Truemove - H - Prepay Available

greatjob

I think this works: dial 9302 (free one time per day), then press 4 for data balance. You may have to change the language to English via 9304.

Also with TrueMove you could send an SMS to 9789 with a single capital B in the body and get back your 3G balance, not sure if *900# Send did the same thing, or call *9000.

If you have an iPhone it looks like there is a TrueMove H version of the iService app. http://techtalk.true...m/detail/549925

There is this web platform but not sure if it works for Prepay? http://www.trueiserv...ome/home_index/

If you have an iSIM you can use this portal: http://h.truelife.com/isim/

Thanks for those links lomatopo. I've been a bit preoccupied of late to be bothered with this, but installed the iPhone app this morning and - apart from it being in Thai - successfully managed to find and apply the package I was after.

FYI, I sent a B SMS to 8789, and it only gave the details of the package, not usage. Ditto for dialing *900#

I downloaded/installed the iPhone app. When I click on "MY SERVICE" or "MY SIM INFO" I get:

post-33251-0-34675300-1328555190_thumb.g

Can anybody interpret that message for me, please?

I only got that dialogue box after hitting 'submit' - I assumed it was simply a confirmation. That being said, it is an extremely poorly written and buggy app; but it did the job for me so I won't complain too much.

The True iService website works for me, I would never link to a hacked page.

On the old TrueMove sending a single, lower-case b in the body of an SMS to 9789 did return data plan details and usage, I guess this doesn't work with TrueMove H?

I am surprised the Iphone app. doesn't work; I did see screen-shots in some Thai forums.

It would be nice if TrueMove H offered easy ways to add value, check usage and generally manage your account; maybe they will add these capabilities in the future?

Maybe customers here should contact TrueMove H?

FYI, there are several Thai Visa members saying that TrueMove H and CAT My disconnect sessions at 3 hours. http://www.thaivisa....eless-air-card/

The iService website worked for me too. I'd suggest wpcoe has been hacked (or his ISP).

The iPhone app works, although it freezes more than it works. I can see my remaining balance, and it may even allow me to top it up (but as it's in Thai, I'll have to confirm this). As I wrote above I was able to apply the 349B data topping package I was after, but there is no capability in the app to see how much of that data I have remaining - this in itself isn't a major issue, as long as I get an SMS notification when it's running close to zero...

As for calling True - the thought of speaking to some very pleasant person who speaks only basic English, and who barely understands the way their employer's systems works, and leaving more lost and frustrated than I was before I called, does not appeal to me very much. I find it much easier to converse with others who are in the same boat, or who have overcome the obstacles I'm facing, or are just willing to impart knowledge (like yourself).

Once again, thanks for your help. wai.gif

Edited by jamesbrock

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips.

When sending *900# I get the following sms:

จากโปรโมชั่นคุณมี อินเตอร์เนตโบนัส คงเหลือ 60.43 MBใช้งานได้ 5.00 GBต่อรอบบิล หลังจากนั้นสามารถใช้ ความเร็วสูงสุด 384Kbps ได้ไม่จำกัด ปัจจุบันมียอดใช้ไปแล้ว 4.35 GB

Which Google translates to:

Of promotion you have. The bonus with the remaining 60.43 MB 5.00 GB used per billing cycle it can be used. Maximum speed of 384Kbps is not currently in use to 4.35 GB.

So I take it to mean I have about 650 mb left?

When I call the number posted above and press 4 the voice tells me "you do not have balance" though.

Speedtest showed a dl speed of 4.6mbps so I think I'm definitely still not throttled to 384Kbps.

The 4.35 GB number goes up slowly so I think I got it right..

I hope I can just buy a new package once it reaches 5gb and don't have to wait on 384Kbps until the full month is over..

Will keep you guys postednif it works.

It works for me now, as well. However, at 0200 this morning, it was a different situation. Seems like an odd target for such a hack, no?

I downloaded/installed the iPhone app. When I click on "MY SERVICE" or "MY SIM INFO" I get:

post-33251-0-34675300-1328555190_thumb.g

Can anybody interpret that message for me, please?

I only got that dialogue box after hitting 'submit' - I assumed it was simply a confirmation. That being said, it is an extremely poorly written and buggy app; but it did the job for me so I won't complain too much.

I think it is an error message of some sort. Maybe an account setting has to be entered into their system first? I need to pay my bill soon, and will stop by the True counter and see if they know.

The spinning dial and "Loading" appear behind the message, but nothing ever happens beyond that. Pressing the OK button returns to the previous page (list of 5 functions).

Well, glory be. Inspired by QuestionMark's report of success with *900#, I decided to look again, and lo and behold it DOES work:

post-33251-0-28811300-1328625836_thumb.p

translates by Google to:

post-33251-0-55404000-1328625871_thumb.p

I had NO idea before that the "62.00 MB" in that context was what I have actually used so far this month. And, further acknowledging lomatopo, sending a B to 9789 gets me the same Thai SMS.

So, mea culpa, I didn't know how to interpret the English!

And, it looks like TrueMove-H have been busy little beavers finessing the iPhone data plans. I see now that on their "unlimited" iPhone packages, they now shape it to 64Kbps (!) after you've used up your free 3G allocation. (http://www.truemove-...en//iphone.aspx):

post-33251-0-66951900-1328626625_thumb.p

Edited to add: I just noticed the "Monthly discount" and "Bonus" columns. Does the price in the "Monthly fee" column already reflect the discount? Or, is the L package actually B539 (B799 - B260) per month? And, do you really get six months free service after 18 months? (After 18 months of B539???) wacko.png

Edited by wpcoe

The fair-use speed of 64 Kbps seems like a huge mistake when all the competitors are doing 384 Kbps. Maybe it is some sort of type or human error?

The table attached is for the purchase of a new iPhone 4S from TrueMove H. I think i read it the same as you. If you buy the phone, and sign the contract then you get a monthly discount (perhaps paid at the end of the contract? you'll have tor review terms and conditions). and any monthly fee is waived for months 19-24, assuming you met the terms/conditions.

One might be better off with one of the iPhone Free to Surf and Talk plans, which have a 384 Kbps fair use speed? Or even prepaid? No one ever accused TrueMove (H) of being competent.

Yes, they're far from competent. At first I thought you were right that the 64Kbps is a typo, or they just missed that one when they changed their fair-use speed to 384Kbps; but if if you click the details of the 'Other package deals for iPhone', you'll see that both their XL & XXL packages have a fair-use speed of 384Kbps.

Interestingly, if you look at their pre-pay 'Free to Topping' page, you will see their Unlimited Daily Net package has speeds of up to 42Mbps up to the 140GB quota, and 384Mbps thereafter - yes, they actually have 'Mbps' printed there... I was quite excited at having 140GB of data for under 1500B per month; however, if you click on 'Conditions', and go to 3.2, you'll see that it's actually 140 megabytes, not gigabytes... wacko.png

Edited by jamesbrock

I went to the True office at the shopping mall to pay my bill and ask about the "error message" from the iPhone App. Paid my bill. Started the iPhone app and I did NOT get the error pop-up, and got some screen mostly in Thai, but couldn't really see it -- it was a small grey (!) font and I didn't have my reading glasses with me! whistling.gif

Went to have dinner, and couldn't connect with the True WiFi -- was getting the username/password log-in screen. Last month when I paid my bill the fellow took my IMEI number (and whatever else he needed) and said he would put it in the system so I would auto-logon.

Returned to True office after dinner, and I kid you not, it took an hour to get my phone registered for the True WiFi system. Along the way, they noticed I had an outstanding balance of B82. Apparently, when I MNP'd from True to TrueMove-H in December, I never was billed for the 3-4 days that I used the phone while waiting for the cutover so I could use the new TrueMove-H SIM.

I was also shocked to learn that I should have been getting paper invoices in the mail! I have not received a single one. All I have been getting is the SMS with my balance and due date.

AND, just now with reading glasses in hand, I go to the iPhone app, and immediately get:

post-33251-0-85607800-1328731578_thumb.g

I surrender! ph34r.png

I went to the True office at the shopping mall to pay my bill and ask about the "error message" from the iPhone App. Paid my bill.

Are you on a prepaid plan, which is sort of what this thread is about, or a post-paid plan? It sounds like you have a post-paid plan? Can you share any details? Which plan? How does the actual monthly amount due compare to the plan fee? What is the term (length) of your contract? Did you have to provide any residency documentation? Did they have correct mailing address for you? Did you get statements from TrueMove before? Typically what do you do: receive a paper bill, go to the office and pay in cash?

Edited to add: I just noticed the "Monthly discount" and "Bonus" columns. Does the price in the "Monthly fee" column already reflect the discount? Or, is the L package actually B539 (B799 - B260) per month? And, do you really get six months free service after 18 months? (After 18 months of B539???) wacko.png

Hi,

I was on that plan and paid only 539 Baht per month (got a new iphone 4S) and then was told that I would get 6 months free. Great plan but the problem is that the 3G speed is limited to 1MB/s (confirmed by the call center and speedtest.net), so it was not useful to me. I switch to the XL package and now I reach 7-8 MB down/upload on 3G. It makes a huge difference, especially when you use it for VOIP or Skype.

They need to clear up / correct their website, it is a shame that the information is not even accurate on their main website.

Hi,

I was on that plan and paid only 539 Baht per month (got a new iphone 4S) and then was told that I would get 6 months free. Great plan but the problem is that the 3G speed is limited to 1MB/s (confirmed by the call center and speedtest.net), so it was not useful to me. I switch to the XL package and now I reach 7-8 MB down/upload on 3G. It makes a huge difference, especially when you use it for VOIP or Skype.

They need to clear up / correct their website, it is a shame that the information is not even accurate on their main website.

Ouch, I just looked at the Terms and Conditions for the iPhone 4S promo from TrueMove H, and all three plans have the 1 Mbps limitation, in addition to the 64 Kbps fair use speed. Very odd.

Obviously you'd be better off with a Free to Surf and Talk/Smart Package for iPhone, which has no limitation up the limit, and 384 Kbps after.

http://www.truemove-h.com/en//freetosurf-talk.aspx

post-9615-0-39905200-1328751879_thumb.jp

Are you on a prepaid plan, which is sort of what this thread is about, or a post-paid plan? It sounds like you have a post-paid plan? Can you share any details? Which plan? How does the actual monthly amount due compare to the plan fee? What is the term (length) of your contract? Did you have to provide any residency documentation? Did they have correct mailing address for you? Did you get statements from TrueMove before? Typically what do you do: receive a paper bill, go to the office and pay in cash?

I'm on a B499/month post-paid plan with "unlimited use" -- the first 3GB at 3G+ and remainder at 384k-- plus 300 minutes of phone calling, 300 SMS and 50 MMS. This was a special six-month plan offered via SMS in December 2011 to entice me mto convert my previous B599/month True plan to TrueMove-H.

Actual monthly fee is B499 + 7% tax.

I didn't show any residency documentation when I MNP'd from prepaid DTAC to postpaid True last spring (2011). I'm pretty sure they only photocopied the cover page of my passport as a form of ID. I'm in Thailand on a Non-O visa from several years ago, with annual retirement extensions. When I MNP'd from True to TrueMove-H, likewise they only copied the cover page of my passport. When I purchased my first DTAC SIM (around 2003?) I was in Thailand on a 30-day visa-exempt entry stamp.

When I was at the True office yesterday, their computer showed my Jomtien P.O. box address, which I still maintain, and which has never received a paper invoice. They said they will enter my current Hua Hin address. (I didn't wait around for them to do that.)

I have only ever received SMS messages with balance due. With True I could go to 7-11 and say "True Counter Service," and they could type in my phone number and tell me how much to pay. Since MNPing to TrueMove-H, 7-11 has been unable to retrieve my billing info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

can anyone of you tell me how I can top up my True-Move H Sim? My inital credit is used up and couldnt find a way to put new credit yet sad.png

It doesnt work if I select the usual True in my Kasikornbank account. Will normal true vouchers from 7/11 work or any other hints where I can get a new load? Credit Card?

The boots in Tesco couldnt really help me today.

Thanks for any help!

Were you able to top-up? It seems like the TrueMoney Cash Card, available everywhere, should work. I think you dial 90001 from your phone, follow the prompts, entering the PIN from the card.

It's hard to get any detail on top-up options as the service is so new, and so few people have it.

I guess you could call 1331 for help if you cannot figure out how to top up.

Good luck, and let us know what works re: topping up.

Bought a true move top up from 7/11 and have tried to top up..grrrrr useless,so tried the number u supplie above 90001,sorry number disconnected???? my god how hard is this...grrrrr

Bought a true move top up from 7/11 and have tried to top up..grrrrr useless,so tried the number u supplie above 90001,sorry number disconnected???? my god how hard is this...grrrrr

See your other post.

There should be instructions on the 7/11 chit?

*123*nnnnnnnnnnnnn# CALL or SEND

or call 9301.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a truemove H prepaid sim, and I noticed with the free MB that came with the card, I was unable to get more than 1-2 Mbps. I did several tests. But the Upload was 2-3 Mbps, which is very weird. The truemove h phone rep said that there is no cap on the free data, but I'm not sure. When I got my 3GB unlimited package, the download speedtests appeared to be quicker, and a little faster in practice. But then again, I was supposed to have my package at 759 baht, it is now 799 baht :( no updates on website or pamphlet. So some things appear to be changing rapidly without prior notice.

It should be noted that my unlimited package SMS balance says 256kbps speed limit after you reach 3GB fair use cap. I thought it was 384 kbps.

and I did that 9789 with a lower case b with truemove H. It has the same effect as using USSD *900# in that you get a reply via SMS with 2sms showing balances for free promotion, and layered plan promotions. although 9789 appears quicker

Are there any other requests that you can do via SMS to request/cancel/change services? the aircard software has a text message facility that can be used even while you are online.

I usually only use USSD codes, but this can be challenging if your sim card is hooked up inside a data card. Is there an application that allows you to simulate a cell phone on the windows/mac desktop? in this way you could use USSD with an aircard over your desktop?

^^^

and I did that 9789 with a lower case b with truemove H. It has the same effect as using USSD *900# in that you get a reply via SMS, although 9789 appears quicker

And guess what I came across while reading some fine print:

data codes

post-109486-0-29180800-1332040444_thumb.

voice codes (looks like truemove H version of AIS mao-mao)

post-109486-0-34211800-1332041323_thumb.

http://www.truemove-h.com/en//prepay/prepay-topping.aspx

Many of the SMS and USSD codes to subscribe to service. of course we should all know this because we all read the ToS whenever subscribing to any program.happy.png

I usually only use USSD codes, but this can be challenging if your sim card is hooked up inside a data card. Is there an application that allows you to simulate a cell phone on the windows/mac desktop? in this way you could use USSD with an aircard over your desktop?

Edited by 4evermaat

But then again, I was supposed to have my package at 759 baht, it is now 799 baht sad.png no updates on website or pamphlet. So some things appear to be changing rapidly without prior notice. this way you could use USSD with an aircard over your desktop?

Yes, I noticed that last week. I tried to apply my usual 349B package on Monday using the iService app, but it wasn't available as an option. I tried again a few days later and they had all new packages available - as you said, no new information on their website. I applied the 399B package as it was similar to the 349B package (I can't remember the exact details, and the new packages aren't displaying on the iService app this morning).

It looks like they've updated the Thai-language page(s) but not the English ones yet.

http://www.truemove-...ay-topping.aspx

You can see the change in the 759 baht plan to 799.

FWIW, it looks like the 349 baht plan (1 GB/10 hrs of WiFi) only changed to 350 baht (375 with VAT).

They must have just done that. I specifically checked and asked the rep to check while on the phone thai and english versions, and all she could say was "sorry, we change the price, your pamphlet is expired".

I've tried the iService via trueiservice.com, but it will not load any details as each page i tried to load said that no information available for prepaid numbers. So I take it iService is for postpaid accounts, but my signup slipped through the cracks?

PS: Move to Mobile devices sub-forum?

It looks like they've updated the Thai-language page(s) but not the English ones yet.

http://www.truemove-...ay-topping.aspx

Ah, didn't think to look there.

FWIW, it looks like the 349 baht plan (1 GB/10 hrs of WiFi) only changed to 350 baht (375 with VAT).

Correct. That's the one I applied. That will teach me for relying on my memory...

They must have just done that. I specifically checked and asked the rep to check while on the phone thai and english versions, and all she could say was "sorry, we change the price, your pamphlet is expired".

I've tried the iService via trueiservice.com, but it will not load any details as each page i tried to load said that no information available for prepaid numbers. So I take it iService is for postpaid accounts, but my signup slipped through the cracks?

PS: Move to Mobile devices sub-forum?

Unless they're still tweaking their plans and/or website, and it's simply not reflecting on the iService app during the changes. Like I said, the plans weren't there one day, but were there a few days later (albeit, with new pricing).