Hd Pvr By True - Coming Next Month

greatjob

Hi,

I just got the news in the mail, True is getting a brand new HD box with new HDMI connections and - I was told - much better picture quality and signal, especially for HD channels.

It will also be equipped with a USB port to attach an external Hard Drive (not included) and the new box has the PVR capability.

You need to call their customer service number and ask for upgrading your box to "HD Plus" box, first come first serve and first boxes delivered in October. There is no charge to upgrade (and I paid 9,000 Baht for the first PVR box, which was rubbish......)

That is good news, now let's hope they get the new HD channels on satellite ASAP.

GJ

Thanks for that info, I received my Sept. Premiere magazines, and it had a HD promotion black card, I asked my GF what it said and she kind of like said something about box but not the details you gave, and I just called a few times and got through and the Truevision rep said that my building only has three HD channels, and I can apply for the box for October, they will call me back and then if I want it would cost me another 290 baht a month added to my Platinum and Signature channel fees.

I said OK send me the box even though I just had a replacement regular box sent a few weeks ago because the box I had was damaged due to a fall from the counter, the tech charged 500 baht for that.

In any case the HDMI< and USB< and HD, are worth the extra fees I guess, so again thanks for your post it was helpful.

I have a new Samsung 50 inch LCD and I think it handles HD, was not told since that was a replacement for a dysfunctional TV they just could not fix and this one works great.

Thanks for that info, I received my Sept. Premiere magazines, and it had a HD promotion black card, I asked my GF what it said and she kind of like said something about box but not the details you gave, and I just called a few times and got through and the Truevision rep said that my building only has three HD channels, and I can apply for the box for October, they will call me back and then if I want it would cost me another 290 baht a month added to my Platinum and Signature channel fees.

I said OK send me the box even though I just had a replacement regular box sent a few weeks ago because the box I had was damaged due to a fall from the counter, the tech charged 500 baht for that.

In any case the HDMI< and USB< and HD, are worth the extra fees I guess, so again thanks for your post it was helpful.

I have a new Samsung 50 inch LCD and I think it handles HD, was not told since that was a replacement for a dysfunctional TV they just could not fix and this one works great.

Happy to hear it is helpful. I can't wait to get my hand on the new box. I really really hope it is much better quality than the PVR they had before because it was really a piece of cr%p.

GJ

Edited by greatjob

• 2 months later...

I just got the new box (made by Samsung), and although I don't have an HD TV set, the quality of the picture is remarkably better. Also, the single satellite remote unit controls my Samsung TV basic functions as well--very handy.

QUESTION:

Has anyone had any experience programming the "favorites" genres with the new box? The old box allowed us to separate our favorites into sports, music, news, etc. I can see these genres in the new box programming, but cannot figure out how to assign various channels to these genres. Anyone? unsure.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

I just got the new box (made by Samsung), and although I don't have an HD TV set, the quality of the picture is remarkably better. Also, the single satellite remote unit controls my Samsung TV basic functions as well--very handy.

QUESTION:

Has anyone had any experience programming the "favorites" genres with the new box? The old box allowed us to separate our favorites into sports, music, news, etc. I can see these genres in the new box programming, but cannot figure out how to assign various channels to these genres. Anyone? unsure.gif

They were supposed to deliver my box last Thursday (24th) but didn't show up and I've heard notning from them.

Let's wait and see what box they have choosen

I had the loan of a PVR box for an HD service.

It had a usb connection for the PVR side.

Technosat T-786

It was awful.

Slow to switch channels and the PVR function was flaky to say the least.

Nowhere as good as my old Dreambox

so I gave it back.