Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2012

BigBikeBKK

I really liked the look of the new Triumph Tiger 800XC

But at 800,000THB, is it really worth it over the Versys, anyone have on yet?

There was a guy out on a ride with Me, Derik & Tony two weeks back, who had one, maybe he'll add something here.

I recall him saying it's a giant armchair biggrin.png

No Karlos, Ant rides the Tiger 1050.

421791_10151215564635710_508210709_22897496_936593043_n.jpg

The Tiger 800 and 800XC are newer smaller models that have received pretty good reviews. But in Thailand is a Tiger XC worth 2 and a half Versys? I'd say not...

This is the XC version which is more off road oriented with spoked wheels, sump guard and handguards:

triumphtiger800xs1.jpg

Great looking bike, but pretty pricey for something you're going to drop in the dirt wink.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a nice day at the fair last Saturday. sorry no photos as there are a lot here already.

Bought a helmet and nice jacket for gf plus a surprise, i found and bought a DNA air filter for cbr 250 for a price of 2400 thb which is lower then its original price in Europe! - which is 80 Euros with posting 110 Euros!- It was a steal man.

update on Enfield: They will start production in Thailand within two months and in May, they will start to sell 350 for 130,000 thb and 500 for 190,000 thb.

interesting points: Kawa z1000, Enfield, new er6 n is not bad at all. kawas are nice but why they do not consider on producing zx 6r in Thailand, i really do not know as they might sell it for around 350.000 - 400,000 thb, i am sure.

Honda big bikes are nonsense, big disappointment if you ask me. Where is cbr 600? 310,000 thb for a 250 cc cross bike? c'mon. But loved VFR 1200 again as always. good bike man and this time with dual clutch transmission.

mv agusta! love at first sight. 1,500,000 something thb!!! i want to cry as it will be always a platonic love between us:((

400,000 thb ducati monster with 1 year waiting list sad.png(( who will die who will be alive one year later? hate all kind of waiting lists.

Able to find a full system Yoshimura for 20,000 thb for cbr 250 but i am still debating with myself as i want to go for 400 or 600 cc bikes honda will soon produce here - is it real for sure? i am hearing the rumours of Honda for producing big bikes here for 3 years now!!! - or er6n soon so do i need to spend more on cbr 250?

And, Pretties and beer stand of course:)

thanks for the organization for preparing us the only bike fair in Bangkok and thanks for the photos guys.

Wonder why an extra 60k for the 500 Enfield - basically just a larger pot and piston

Completely different bikes. The 500 is a significantly bigger and heavier bike. Has kick start in addition to the electric start. It's fuel injected while the 350 is carb'd. Etc smile.png

Thank you for putting me right

In India the 500 has a reputation for vibration and the 350 is more popular. The smaller piston in the 350 helps to keep the vibration down. But the 500 makes a better sound! Neither have much power, the throttle is more of a volume control.

Wonder why an extra 60k for the 500 Enfield - basically just a larger pot and piston

Completely different bikes. The 500 is a significantly bigger and heavier bike. Has kick start in addition to the electric start. It's fuel injected while the 350 is carb'd. Etc smile.png

Thank you for putting me right

In India the 500 has a reputation for vibration and the 350 is more popular. The smaller piston in the 350 helps to keep the vibration down. But the 500 makes a better sound! Neither have much power, the throttle is more of a volume control.

60k Baht are much money biggrin.png

You get:

- 150cc more (499cc to 346cc)

- Fuel injection (instead carb)

- Digital Electronic Ignition (instead Transistorised Coil Ignition)

- more vibration and better sound smile.png

Everything else seem to be pretty similar. Chassis, brakes, dimensions, ...

Or am i missing something significant?

I really liked the look of the new Triumph Tiger 800XC

But at 800,000THB, is it really worth it over the Versys, anyone have on yet?

There was a guy out on a ride with Me, Derik & Tony two weeks back, who had one, maybe he'll add something here.

I recall him saying it's a giant armchair biggrin.png

No Karlos, Ant rides the Tiger 1050.

421791_10151215564635710_508210709_22897496_936593043_n.jpg

The Tiger 800 and 800XC are newer smaller models that have received pretty good reviews. But in Thailand is a Tiger XC worth 2 and a half Versys? I'd say not...

This is the XC version which is more off road oriented with spoked wheels, sump guard and handguards:

triumphtiger800xs1.jpg

Great looking bike, but pretty pricey for something you're going to drop in the dirt wink.png

Yep, i should have read the CC quoted in the text '800' my bad :D

I remembered Ant's CC clear as day as it's an unusual capacity number to be written on a vehicle, so much so it reminded me of my dads Beneli TNT he used to have which was (1130cc) god that was an awesome bike, but crap aftersales backup. Took 7 months for the delaer to get some discs and pads to cure the squeeking brakes.......... :S

it was a nice day at the fair last Saturday. sorry no photos as there are a lot here already.

Bought a helmet and nice jacket for gf plus a surprise, i found and bought a DNA air filter for cbr 250 for a price of 2400 thb which is lower then its original price in Europe! - which is 80 Euros with posting 110 Euros!- It was a steal man.

update on Enfield: They will start production in Thailand within two months and in May, they will start to sell 350 for 130,000 thb and 500 for 190,000 thb.

interesting points: Kawa z1000, Enfield, new er6 n is not bad at all. kawas are nice but why they do not consider on producing zx 6r in Thailand, i really do not know as they might sell it for around 350.000 - 400,000 thb, i am sure.

Honda big bikes are nonsense, big disappointment if you ask me. Where is cbr 600? 310,000 thb for a 250 cc cross bike? c'mon. But loved VFR 1200 again as always. good bike man and this time with dual clutch transmission.

mv agusta! love at first sight. 1,500,000 something thb!!! i want to cry as it will be always a platonic love between us:((

400,000 thb ducati monster with 1 year waiting list sad.png(( who will die who will be alive one year later? hate all kind of waiting lists.

Able to find a full system Yoshimura for 20,000 thb for cbr 250 but i am still debating with myself as i want to go for 400 or 600 cc bikes honda will soon produce here - is it real for sure? i am hearing the rumours of Honda for producing big bikes here for 3 years now!!! - or er6n soon so do i need to spend more on cbr 250?

And, Pretties and beer stand of course:)

thanks for the organization for preparing us the only bike fair in Bangkok and thanks for the photos guys.

Does anyone know if this guy is right about the 1 year waiting list for the Ducati Monster 795? I could live with 5-6 months that means I'd have it by the summer. Only the wife will be happy with a 12 month waiting listpassifier.gif

I was in Ducati Thonglor today to have a test ride on the 795 Monster. THB 400,000, or the 'special' kit for THB 460,000. The guy said that the Thai Distributor has been allocated 30 x 797 Monster bikes per month and that if I ordered one today I would be able to collect it in June. (4 months). He did mention that due to demand in Thailand the quota may be increased which would bring waiting times down a little, but this has not happened yet.

I was in Ducati Thonglor today to have a test ride on the 795 Monster. THB 400,000, or the 'special' kit for THB 460,000. The guy said that the Thai Distributor has been allocated 30 x 797 Monster bikes per month and that if I ordered one today I would be able to collect it in June. (4 months). He did mention that due to demand in Thailand the quota may be increased which would bring waiting times down a little, but this has not happened yet.

Good info, thanks. I am wondering where the ABS version is though.... surely they're going to bring it out at some point? I am guessing "special" doesn't mean ABS, does it?

Good info, thanks. I am wondering where the ABS version is though.... surely they're going to bring it out at some point? I am guessing "special" doesn't mean ABS, does it?

And where is the Chiang Mai dealer?

Here are some photos our booths, display bikes, and beautiful models. Sometimes I really love my job!

Hey thanks Great pics !

Years ago I ran a Suzuki Shop in the USA & your right it is a great job.....even if I did not have the models you do ;)

Hey your the foreigner in the pics? I always assumed you were a Thai owner

Here are some photos our booths, display bikes, and beautiful models. Sometimes I really love my job!

Hey thanks Great pics !

Years ago I ran a Suzuki Shop in the USA & your right it is a great job.....even if I did not have the models you do wink.png

Hey your the foreigner in the pics? I always assumed you were a Thai owner

Thanks. I'm actually American. My wife is Thai, but we met in the States when she was doing her master's degree. Her family has been in the motorcycle business for years.

Nice, but if I was going to get a Kawa, I would get a Versys, the Ducati would sway me to possibly buy a street bike though. smile.png

I really hope they don't take too long in releasing whatever they are going to produce next here, which is supposedly a hypermotard? I would defintely get one of them!

Edited by madjbs