Fortuner - Tyre Presure

Muppetbkk

Well, I am now a proud owner of a Fortuner 2.7 and i have to say that i am really pleased with it.

I do have one question though that the sale rep couldn't answer: What tyre presure should i chooses for optimum ride comfort..(mainly driving around bangkok and immediate area) The tyres say 34 (if i remember rightly)...the sticker on the door says 30 but the tyres came with about 40 in them. The ride is a bit harsh at the moment.

Anyone have any experience on this to save me playing around at different presures.

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

30 psi all round under normal circumstances.

30 psi front and 45-50 psi rear when fully loaded.

When I collected my new Mazda some years ago, I noticed that the ride was very 'hard'. I purchased a pressure guage and found the tyres to have 60 psi all round. The owner's manual stated 30 psi all round. I returned to the dealer and asked the reason why the tyre pressures were so high. They agreed that the pressures were high and reduced them to 50 psi all round! I asked my wife why they had not reduced them to 30 psi as per the book. "They know what they are doing" she said. :o:D:D

Anyway, upon returning home I reduced the pressures to 30 psi and they've been at that ever since.