Getting A Motorcycle Registered And A License

ajrober

Hi, im a 15 year old currently living in Bangkok, I am looking to purchase a motorcycle sometime soon and was wondering what is required, the one im looking at is 110cc. am I allowed to drive this size bike? do i need a license? does it need a license plate? how do i get this? any information regarding this would be helpful. thank you!

any motorised vehicle to be used on public roads needs to be registered and have licenceplate, so I suggest you only look for the ones having plates

I have read somewhere below 110cc a 15 yo can ride without a drivers licence, but no promises made.

16yo you can test and get a licence at your local DLT (Department of Landtransportation)

so if im getting this right, there is a possibility that i might not need a licence until 16? i will look into this. also do you know how hard it is to get a licence in thailand, im presuming it would be quite easy.

Hey there "ajrober" not trying to come on as in heavy father stuff but if you were my son living in Bangkok, I would want you to wait until your 16 get a licence before going on any roads.

If you know where you ride somewhere off-road until you can do this that would be great and you can still have some fun riding a bike.

OK young feller, don't forget ride to live, that's what I say to all my sons and myself. Goodluck.

well to be honset i only would use it to go to school, which is inside of a community, and to central plaza, which is like 1km from my house on back roads. I would not feel comfortable driving on main roads.

Out here in Sukhothai in our village kids ride motorbikes from a young age but it's not busy like Bangkok and the police are pretty relaxed about it.

In Bangkok I would think the police are much more strict so you would be taking a greater chance and maybe risking your future license, I would use you bicycle until your 16 if I were you. Take care K.