Should Fat Farang Be Charged More For Taking Up Too Much Space On Songthaews?

theblether

wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

Altho I do believe that airlines should not seat really, seriously obese people in a normal seat next to 'normal' passengers

Would it be better to seat the "obese" people next to each other? rolleyes.gif

But what if they stink as well? It's well known that obese-types have careless hygiene practicesrolleyes.gif

Now we have a whole new kettle o' fish. Fatties that stink.

laugh.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the good things about bahtbuses is that real fatties cant get into them anyway.

I've never understood why airlines impose a weight limit on luggage that doesn't take into account the weight of the passenger also.

I roll me eyes at the airline check-in clerk who wants people to remove stuff from the their checked bag because it's too heavy and stick the excess in their hand-carry THAT IS ALL GOING ON THE SAME <deleted>' PLANE ANYWAYS!

I think the bag limit has more to do with the unions(australia) only allowing men to carry 22kgs by themselves and woman 18kgs,so if the bags weighed more than 22kgs they would need two baggage handlers to load the bags,more wages

I regularly use seaplanes and helicopters for work. There the passenger and the baggage are weighed, there have been a few occassions where my luggage has been offloaded due to overweight and arrived the next day on a boat....

For airlines I think it should work like this: everyone has an allocated TOTAL weight limit, say 100kg, for passenger and luggage. Everyone get's weighed in with their luggage. Non-fatties get 20-40kg luggage allowance to bring them up to their 100kg allocation (most Thai girls get 50-60kgs allowance). Medium fatties get a reduced allocation, and real fatties get no allocation, and probably have to pay extra for just their seat. Every kg over the 100kg aggregate limit is chargeable, those under 100kg total get a small refund.

This is the only FAIR way to price airlines, the major cost (fuel) is directly proportional to weight, so those using more fuel pay more - simple.

By doing it on an aggregate weight basis, rather than a 'fat tax', should stop all the bleeding heart liberal PC brigade complaining too much.

Further to my Yes +1

wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

Altho I do believe that airlines should not seat really, seriously obese people in a normal seat next to 'normal' passengers

Would it be better to seat the "obese" people next to each other? rolleyes.gif

But what if they stink as well? It's well known that obese-types have careless hygiene practicesrolleyes.gif

Now we have a whole new kettle o' fish. Fatties that stink.

So, now I'm an old, fat, bald, SMELLY, tattooed, unhygienic, sexpat. I think I'll just remove my offensive self from the sight of the poor skinnies by leaping from a balcony. I hope I don't destroy the pavement when I land and inconvienience a lettuce eater!

I can only wish Buddha is right, and I can come back, hopefully as a midget, non atheletic, vegan, batam rooster with a big mouth and an arrogant attitude! dam_n those awful genes that caused me to be a 100kg+ athlete when still in my teens.

When I come back I'll campaign for Thailand to be renamed Lilliput and will make a hero out of those airline accountants who cram way too many undersized seats into aircraft to maximise profits.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

One of the good things about bahtbuses is that real fatties cant get into them anyway.

I've never understood why airlines impose a weight limit on luggage that doesn't take into account the weight of the passenger also.

I roll me eyes at the airline check-in clerk who wants people to remove stuff from the their checked bag because it's too heavy and stick the excess in their hand-carry THAT IS ALL GOING ON THE SAME <deleted>' PLANE ANYWAYS!

I think the bag limit has more to do with the unions(australia) only allowing men to carry 22kgs by themselves and woman 18kgs,so if the bags weighed more than 22kgs they would need two baggage handlers to load the bags,more wages

The max weight on most airlines I have been on is 32kg for one bag, after that it goes in the oversize check in.

Although, your figures wouldn't surprise me if it was in the UK, what with all the 'elf and safety nonsense...

Well obviously fat farangs are the bane of existance for you. So if they have the temerity to try and board a songcheaw rather than pay the exhorbinate taxi fees, shouldn't they just be shot by the driver, then rolled to the side of the road and left for feeding the local wildlife? It would be healthy excersize for the drivers, recycling, removing their obese genetic mistake from the gene pool, and an esthetic improvement for Thailands tourist scene. Put in perspective, it's a social win win.

(Where is the ironic absurdity smiley when you really need it?)

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Well obviously fat farangs are the bane of existance for you. So if they have the temerity to try and board a songcheaw rather than pay the exhorbinate taxi fees, shouldn't they just be shot by the driver, then rolled to the side of the road and left for feeding the local wildlife? It would be healthy excersize for the drivers, recycling, removing their obese genetic mistake from the gene pool, and an esthetic improvement for Thailands tourist scene. Put in perspective, it's a social win win.

Wow great minds think alike. Maybe the proceeds from their wallets should be shared among the passengers too. As kind of compensation for the shock of being confronted with them cowboy.gif

Problem is what is fat - overweight - Big ?

is it what the scales say ?

​Myself on charts I am Obese, or am I ?

191 tall [6'3] 111 kg [Hospital scale last month]

Same weight now as 45 years ago

Size 47 feet

117 chest, but skin tight over rib cage..

​So am I classed as Obese - fat - overweight - Big ?

Out of interest my Grand father was the same, my Mother her 2 Sisters and 3 Brothers we were all the same build

Piccies or you're a liar ;)

What if one is a chronic farter....within tighted confined and regulated public space?

Some use this as a strategic move to obtain additional space. whistling.gif

Most appropriate weapon out of the arsenal is silent yet deadly........

I find chewing a "fisherman's friend" and breathing through my mouth works well.

Wow great minds think alike. Maybe the proceeds from their wallets should be shared among the passengers too. As kind of compensation for the shock of being confronted with them cowboy.gif

Possible, but there might be fights on the share ratio.

Of course their credit cards can be milked at the hotel into the Thailand economy, at least until someone from off shore notices, this will keep many Thais employed. Fatten up the soidogs on the corpulent tourist castoffs enough, and they will become a greatly improved market to the chinese restaurants too.

Edited by animatic

Depends. If one was 90kg of muscle mass and another was 90kg of pure blubber. Would you still charge the muscle guy even though he doesn't look like a walking pancake.

You can't really charge someone overweight to compensate for their lack of physicality can you?

Fat folk should have their jaws wired shut, then eventually they would no longer be fat and make us all sick by looking at them etc

Plus they make awful jogging/swimming partners.

And they think anyone who isn't grossly overweight(by healthy standards) is a 'lettuce eating vegan'

Melt them down and turn them into carrier bags!

ef

• Like 1

But would the soi-dogs prefer their new diet, in the form of burgers or served as topping on a pizza, I wonder ?rolleyes.gif

Oh Goody, a new food-thread ! laugh.png

Let me know how you get on putting a 150 kilo farang on a pizza.

wink.png

I'd either use a heavy-duty crane, or lay a 'Big-Burger-with-All-the-Trimmings' on top of the pizza base as bait, and wait for the fat farang to jump onboard him/herself ! SPLAT ! biggrin.png

Just don't shout 'Free Food For All', then stand in-the-way, is my advice ! cool.png

Edited by Ricardo

All fat people should be punished for their selfishness.

Everybody suffers because of their weakness for gluttony......If I get one beside me on an airline woe betide him if so much as a cm of blubber spills over into my space....

What are you going to do? Attack them with a lifo-suction machine?

Depends. If one was 90kg of muscle mass and another was 90kg of pure blubber. Would you still charge the muscle guy even though he doesn't look like a walking pancake.

You can't really charge someone overweight to compensate for their lack of physicality can you?

Lighten up on your analysis. We're really talking about the bowling-pin shape versus the inverted-pyramid shape. One gets penalized. The other idolized. rolleyes.gif

Everybody suffers because of their weakness for gluttony......If I get one beside me on an airline woe betide him if so much as a cm of blubber spills over into my space....

I can just imagine it

Fat bloke: "Are you hitting me?"

Irate neighbour: "What are you going to do about it?"

Fat bloke "Nothing. I was just wondering..."

Fat bloke "Can you give me a hand lifting this buttock? I'd ike to pass wind. Better fasten your seat belt"

SC

Have them removed from the flight. Or move me to an identical aisle seat or upgrade me.

Its unacceptable to be waddling up an aisle and have a sweating pile of blubber park his arse next to mine.

Have them removed from the flight. Or move me to an identical aisle seat or upgrade me.

Its unacceptable to be waddling up an aisle and have a sweating pile of blubber park his arse next to mine.

I agree. You should eff off and take the bus if you don't want to sit next to me. I enjoy sitting next to skinny erses like you. If you're not happy, get me upgraded.

SC

Why are the song taews in the tourist areas so much smaller.

In Isaan they have more head room.

in Bangkok they are larger.

6 Thais can easilly sit side by side in the tourist areas

while 6 Falungs cannot.

What about the Thai stuffer in Pattaya

on the corner of Pattaya 2 and Pattaya Tai

who tries to pack 6 Russians side by side.

There are many arguments there.

I agree. You should eff off and take the bus if you don't want to sit next to me. I enjoy sitting next to skinny erses like you. If you're not happy, get me upgraded.

SC

Its not funny at all....I'm serious.

You people should be weighed and if over 100kgs offloaded and told to exercise to under that figure.

Seen as this thread is slagging off and i guess offending to fat people.

How about another thread about kicking all over 45 year old men out of thailand. They dont do us younger chaps any favours. They up the prices. give us normal farang a bad name, look washed up. what else? list goes on.............

Nah, that one has been done to death. Fat people are easy targets. Next will be cripples and puppies.