirt key member Serm Thanadecho said his visit was aimed at ensuring that no one has tampered with the evidence as further forensic probes are needed to clear the air and answer unresolved questions.

Moreover, the red-shirt group has also called on relevant agencies to disinter the bodies to dispel any doubt that any party may have.

He said the red-shirt group believes that some of their peers who have been missing since the protest crackdown last year are among the mysterious corpses buried in Rayong.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-24

footer_n.gif

If the bodies have been moved from their original burial site and stripped of clothing and personal possessions, there's probably little the forensic investigations can achieve, unless the dental records of some of the missing red-shirts are available. Once bodies are moved from the original burial sites, it is almost impossible to determine the post mortem interval with any useful accuracy.

Chantabuti red-shirt key member Serm Thanadecho said the red-shirt group believes that some of their peers who have been missing since the protest crackdown last year are among the mysterious corpses buried in Rayong.

Did the key member give reasoning as to why the red-shirt group believes some of their 'peers' might be mixed in with the corpses at Rayong? Furthermore can he name names of peers who have been missing?

Dig up the corpses, by all means, just do it. In whatever state they may be it should be possible to determine the age, especially if they are from 1989 as alleged. Mind you even if some of the corpses are a 'wee bit younger', investigators really require names to be able to try DNA, or other type of comparison :ermm:

Dig up the corpses, by all means, just do it. In whatever state they may be it should be possible to determine the age, especially if they are from 1989 as alleged. Mind you even if some of the corpses are a 'wee bit younger' ........

If naked bodies have been moved from their original burial sites, it is not usually possible to determine when they died with any degree of accuracy.

..........Dig up the corpses, by all means, just do it. In whatever state they may be it should be possible to determine the age, especially if they are from 1989 as alleged. Mind you even if some of the corpses are a 'wee bit younger' ........

If naked bodies have been moved from their original burial sites, it is not usually possible to determine when they died with any degree of accuracy.

I'm a bit surprised, but must admit to know next to nothing about pathology, dead bodies and the like. Assuming you have some knowledge and/or experience in this field, I'm more than willing to accept your statement on this.

Edited by rubl

And a belief needs to have some credibility, unless one is a conspiracy theorist?

Credibility can be just another term for "belief" in that it is entirely subjective, unless it is supported by hard facts. Direct observations and empircal data (i.e. facts) can lead individuals to have beliefs that are much closer to reality.

For me, it is easy to believe in things which are supported by hard evidence and/or science (i.e. the sun rises and sets on a 24 hour basis), but I am very skeptical of anything any politician says (based upon a life time of observations of campaign rhetoric versus actual events).

As far as Thai politics, any elected government officials that are removed by a planned coup supported by high-level military commanders and power brokers (rich and elitists Thais), followed by a legal ruling that the elected, replacement leaders are also unfit to serve and have to be removed, followed by a new Constituion that effectively hamstrings the major, opposing political party, causes a lot of alarm bells to go off in my head.

Still, to each his own.

RickThai

/../ followed by a new Constituion that effectively hamstrings the major, opposing political party, causes a lot of alarm bells to go off in my head.

Care to expand upon this statement?

Preferably in the correct topic - or not...

Disposing of dead bodies is not newsworthy,unless there has been foul play, up to now there is no evidence of that being the case.

If they are buried one or two at a time over time, and then dug up all at once, they are a mass movement of the previously buried, but not necessarily a Mass Grave with all of most of bodies interred en-masse.

If it is an equalizing of load amongst several potters fields then it is a mass reburial but not necessarily a mass burial at any single time, but a mass re-interment at this time.

Of course that opens the doors for hyperbol about mass burials and all the mental debris that gives off. There were 2,000 fetus' found a few months ago, they said mass burial then too, but no attribution was attempted that they were 'Red Shirt Fetus' being hidden.... ' still that number far overshadows this circumstance.

Edited by animatic

NATIONAL

Documents solve mystery of bodies

By The Nation

Published on August 25, 2011

National Police spokesman Pol MajGeneral Prawut Thavornsiri said yesterday that there was valid documentation for the socalled 169 mysterious corpses found buried in two Rayong temples.

After national police chief Wichean Potephosree received this report from the chief of Provincial Police Region 8, he assigned his deputy Pol General Pansiri Prapawat to check the documents and have the corpses identified.

Meanwhile, in reaction to Deputy Transport Minister LtGeneral Chatt Kuldiloke's claim that someone saw red shirts being removed from the corpses, Democrat Party's Rayong MP Sathit Pitudecha said yesterday that he should provide evidence. He said the Sawang Pratheep Foundation and Provincial Police Region 2 had already concluded the corpses had not been claimed and a meritmaking ceremony would be held for them in November.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-25

More for the body count? Check out this article in Pattaya Daily News

Chonburi Corpse Truck Overturns 23 Dead Bodies On The Tarmac

2124.jpg

A corpse transport truck blows a tire and overturns on the express way en route to a cemetery in Chonburi and 23 corpses are thrown out on the road.The superintendent of Bang Pakong police confirms that the corpses are not dead red-shirt supporters.

Chachoenchao, August 25, 2011[PDN]; Pol.Lt.Col.Chalermchai Naksen, Chachoenchao Police, was notified that a truck carrying dead bodies had overturned at km marker 47 Bangpakong -Chachoenchao expressway. At the scene the police found a Isuzu truck, license number 82-8966 Chonburi. Owned by Tri Kunnatham Foundation, Chonburi. The overturned truck had a blown back left tyre. The driver Mr Prasarn, age 37 was injured and taken to Bangpakong Hospital.Later the corpses were collected by Tri Kunnatham Foundation officers and taken to the to the cemetery.

Pol.Col. Terdkiet Viriyasathitkul, superintendent of Bangpakong-Chachoenchao police said that the truck ha collected the bodies from Siriraj Hospital. They were all victims of various accidents in Bangkok Metropolitan area and been brought for identification to Siriraj Hospital University Hospital

The superintendent Pol. Col. Terdkiet said he had investigated the accident and the corpses. Everything was according to the law. He also confirmed that the corpses were not those of the red shirt supporters as reported by some media.

^

Must be red shirts

Can only be red shirts. There's no other possible explanation.

Impossible to disprove your statement: DNA and carbon dating tests cannot determine a corpse's political tendencies, so they must have been. So according to R. Amsterdam, they must have been

So, looks like and looks like or ? Really?<snip>

However, you may have stumbled across the reason why certain things can be confusing, what they really ought to do is forget about their own language and learn yours.

Thais normally use European numerals. However, the Thai '7' normally has a crossbar - after all, Thais do live on the Eurasian continent.

Also, how do you count so many bodies in a mass grave after this time ?

I got the impression the wats were told how many bodies there were when they were buried.

How on earth does Sip Et sound like Sip Paet. And if it does then so does Sip Jet etc.

For the consonants, it's called assimilation, and it does happen happen. Compare colloquial yang ngai for yaang nai 'how'. As to the vowels, speaking indistinctly would be the explanation. Long vowels do get shortened in long words.

I would consider him a useful second tier source of information the same way I would consider the result of wiping my arse on a bit of toilet paper a useful second tier source of information. They are both about the same; some shit on a bit of paper.

Surely the latter can be a convenient and reliable method of examining the state of your stools. It should not be demeaned by comparison to Robert Armstrong.

^

Must be red shirts

Can only be red shirts. There's no other possible explanation.

Totally logical and correct, indeed how could it be otherwise, when everybody in the country is a Red-Shirt, except for a handful of elites living in Bangkok, as RA assures the world ? ! :oB)

I would consider him a useful second tier source of information the same way I would consider the result of wiping my arse on a bit of toilet paper a useful second tier source of information. They are both about the same; some shit on a bit of paper.

Surely the latter can be a convenient and reliable method of examining the state of your stools. It should not be demeaned by comparison to Robert Amsterdam.

Bravo !

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the mass graves in Rayong? Did someone already come up with the list of hundreds of red-shirts missing who might be buried there ? If not did some of the accusers (Robert A. including) already apologise for making so much noise over a non-issue?

Edited by rubl

• 2 weeks later...

Police to Unearth 165 Suspicious Bodies for Autopsy Next Week

Police have prepared to exhume 165 unidentified bodies previously found dead in three temples in Rayong Province.

A forensic laboratory will investigate the cause and time of death.

Police Lieutenant General Krisada Pankongchuen attended a meeting with the Special Investigations Department and identification biometrics, to discuss the case of 165 bodies that were found dead in three temples, including Takwa Temple, Samorprong Temple, Hauy Yang Temple, in Krang District of Rayong Province.

The Buddism Welfare Association and the Putta Pratheep Foundation have authorized the release of the bodies to be taken to find the exact cause and time of death.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-09-30

Edited by whybother