Truemove - H - Prepay Available

greatjob

Hi,

can anyone of you tell me how I can top up my True-Move H Sim? My inital credit is used up and couldnt find a way to put new credit yet sad.png

It doesnt work if I select the usual True in my Kasikornbank account. Will normal true vouchers from 7/11 work or any other hints where I can get a new load? Credit Card?

The boots in Tesco couldnt really help me today.

Thanks for any help!

Were you able to top-up? It seems like the TrueMoney Cash Card, available everywhere, should work. I think you dial 90001 from your phone, follow the prompts, entering the PIN from the card.

It's hard to get any detail on top-up options as the service is so new, and so few people have it.

I guess you could call 1331 for help if you cannot figure out how to top up.

Good luck, and let us know what works re: topping up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the "2000 installed sites" is just waffling on ?

well DTAC 3 g works in metro bkk, nakhon pathom, hua hin and a few other places so IF as you say they only have 5 cell sites now.

Think how good they will be when they ARE actually allowed to spread out illegally like True have been biggrin.png

I have a dtac post pay and a true, AIS prepay because honestly 3G service is pretty spotty.

Best to check in your area first before committing. In my old place i did not get a single bar on dtac but in my new place i have 4-5 all the time, 3G is 3-5mb down, 1 up.

Hi,

can anyone of you tell me how I can top up my True-Move H Sim? My inital credit is used up and couldnt find a way to put new credit yet sad.png

It doesnt work if I select the usual True in my Kasikornbank account. Will normal true vouchers from 7/11 work or any other hints where I can get a new load? Credit Card?

Thanks for any help!

Were you able to top-up? It seems like the TrueMoney Cash Card, available everywhere, should work. I think you dial 90001 from your phone, follow the prompts, entering the PIN from the card.

It's hard to get any detail on top-up options as the service is so new, and so few people have it.

I guess you could call 1331 for help if you cannot figure out how to top up.

Good luck, and let us know what works re: topping up.

Goods news. I was able to top up with the usual True Move credit from 7/11 , no special True-Move H credit needed. Staff in True Move Shop in Nathon told me its possible, luckily the girl was right :)

I have just entered the top up number into the software of my True Move 3G Stick, easy and instantly.

Enjoy the 5 cells sites where you can get your 1 GB from

DTAC's 2,000 installed 3G base-stations have been sufficient for me to date. Not sure where you pulled this "5 cell sites" from? I spend most of my time in metro-Bangkok. The choice of a service provider is very personal, and dependent on many, many factors. I was considering moving to TrueMove H Prepay but I am still waiting for more user feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for any help!

The brochure included with the Smartphone Prepay SIM mentioned several top-up options. TrueMoney, basically the universal True card you can buy anywhere, may be the easiest for you?

http://www.hutch.co....ay/refil_en.htm

The brochure also mentions 7-11 top-up, where you give them your number and cash and they add value.

The TrueMove H prepay service is new so hopefully they'll get the ATM top-up arranged and working soon? Not sure what happens if you choose Hutch on the ATM service?

Meanwhile I have tried it and it works with the usual True Voucher, from 7/11, no special True Move-H Voucher needed. Thats ok for now, I am happy to have at least one way to top up.

At internet banking with Kasikorn I can only select "Hutch Postpay", probably not the right one, couldnt try ATM yet.

FYI, it looks like Truemove H customers, at least postpaid, can utiilize the 006 service, but you have to register for it:

TrueMove H Customers

a. TrueMove H postpay customers who have already applied for IDD service with Truemove H enable to use true 006 without registering.

b. New TrueMove H customers can request for true 006 service at Hutch and TrueMove shop or calling to True Move Call Center 1331. TrueMove and TrueMove H customers who have already activated for international roaming service are automatically activated for true 006 service.

I sort of assume TrueMove H prepay customers can also register for 006?

What about 00600?

I MND'd from TrueMove to TrueMove-H post-paid, and forgot about enabling True WiFi (didn't even have username/password) until a few weeks after.

Now I realize I probably need to enable 00600, as well.

Anything ELSE I might have forgotten to change from TrueMove to TrueMove-H?

well DTAC 3 g works in metro bkk, nakhon pathom, hua hin and a few other places so IF as you say they only have 5 cell sites now.

Think how good they will be when they ARE actually allowed to spread out illegally like True have been biggrin.png

Not literally 5 - duhhh.

Was the opposite of the claimed 2000 for which there is still no reference where this figure came from. As for illegal....... I guess you can say what ever you want on a web forum, even if it's total <deleted>. Just ask Eddy , he learnt the hard way

What about 00600?

I think 00600 requires an InterSIM (pre-paid or post-paid), and in the case of post-paid it used to require a monthly fee. Did you have 00600 before? Post-paid or pre-paid? It was pretty easy to get a pre-paid InterSIM (49 baht) on TrueMove, then you could layer a 3G data plan on top of that. With TrueMove H pre-paid I think you may be limited to 006, which is pretty decent: 3 baht/min to the U.S. If you ant 1 baht/min maybe try one of the calling cards?

Goods news. I was able to top up with the usual True Move credit from 7/11 , no special True-Move H credit needed. Staff in True Move Shop in Nathon told me its possible, luckily the girl was right :)

I have just entered the top up number into the software of my True Move 3G Stick, easy and instantly.

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear there is at least one top-up option. The brochure I had with the Smartphone prepay SIM did specificlaly mention the TrueMoney Cash Card as a top-up option. The TrueMoney cash cards are available everywhere.

Are you using the iSIM? In an air-card? Which plan are you using? It looks like they have a +50% promotion on-going, so 500 MB is really 750 MB, for 300 baht.

Edited by lomatopo

Not literally 5 - duhhh.

Was the opposite of the claimed 2000 for which there is still no reference where this figure came from. As for illegal....... I guess you can say what ever you want on a web forum, even if it's total <deleted>. Just ask Eddy , he learnt the hard way

Mate.. wasn't me that said True's deal is illegal it was the different areas of the government and TOT. That's why they have been given time to explain the deal.

Off course illegal in Thailand has many different meanings depending on WHO you are.

PS: what have you got against DTAC? You seem to have an axe to grind.

Edited by thaicbr

1. They tried their best to shut down 3G in Thailand out of self interest.

2. Just annoys me when there is claim about their great 3G network coverage. It's gotten better over the last 3 months in BKK , but they have been claiming 3G in BKK for ages, when actually what they really mean is down town.

1. They tried their best to shut down 3G in Thailand out of self interest.

2. Just annoys me when there is claim about their great 3G network coverage. It's gotten better over the last 3 months in BKK , but they have been claiming 3G in BKK for ages, when actually what they really mean is down town.

What? Dtac tried to shut down 3g............................ hahahahaha.

It's CAT/TOT and their cronies at True that have distorted the 3g market in Thailand. It is they that have caused Dtac's 3g problems by constantly rejecting Dtac's applications for equipment etc.. even rejecting an increase in trial equipment while letting True move expand their trial.

Because officially that's all we have is a trial 3g system in Thailand (accept TOT's 1900mhz 3g.

Cat/True 3h is effectively the original Cat cdma network upgraded to Wcdma/HSDPA 3g.

Then Dtac finally decided to join the rest in breaking the rules so they could attempt to catch up on True/Cat who are 12-18mths ahead.

Don't even get me talking about T0T the ONLY company to have a fully legal 3g licence (for 1900mhz) who have just sat back and pissed it up the wall.

Does anyone else wonder about DTAC's last outage which occurred because they had a fire at a base station in Petchaburi AND on the same night within a few hours of that a car ran into a base station in prachaup kiri kan..coincidence or foul play.....

funny that the Authorities jumped all over it while never mentioning the TOT/Jasmin/3bb fiasco were people were left without internet they had paid for for weeks/months at an end

Rant over wai.gif

Edited by thaicbr

What about 00600?

I think 00600 requires an InterSIM (pre-paid or post-paid), and in the case of post-paid it used to require a monthly fee. Did you have 00600 before? Post-paid or pre-paid? It was pretty easy to get a pre-paid InterSIM (49 baht) on TrueMove, then you could layer a 3G data plan on top of that. With TrueMove H pre-paid I think you may be limited to 006, which is pretty decent: 3 baht/min to the U.S. If you ant 1 baht/min maybe try one of the calling cards?

On my previous TrueMove post-paid iPhone 3G plan (B599/month), I was able to use 00600. I had to have my account authorized for it -- it wasn't an automatic feature of the plan. I think they raised some sort of credit limit setting in the system, as well.

Next time I'm near the True office, I'll inquire about getting 00600 enabled/authorized again. If I remember...

What about 00600?

On my previous TrueMove post-paid iPhone 3G plan (B599/month), I was able to use 00600. I had to have my account authorized for it -- it wasn't an automatic feature of the plan. I think they raised some sort of credit limit setting in the system, as well.

Next time I'm near the True office, I'll inquire about getting 00600 enabled/authorized again. If I remember...

Just to confirm I have 00600 activated on my phone (Truemove-H Postpaid). I was told you have to call them to activate for prepaid.

Good luck.

GJ

Meanwhile I have tried it and it works with the usual True Voucher, from 7/11, no special True Move-H Voucher needed. Thats ok for now, I am happy to have at least one way to top up.

At internet banking with Kasikorn I can only select "Hutch Postpay", probably not the right one, couldnt try ATM yet.

This post shows some options, on how to top up the TrueMove H Prepay iSIM, including using the 14 fdigit TrueMoney scratch PIN.

I am pretty sure you need to be connected via TrueMove H to get the registration screen.

Regarding 00600/InterSIM/Prepay, the current T's & C's say:

26. Current True Move subscribers are not eligible for this promotion.

http://www.truemove.com/en/Inter-SIM-Prepay-condition-1.rails

I cannot use 00600 on a TrueMove (Legacym Not "H") prepay SIM, although I haven't tried to call in to try and register for it.

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully applied any of the 'Free to Topping' packages?

I have tried to apply for the Monthly Net 349 package, but confirmation text I receive is somewhat confusing... When translated with Google Translate...

Immediately after entering *900*43#call, I receive, "ระบบกำลังทำรายการ กรุณารอรับ SMS ยืนยันการสมัครอีกครั้ง ขอบคุณที่ใช้บริการค่ะ", which Google Translates as, "Please wait for the SMS system is to verify the application again. Thanks for using our services."

Ok, fair enough... But then I get, "ขอโทษค่ะ คุณได้สมัครใช้บริการ แพ็คเกจ เนตรายเดือน 349 บาท ใช้อินเตอร์เนตได้ 1 GB Wi-Fi 10 ชม. ต่ออายุอัตโนมัติ นี้อยู่แล้วค่ะ", which Google translates to, "Sorry, you can sign up for a monthly package with a 349 Baht with 1 GB Wi-Fi 10 hour automated renewal. This is me." Wait, what?!?

I have done this twice, with the same result; and have checked my remaining credit which has not been reduced by the 349B.

Am I missing something?

The second message seems to be a confirmation message?

I assume you have enough balance to cover the ~ 374 baht charge? How long ago did you do this? Do you have 3G? Maybe best top stop over-subscribing? ;)

Maybe wait a few more hours, then ring True?

The second message seems to be a confirmation message?

I assume you have enough balance to cover the ~ 374 baht charge? How long ago did you do this? Do you have 3G? Maybe best top stop over-subscribing? wink.png

Maybe wait a few more hours, then ring True?

Yes, it seems to be one, but...

Yes, I have 470 odd baht in credit, so that isn't the issue. First time I did it was 12pm on Thursday; second time was 10pm last night - so I reckon I gave them enough time to provision it before trying again!

I was doing while connected to Wi-Fi, but wouldn't think that would prevent it from registering. Nevertheless, I just tried again with the Wi-Fi turned off, and it made no difference.

Ugh. Will have to call them.

Do you have 3G now?

48 hours would seem like enough time but clearly TrueMove (H) and/or CAT are NOT the sharpest tools in the drawer. They seem to like to make it difficult for customers so it's no surprise they've been number 3 here forever.

I'm waiting for folks like you to blaze the trail.

What make/model phone do you have? Have you configured your phone for TM-H, APN-wise?

http://www.truemove-h.com/helpsupport_apnsettings.aspx

Weird they didn't put this in the SIM package? Oh well.

Edited by lomatopo

Do you have 3G now?

48 hours would seem like enough time but clearly TrueMove (H) and/or CAT are NOT the sharpest tools in the drawer. They seem to like to make it difficult for customers so it's no surprise they've been number 3 here forever.

Yes, I've had 3G+ since I got the SIM two and a half weeks ago (that was an exercise in patience itself), and have been enjoying lightning fast speeds the whole time. What I'm not enjoying though, is the 2Baht/MB charges that come standard with the H Pre Paid SIM. The ability to cheaply and easily top up my data was one of the main things that drew me to TrueMove H!

Edited by jamesbrock

Do you have 3G now?

Yes, I've had 3G+ since I got the SIM two and a half weeks ago (that was an exercise in patience itself), and have been enjoying lightning fast speeds the whole time. What I'm not enjoying though, is the 2Baht/MB charges that come standard with the H Pre Paid SIM. The ability to cheaply and easily top up my data was one of the main things that drew me to TrueMove H!

I'd call. I suspect their prepay systems may be not working so well. Amazing they have any customers? They'd definitely be competitive, if DTAC and AIS could be closed down.

I'd call. I suspect their prepay systems may be not working so well. Amazing they have any customers? They'd definitely be competitive, if DTAC and AIS could be closed down.

Yeah, if I could've gotten anything any faster than Edge where I am, I wouldn't have left dtac.

Edit: Surely I can't have been the first person to try!

Edited by jamesbrock

Hello All, I picked up a TrueH sim and E173 aircard on a prepay promo 1/2 price

at a booth in front True Shop The Mall Korat, a little under Bt.900, 1/2 price for 4

months and then Bt.8xx per month on an unlimited data package.

rice555

Hi,

I have the prepaid card and bought the 5gb plan a couple of weeks ago.

Is there any way to check how much data I have left with an SMS or calling code?

Only found a code to check the thb balance which isn't what I m looking for.

Also, on truemove prepaid, when I ran out of data I had to cancel my current package first before I could activate a new one, is this still valid on H and how would go about it?

Thanks for any help!

I think this works: dial 9302 (free one time per day), then press 4 for data balance. You may have to change the language to English via 9304.

Also with TrueMove you could send an SMS to 9789 with a single capital B in the body and get back your 3G balance, not sure if *900# Send did the same thing, or call *9000.

If you have an iPhone it looks like there is a TrueMove H version of the iService app. http://techtalk.truelife.com/detail/549925

There is this web platform but not sure if it works for Prepay? http://www.trueiservice.com/home/home_index/

If you have an iSIM you can use this portal: http://h.truelife.com/isim/

FYI, I sent a B SMS to 8789, and it only gave the details of the package, not usage. Ditto for dialing *900#

I downloaded/installed the iPhone app. When I click on "MY SERVICE" or "MY SIM INFO" I get:

post-33251-0-34675300-1328555190_thumb.g

Can anybody interpret that message for me, please?

The True iService website works for me, I would never link to a hacked page.

On the old TrueMove sending a single, lower-case b in the body of an SMS to 9789 did return data plan details and usage, I guess this doesn't work with TrueMove H?

I am surprised the Iphone app. doesn't work; I did see screen-shots in some Thai forums.

It would be nice if TrueMove H offered easy ways to add value, check usage and generally manage your account; maybe they will add these capabilities in the future?

Maybe customers here should contact TrueMove H?

FYI, there are several Thai Visa members saying that TrueMove H and CAT My disconnect sessions at 3 hours. http://www.thaivisa....eless-air-card/

post-9615-0-45154400-1328580507_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo