NACC Investigates Transport Min's Permanent Secretary's Assets After Being Robbed of Bt200 Million

webfact

The civil service taking their lead from politicians in thailand,the whole corrupt sickening edifice at all levels of government in thailand

I used to work for a nationalized industry in the UK, anyone who could be at it, was at it.

The only people who complained were the people who were not in a position to benefit from the gross corruption that went on, should Thailand be different?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRIBERY SCANDAL

Supoth denies scandal

The Nation

Supoth said that this scandal is to discredit him, adding that the stolen cash is the dowry and cash gifts for his newly-wed daughter.

"Wedding gift" - now where have I heard that before? <_<

How recently was the wedding, in the last few days, or months even? aren't gifts and dowries normally given AT / DURING the event?:ermm:

What percentage of his annual salary would even B5 million represent?:huh:

For what it's worth, I can confirm from personal-knowledge that his daughter did indeed get married, on Saturday. My wife and son were there. With over a thousand guests (including Banharn) at the wedding, the value of the unopened wedding-envelopes could easily have been a couple of million Baht, when the burglars arrived (with a pick-up to carry away the loot) on the Sunday.

What a lovely start to married life, for the happy couple, who are nice people. Glad that the police rapidly caught the ratbag thieves. B)

Since when do thieves admit to stealing money? Supoj obviously didn't say anything about the 200 million Baht, so why would the thieves? They could have gotten away with it if he didn't say anything, so why report that you stole 200 million?

Looks like another cheap attempt at framing by the Democrats. Sad, sad.

A former boss of my wife was burgled 2 years ago. The thieves knew were the safe was.

They carried off 10million in cash and a major part of his wife's gold.

There are wealthy Thais who keep large amount of cash at home.

However, a burglar claiming to have taken 200mil? Yeah, right...

Where is the evidence?

The burglar has to provide evidence that he stole 200 million? How many times have you heard of burglars who claim the stole MORE than the victom?

Oh officer, I stole four other cars I forgot to tell you about.

Geez

Since when do thieves admit to stealing money? Supoj obviously didn't say anything about the 200 million Baht, so why would the thieves? They could have gotten away with it if he didn't say anything, so why report that you stole 200 million?

I think youll find the NACC in general and Klannarong especially are not at all what you wopuld call sympathetic to PTP. If they are bais it wouldnt be in that way at all. It could be though that they are doing their jobs and dont care that this dude is actually poltically connected to other parties than PTP. The PTP dont have a monopoly on corruption. And the amount of money that went through the last regime was humongous compared to what has gone through this one in only a few months, so the chances are that any corruption exposed now will tend to be from that period.

I think youll find the NACC in general and Klannarong especially are not at all what you wopuld call sympathetic to PTP. If they are bais it wouldnt be in that way at all. It could be though that they are doing their jobs and dont care that this dude is actually poltically connected to other parties than PTP. The PTP dont have a monopoly on corruption. And the amount of money that went through the last regime was humongous compared to what has gone through this one in only a few months, so the chances are that any corruption exposed now will tend to be from that period.

Subject is not a cabinet minister, nor part of PTP, he is a career bureaucrat. He was elevated to his current position when the Democrats were in power.

Nice try with that little abbreviation in the headline though implying that he may be the minister's permanent secretary. He is the transport ministry's permanent secretary, which means that he stays in position while ministers and governments change. ;)

Edited by Payboy

A former boss of my wife was burgled 2 years ago. The thieves knew were the safe was.

Where is the evidence?

The burglar has to provide evidence that he stole 200 million? How many times have you heard of burglars who claim the stole MORE than the victom?

Geez

If the NACC are going to investigate the allegation and check if he has undeclared funds, then yes.

Are they just going to take a burglars world for it that there was 200mil?

And some people have a hard time reading and comprehending.

He is not a minister.

While I am sure that this character is corrupt (he is a cabinet minster after all!), the billion baht story doesn't sound very likely. Probably, the burglers did take 5 million or so, but didn't have time to could it properly & confessed to 200 million.

No, isn't a cabinet minister. Read the headline. :rolleyes:

The fact the story made the light of days says the joker is TOAST,

crispy black and sent back the the rice paddy's in disgrace.

2 million is 200,000 1,000 baht notes.

Why have none of the crooked governments created a 3,000 or 5,000 baht note? Not so hard to command the treasury make a more portable and STASHable large note. Safes can shrink by 4/5ths their size or hold 4 times as much 'value'.

Why do you think the US 100 dollar bill is the most common currency still even in these bad times? It's large enough to carry a lot of and small enough to not be really noticeable,

Edited by animatic

Why do you think the US 100 dollar bill is the most common currency still even in these bad times? It's large enough to carry a lot of and small enough to not be really noticeable,

It's 2,000 notes and is a stack about 40 cm high.

Prefer the CHF 1000 notes myself. The Swiss have a reason for this high denomination. :rolleyes:

Supoth said that this scandal is to discredit him, adding that the stolen cash is the dowry and cash gifts for his newly-wed daughter.

She must have been quite a catch.

I think he was referring to receiving the "dowery" of his "other daughter"... the Chinese one... "from Nong Khai"...

A high-speed train project, a planned joint investment project between Thailand and China, which will link between the Thai capital and Nong Khai province bordering Laos is expected to be completed in late 2015, said Supoth Sublom, permanent secretary for Thai Transport Ministry.

high-speed train with dual rail track at construction costs estimated at Bt180 billion

The Thai-China joint committee has agreed on the framework of the Thai-Sino high-speed train project, in which Thailand will hold 51 per cent and China will hold 49 per cent.

The memorandum of understanding (MoU) is expected to be signed in April, Supoth Sublom, Transport permanent secretary said yesterday.

Edited by Buchholz

Most normal people don't have 5 million in cash too at home.

Besides mob-bosses and others involved in shady dealings.

Let's not forget that Yingluck said she had Bt13 Million in cash on her asset declaration.

week-end shopping money for the billionairess

"Wedding gift" - now where have I heard that before? <_<

How recently was the wedding, in the last few days, or months even? aren't gifts and dowries normally given AT / DURING the event?:ermm:

Indeed, that angle is deja vu all over again.

It's amazing people could believe Potjaman's tale in court for tax evasion that she gave her brother a wedding gift of 753 Million Baht... 2 full years after the wedding. :ermm:

He said it was impossible to hid 200 million or 1 billion baht at his home.

Maybe this could be a theme a new game show. A politician hides 10 million baht in their home and members of the public have 30 minutes to find it. Great Viewing, a combination of homes of the stars and treasure hunt.

Where is the evidence?

Geez

That people confess to more crimes than the police can proof is the norm in Thailand. Yes Officer I transport a 100 000 yabaa for 20 000 THB. But I did it already 4 times before. I got my order from the jail. Always good work from the BiB.:whistling:

Edited by hanuman2543

So what you are saying is that if it is shown that he isn't aligned with PTP at all, but the opposite, then it should be a conspiracy by the PTP to get rid of a long-term bureaucrat in preparation of filling the position with one of their own?

It could be true and then most likely he was in charge to organize and pay for the expenses to carry masses of people to where ever their emperor would show up on a short notice. I'm almost certain.

It would be more interesting to know how the money was channeled, was it by the J. led CFR or under the same banner their Jihadis? Both groups are very well versed in this kind of capital shifting.

... There is something to it or else this man wouldn't have been removed so fast.

Now we have the man made orchestrated flood, the amnesty, the mysterious channeling of huge amount of monies and other facts, what's next?

Can any of the rich TV members give me an idea how high a pile of 1000 x 1000 Baht notes would be? I only got 20 at hand, not enough for a good extrapolation.:D

Just curious how many duffel bags they'd need to carry that 200 Million.

I walked with 3 million, 4 years ago, in cash. It was inside a swollen laptop bag.

One large sports bag is enough to carry 200mill.

-Sinnawatra

Previous to latter name joke, the prior is true.. :jap:

Can any of the rich TV members give me an idea how high a pile of 1000 x 1000 Baht notes would be? I only got 20 at hand, not enough for a good extrapolation.:D

Just curious how many duffel bags they'd need to carry that 200 Million.

I walked with 3 million, 4 years ago, in cash. It was inside a swollen laptop bag.

One large sports bag is enough to carry 200mill.

-Sinnawatra

Previous to latter name joke, the prior is true.. :jap:

5218e43fe8bb6b5678d478bad14270e1.jpg divide it by about 15 (I didn't do the math yet, but seems about right) and you see that it doesn't take to much space. This is 100 million $ in 100 Dollar notes

It's 2,000 notes and is a stack about 40 cm high.

Meant the larger figure in discussion 200 million, a dyslexic moment.

I have carried 2 million baht and it is not small by any means.

Is there a link to the Democrats ... ... besides in your mind?

Where is the evidence?

Presumably the police have the evidence after catching the burglars. It is

hardly likely it was the burglar's own money.

Mind you there probably isn't 200 mill now :whistling:

It's all over nothing to see here folks. Police have now said it was only about a mill plus some jewelry (told you that 200 mill would disappear).

Mind you his house in Soi Lat Phrao 64 looks quite nice. It just shows what you can get by being frugal with your modest civil servants pay.

30170189-01_big.jpg

PS: Love the name of one of the robbers: Singthong - Karaoke with a lisp!