Problems Accessing Tv Site

bangkokburning

Tor is an anonymizing software. What you do with their browser is you connect to the Tor server, and then the Tor server will connect to the site you want to view.

It looks like the apartment building's firewall is blocking the access to TVF. Please ask them whether they block any websites or IP addresses. It's not True - I am on True and have no problems.

If you want us to help you with this, first of all please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ with your IE or Firefox (not the tor browser) and tell us your IP address.

I think its the FF browser. I have some add-on that disallows tv. It just stalls...

I use the FF browser to initially log on to the apt wifi, then launch and use Aurora. I cannot just launch Tor because it needs a connection to authenticate. So it just craps out.

I am going to uninstall FF9 and install Aurora just for chuckles. I have some script issues anyway (which may be related to tv, you guys run all sorts of scripts). Anyway...I'll get back to you, just thought there would be an OH YEAH...THAT solution.

When you come back and the problem is not solved, please send a list of plug-ins and your FF version.

Also, you mentioned that IE8 doesn't work for you. Do you get an error message, or does it also stall?

If stalling, please send some info about your hardware, such as CPU and RAM. Also, what Windows version do you use?

Hi Tom (all) - tried all sorts of browers incl FF w/o addons-extensions; they all stall out so I think you are correct, ISP (the company my apt uses for its connection) has TV blocked. I will ask in the office or try and locate an email online.

I thought it was related to an upgrade and did not bother anyone on tv for awhile - when I returned the board/forum looked new (its really the best looking and functioning to date). It worked OK for a day or two and then back to problems.

Anyway - maybe I will try to change the DNS but I would rather pop a proxy into FF.

Thanks

PS: It's definately ONLY this site and nothing to do with hardware sure.

Edited by bangkokburning

OK so this is weird...I have deleted all the other browsers and reinstalled FF9. I initially made the connection with FF9 and then launched Aurora/Tor which I accessed the site. I had closed that app - but not the connection (FF9). Now, with FF9 I am making this post - no problems (??!!??) AND with all my security addons installed as well.

Stumped!

• Like 1

OK so this is weird...I have deleted all the other browsers and reinstalled FF9. I initially made the connection with FF9 and then launched Aurora/Tor which I accessed the site. I had closed that app - but not the connection (FF9). Now, with FF9 I am making this post - no problems (??!!??) AND with all my security addons installed as well.

Stumped!

Good to hear that it works now!

Welcome to the mysterious world of Windows.

OK More mystery - not working today! I also tried killing off all my security/script addons. No luck.

Seaching Google - this is a common problem. So what's the fix??

Why does tv has to have so many scripts running anyway?

Thx

My laptop won't access TVF here in the hotel, tried three different browsers. My iPhone, on the same wifi, has no problem, as you can see.

Go figure…

And today my FF9 browser works fine. Running No Script, Ghostery, HTTPS everywhere...and the speed is great.

Madness.

Glad to hear it works now.

My problem is also solved: The LAN settings were set to a proxy from my last trip. There, the hotel required that we go through their proxy server to connect tot he internet.