Flights To And From C.Mai

maidu

Doing a search online, I see millions of sites purporting to give info about Chiang Mai flight schedule. Perhaps the big international sites have ok info, but as far as I can tell, there's not one Thai-based site which has current info. The several C.Mai and Thai-based sites I looked at have data that's close to 10 years old and phone numbers which are defunct. Is there anyone in C.Mai who can put together a site with current and reliable info?

I'm looking for C.Mai to Vientian or possibly to Udon Thani. I'd like flight times, and if possible, approx costs.

I'm looking for C.Mai to Vientian or possibly to Udon Thani. I'd like flight times, and if possible, approx costs.

You could google your required flights above, exactly the same way I just did just now and you will get all the details you need......it's a piece of cake, smile.gif

Edited by uptheos

Contact Lao Airlines for CM to Vientenne via L. Provang. As far as I know they are the only airline flying from Lao to Chiang Mai.

If you go through Bangkok you have more options.

You are more likely to get current information about times of flights and costs by contacting an agent or the airline directly rather than going by second hand information from TV members.

You are more likely to get current information about times of flights and costs by contacting an agent or the airline directly rather than going by second hand information from TV members.

Yeah, but that takes time and effort.

You could google your required flights above, exactly the same way I just did just now and you will get all the details you need......it's a piece of cake, smile.gif

Perhaps a piece of 8 year old cake. If you read my OP, you'll see that I did that, and found millions of hits, but not one of the half dozen I checked had current or reliable info. Even the Lao Airlines site had no schedule and no contact email or phone for anyone in Thailand.

I'll wind up going to a travel agent, but the gist of my concern was that there seems to be not one web site within Thailand which has reliable and current flight info in that regard (expecting to see prices would be asking too much). If you find a URL like that, let me know.

Perhaps a piece of 8 year old cake. If you read my OP, you'll see that I did that, and found millions of hits, but not one of the half dozen I checked had current or reliable info. Even the Lao Airlines site had no schedule and no contact email or phone for anyone in Thailand.

I'll wind up going to a travel agent, but the gist of my concern was that there seems to be not one web site within Thailand which has reliable and current flight info in that regard (expecting to see prices would be asking too much). If you find a URL like that, let me know.

I don't know of any one site with up to date info on every flight in and out of CM and all the possible connections. It would seem an unlikely thing with all the discount airlines.

On the Lao Airline site you can get the flight info but you have to input the CNX-LPQ-CNX separately from the connection LPQ-VTE-LPQ. As has previously been stated the other options are via Bangkok (many more flight options), or flying to Udon Thani and taking van/songthiew/tuktuk from there.

There are not many flights from CNX full stop. But Nok Air fly to Udon everyday. Lao Airlines fly to Luang Prabang a few times a week and from there you can fly on to Vientienne. Nok Air you can book online and Lao Airlines may be better with an agent or the airline office direct. Other than that you fly via Bangkok.

How I sympathize with you. It really is quite dreadful how these webmasters have failed in their duty to give you all the information you want for free. Just to make matters worse, many of these sites you talk about have the audacity to carry advertising which most people go out of their way to avoid clicking on thus depriving the webmasters of their only hope of receiving a little income to offset their considerable costs.If web users were less selfish then webmasters would perhaps be more willing to do the extra work.