Mazda Bt-50 Launched

Buying a truck in Thailand is d@mn frustrating! Initially ordered the Ford in Dec. and then ordered the Mazda in March because of the Wildtrak debacle and delivery is sometime near the end of Apr or May (if I can believe the guy). Then wait another month for white plates...what is that...7 months or so. And no use in trying to escalate the issue...no one cares.

May I ask which one you ordered?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ,

Went to some dealers last week and had a good look at all the models available . The BT50 stands out as being the one to beat as its exterior is quite a apart look and its interior is just stunning .

The dealer did not have a english list so i only got the Thai pricelist . Does anyone knows the differences between a V and a V ABS ?

I do know the 2 line screen and the dot matrix one and the ABS but there are some other differences also . Also , do all models have a leather steering wheel or is it pure for the top of range model . thx .

Hi ,

Went to some dealers last week and had a good look at all the models available . The BT50 stands out as being the one to beat as its exterior is quite a apart look and its interior is just stunning .

The dealer did not have a english list so i only got the Thai pricelist . Does anyone knows the differences between a V and a V ABS ?

I do know the 2 line screen and the dot matrix one and the ABS but there are some other differences also . Also , do all models have a leather steering wheel or is it pure for the top of range model . thx .

Sorry I did not know there were other differences besides ABS

But I was curious .....when you went to the dealer was any model available/on hand for immediate sale?

Thanks

Hi ,

Sorry I did not know there were other differences besides ABS

But I was curious .....when you went to the dealer was any model available/on hand for immediate sale?

Thanks

Yes there are other differences . On the spec sheet i have i see at least 10 differences between V and V ABS . Most differences are not huge and/or are coupled but some might prove enough to justify the extra price 5 if ABS isn't sufficient for you ) . 1 i can see is bluetooth and dot matrix displey where the V model only has the 2 line display without bluetooth .

The dealer had 2 models on display and ready for sell and said that everything was available . There where a few more outside ready for delivery and i saw at least 1 on the road allready . Note all were 2.2 engines and not the 3.2 models .

The ones inside the shop were a DBL cab 2.2 Hi-Racer of 746000 and the other one was a DBL Cab Hi Racer AT with ABS and leather at 874000 . The dealer was in Udon Thani .

The Australian spec sheet is nice but it isn't the same as the Thai version so i probably have to ask the shop . I'm pretty sure i order 1 next month . a 2.2 V with or without abs , low model , is the 1 i'm aiming at . Still not 100% on the 2 vs 4 door model .

Yes there are other differences . On the spec sheet i have i see at least 10 differences between V and V ABS . Most differences are not huge and/or are coupled but some might prove enough to justify the extra price 5 if ABS isn't sufficient for you ) . 1 i can see is bluetooth and dot matrix displey where the V model only has the 2 line display without bluetooth .

The dealer had 2 models on display and ready for sell and said that everything was available . There where a few more outside ready for delivery and i saw at least 1 on the road allready . Note all were 2.2 engines and not the 3.2 models .

The ones inside the shop were a DBL cab 2.2 Hi-Racer of 746000 and the other one was a DBL Cab Hi Racer AT with ABS and leather at 874000 . The dealer was in Udon Thani .

The Australian spec sheet is nice but it isn't the same as the Thai version so i probably have to ask the shop . I'm pretty sure i order 1 next month . a 2.2 V with or without abs , low model , is the 1 i'm aiming at . Still not 100% on the 2 vs 4 door model .

Thanks for the info sezze very informative

Happy to hear some models are actually available & that 2.2 DBL Hi-Racer is the one I want

Sorry about that Australian brochure & I had a hunch it may be different

Thanks

Seen a lot of the new BT50's on the roads in all colour's ...... What a difference the colour makes, the Black ones look bad, the the white and red look very good, blue and the gold looks OK. not sure about the grey or the beige look So so. but better than the Black ones..

Maybe it is me, but the Vigo looks good in Black

I saw these colours at the show - the white will work but it looks a bit plain - would need a set of 20" black/chrome wheels to set it off. I liked the gunmetal blue the most I think, and in top spec 2.2 with leather it looked good inside (874K). I didn't ask, but is the first year insurance free? Too many bloody people there to be bothered asking questions.

Seen a lot of the new BT50's on the roads in all colour's ...... What a difference the colour makes, the Black ones look bad, the the white and red look very good, blue and the gold looks OK. not sure about the grey or the beige look So so. but better than the Black ones..

I saw these colours at the show - the white will work but it looks a bit plain - would need a set of 20" black/chrome wheels to set it off. I liked the gunmetal blue the most I think, and in top spec 2.2 with leather it looked good inside (874K). I didn't ask, but is the first year insurance free? Too many bloody people there to be bothered asking questions.

Yes, one year first class insurance on all models.

Full spec sheet , same i got from the dealer is available here

http://www.motortrivia.com/section-movie/grand-opening/0056-mazda-bt-50/2012-all-new-mazda-BT-50.html

Maybe that somebody with more Thai reading capabilities then me ( not difficult as i cannot read Thai at all ) can help me and others out .

Download and install Google's Chrome web-browser...this browser has the built-in ability to automatically translate webpage in non-English languages into English. The Thai translation is pretty good considering Thai is a non-Western/Latin based language and uses non-Roman script; this is a must for any farang web-using Thai resident.

yes. first year insurance is included. i did ask at the show

Thanks. Do you know the waiting time for the 3.2 vs 2.2? I think I'll go to the dealer on Monday (if they are open and find out more). Too many ppl at the show so wasn't too bothered to chase more information. It also seems there is up to 2km/l difference between the two models, based on overseas standardised data. That's quite a bit!

Thanks. Do you know the waiting time for the 3.2 vs 2.2? I think I'll go to the dealer on Monday (if they are open and find out more). Too many ppl at the show so wasn't too bothered to chase more information. It also seems there is up to 2km/l difference between the two models, based on overseas standardised data. That's quite a bit!

local dealer ( trang) has a couple of 2.2s on forecourt........3.2 is still up in the air.... it has gone from March to June and last week was told sorry July ..maybe...

local dealer ( trang) has a couple of 2.2s on forecourt........3.2 is still up in the air.... it has gone from March to June and last week was told sorry July ..maybe...

might have to enjoy the fuel economy of the 2.2 then! Maybe we won't even see the 3.2 here, maybe not until next year.

might have to enjoy the fuel economy of the 2.2 then! Maybe we won't even see the 3.2 here, maybe not until next year.

true but no 4x4...

Full spec sheet , same i got from the dealer is available here

http://www.motortrivia.com/section-movie/grand-opening/0056-mazda-bt-50/2012-all-new-mazda-BT-50.html

Maybe that somebody with more Thai reading capabilities then me ( not difficult as i cannot read Thai at all ) can help me and others out .

Download and install Google's Chrome web-browser...this browser has the built-in ability to automatically translate webpage in non-English languages into English. The Thai translation is pretty good considering Thai is a non-Western/Latin based language and uses non-Roman script; this is a must for any farang web-using Thai resident.

I do know that but it cannot handle jpg translation or other documents then a pure webpage .

Mazda Pattaya called... they have a top spec 3.2 4x4 in white.... I ordered a black one in january...last week the told me have to wait 2 month more... then the call today... who wants them ... lets go...

Would the 3.2 really be worth the extra 100K over the top of the 2.2 top spec (which is 2wd). Would really want to drive them back to back...

Mazda Pattaya called... they have a top spec 3.2 4x4 in white.... I ordered a black one in january...last week the told me have to wait 2 month more... then the call today... who wants them ... lets go...

me wants! ... but just called them...they said they don't have. must have gone already?

Depends on many factors i think .

On youtube i found several and black doesn't seem to look bad .

White is a very nice color , but black might still be my 1st choice ... still doubting .

For rims , i think the PP Granato II 20inch ( 265/50/20) would be my choice .

For black i would certainly smoke out the orange blinkers .

Edited by sezze

Are you sure you heard right about 3.2 4X4? Seems Mazda/Ford said no idea when any will be released!!!!

Are you sure you heard right about 3.2 4X4? Seems Mazda/Ford said no idea when any will be released!!!!

Another call from Mazda.... They told us to be ready.... We will get our 4x4 this month.

Another call from Mazda.... They told us to be ready.... We will get our 4x4 this month.

gotta say that I think a lot of these calls are to keep us on the hook....scared stiff you will cancel methinks.

I got a call back in Feb the week after we ordered, telling me they had a 3.2 4x4 in the wrong colour but would I like it...is it the Thai school of salesmanship or some weird logic that says if they say it it must be true?

.....hard to fathom their thought process when they will obviously be caught out in blatant silly lies or BS

Lost count how many times vendors of all sorts have come out with absolute rubbish statements about product and service.

When I received my refunded deposit the Ford people told me there will be no open cab 4x4 3.2 ( I had ordered one) and I must change my order to 4 door......really it is like talking to children.."it wasn't me, the cat ate the ice-cream from the freezer"...amazing ....

Still, maybe they just think we are stupid...maybe we are...I know why I drink....

rant over....blink.png

Wonder how many sales have been lost by both Ford and Mazda ?

Thai Friend a Mazda man cancelled his BT50 order last week and took delivery of the Z71 the next day, 4 door Auto...

Think I would have waited the BT50 looks a lot better than the Colorado + he has a 8 month old BT50 Hi-Racer+ same as mine, a 1 year old Mazda 3, and a 4 month old Mazda 2 which he + his wife hate, and wanted to change this for another but new model BT50, but got the Z71 because of the constant delays and promises

Edited by ignis