Honda Crf 250L

RED21

It's important to set the suspension "sag" on any bike particularly off road bikes. It basically entails adjusting the amount the suspension drops when you sit on it. You adjust it using the collar nuts on the spring. If you can't get enough pre load you need to go to a stiffer spring, best done by buying a new shock with a heavier spring. if you google it there are some good explanations on how to do it on you tube etc.

With the CRF as it is and guys upwrds of 90kg you would probably need a stiffer spring. My KTM came with a spring set for guys at a max of 75kg. The shock was good quality so I bought a spring rated for my weight with riding gear on. The CRF has a cheap spring (as the whole bike is "cheap") so probably worth putting a better quality complete shock on it if you plan to take it off road. You can always fit the original back on if you sell the bike and sell the aftermarket shock seperately. I plan to use mine off road so will upgrade the spring. I am 95kg.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has set the sag on their bikes yet and their weight....

Edited by Bung

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also there is no decent rubber available for a 21" front hoop that is also only 3 inches wide. That is the whole idea of motard, using sport bike rim sizes and the great selection of rubber that goes with it.

These are the closet you'll find to road tyres for this bike, classed as 80/20 on/off road so still OK for light off-roading.

http://www.tyrethailand.com/Product/Product.aspx?prod=030046

http://www.dunloptyres.com.au/dotCMS/TyreDetailAction?website=DUN&websegmentcode=MOTORCYCLE&mtpcode=80136&from=nPerPage

Circa 140k... wow, for a bike with initial discussions on pricing hinging around 100k - 120k, things have heated up quite a bit! Maybe it's supply/demand dealer mark-ups. Or maybe Honda learned their underpricing lesson on the CBR-250 after its launch, and decided not to leave money on the table this time! It's not like the CRF is rare even now - have seen several at small, scooter-oriented shops in Ladkrabang (Lads' Car Bang is more like it) and Srinakarin (See Knackereds Run... ok, I'm done!)

Here's hoping the excitement cools a bit and this bike's pricing with it.

It's important to set the suspension "sag" on any bike particularly off road bikes. It basically entails adjusting the amount the suspension drops when you sit on it. You adjust it using the collar nuts on the spring. If you can't get enough pre load you need to go to a stiffer spring, best done by buying a new shock with a heavier spring. if you google it there are some good explanations on how to do it on you tube etc.

With the CRF as it is and guys upwrds of 90kg you would probably need a stiffer spring. My KTM came with a spring set for guys at a max of 75kg. The shock was good quality so I bought a spring rated for my weight with riding gear on. The CRF has a cheap spring (as the whole bike is "cheap") so probably worth putting a better quality complete shock on it if you plan to take it off road. You can always fit the original back on if you sell the bike and sell the aftermarket shock seperately. I plan to use mine off road so will upgrade the spring. I am 95kg.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has set the sag on their bikes yet and their weight....

Proper springs are a start. But, it's not just the springs that need adjustment once a rider (or even riding style) is well out of the range of the shock design. the damping valving has a range as well, based on anticipated rider weight range & riding style. that's why if one is beyond perhaps 20% over or under the stock spring rider weight range, or youre going to 'track' a streetbike, a re-valve or shock replacement is best... not that one could get a revalve done in LoS - maybe at the YSS factory via a custom order, anybody know what they'll do? They've been non-responsive to my emails.

Do anyone think Kawasaki will sell even 1 offroadbike in thailand in the future after the relase of crf250l giggle.gif

Of coarse they will but they will be 150cc.....lol

Yes many thai friends like the size of the 150cc and a resonable pricebiggrin.png

what is the 'lol' all about. huh.png .... so how much is the Kwak ?

The LOL is about the old Kwak.

The price for that old construction should be around 90-100k but it is way higherw00t.gif

Edited by deemon

Do anyone think Kawasaki will sell even 1 offroadbike in thailand in the future after the relase of crf250l giggle.gif

Yes many thai friends like the size of the 150cc and a resonable pricebiggrin.png

Exactly every thai that has seen my crf and a few farang have said the bikes to high the 150 kawa is perfect for alot of Thais pricewise and size wise no doubt should be a good seller

A smaller bike does have some advantages there is a couple of trails I use and half the road is washed away and its on a hill I won't risk takin my crf any further on the trail as it's to big and with the weight of it i reckon I'd get stuck however I think if I had the klx 140 or 150 I may well risk it

Edited by taninthai

Exactly every thai that has seen my crf and a few farang have said the bikes to high the 150 kawa is perfect for alot of Thais pricewise and size wise no doubt should be a good seller

A smaller bike does have some advantages there is a couple of trails I use and half the road is washed away and its on a hill I won't risk takin my crf any further on the trail as it's to big and with the weight of it i reckon I'd get stuck however I think if I had the klx 140 or 150 I may well risk it

The weight of the 250 crf and klx is definitely an issue on some of the tougher trickier trails.

. i think 100 k is about what these bikes are worth, not sure if i could justify the 140 k price tag it.. if the GPX (on another thread) was more availble it would be a great option ??

And what do you base your 100k valuation on I bet you haven't even ridden one ,these are priced at 200,000 bht in Europe a klx 125 was priced at 79,000 bht which I would take any day of the week over some cheap piece off Chinese rubbish (gpx) which you cant even drive on the road legally the gpx is available put your money where your mouth is and buy one.Honda give you a 3 & 5 year guarantee on this bike please remind me what you get with a gpx.

Sorry but you are either talking rubbish or are just a cheap ass charlie better still maybe a lifan is better for you if your looking for cheap.

Edited by taninthai

And what do you base your 100k valuation on I bet you haven't even ridden one ...

No, I haven't but i'm sure it would blow my mind whistling.gif .....

Maybe it would maybe not I'm sure if I had a ride on a gpx 250 it would blow my mind but you have to look at more than that quality of parts, reliability ,repair and warranty policy etc generally with a Chinese bike you are not getting any of that within a year your bike could be a complete wreck

Gauranteed Honda/ Kawasaki as long as you look after them is still gonna be agood bike 3,4,5,6,7 ,8 Years down the line

And what do you base your 100k valuation on I bet you haven't even ridden one ...

It's only got a few more HP than my 125 click, it aint gunna be blowing anything anytime soon.

It's only got a few more HP than my 125 click, it aint gunna be blowing anything anytime soon.

Your click has about 9hp the crf has about 18hp so ummm double not just a few.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Your click has about 9hp the crf has about 18hp so ummm double not just a few.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Pretty sure the 110cc Click had 9hp, I read the 125cc click spec'd as having 11.3 PS (11.15HP) on an Indonesian review.

Wonder why they would increase it to 125cc and knobble it to the same HP as the 110cc click here in Thailand ?

Sent from my PC - i5 2500k/8gb ram/H20 cooling/GTX565 GPU at home from my TOT landline @ 6mb using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse whilst reclining on my Aeron Miller Chair.

Do those twist and go's really have around 12 hp?

Back in the day I had a Kawasaki kmx125 that had 12 hp as that is what they were regulated to in the uk at the time. Performance wise it would leave these twist and go's for dead. Power wheelies without trying really trying etc.

Do those twist and go's really have around 12 hp?

Back in the day I had a Kawasaki kmx125 that had 12 hp as that is what they were regulated to in the uk at the time. Performance wise it would leave these twist and go's for dead. Power wheelies without trying really trying etc.

Actually 11.15 HP.

Calculating bang for HP buck it kinda makes the CRF pretty sad considering the extra HP is also gainded with a huge amount of extra KG's as well.

Market to convert Clicks with dual purpose tyres ??

We have no definitive proof on the HP of the CRF yet.

One would assume that it is closer to the CBR 250, maybe 2 or 3 less. I seriously doubt it is 18 considering that those who have ridden it seem to love it straight off.

Lets wait to see a dyno run where they aren't using knobby tires and we get to see the sheet.