Thailand Post Inspects All Parcels To Deter Parcel Bombing

webfact

Thailand Post Inspects All Parcels to Deter Parcel Bombing

BANGKOK: -- The Thailand Post Company has tightened security to inspect all parcels and prevent possible bomb attacks.

Thailand Post Company Managing Director Anusra Chittmittrapap says the company has tightened security in response to the recent triple blasts that rocked Soi Sukhumwit 71 in Bangkok last week.

Anusra said the company has imposed a blanket inspection of all parcels sent from overseas as well as domestic parcels. Officials are also recording the senders' names and addresses.

She said in the event that suspicious parcels are found, the company will coordinate with security agencies to inspect them with a bomb inspector device.

Moreover, she reported that about 2 million parcels are sent and received domestically, and 60 percent of these are sent through the Express Mail Service or EMS. Meanwhile, approximately 76,000 parcels are sent from overseas to Thailand per month, and 49,000 of them are sent via EMS.

Anusra added that Thailand Post has signed a contract with IMPACT Exhibition Management Company to offer logistics services to facilitate those entrepreneurs who will rent display booths at the exhibition. The company will transport their products as well as provide a warehouse to store them during the exhibition.

Thailand Post pointed out that its service will help lessen the burden on entrepreneurs and reduce the amount of cargo at the exhibition site. Approximately two million baht is expected to be generated in the first three months after the service resumes.

Moreover, the company's turn over this year is anticipated to stand at 2 to 3 billion baht. As for the fast approaching ASEAN Economic Community or AEC in 2015, Thailand Post has educated its employees regarding the matter and has already set a development plan in place.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-22

footer_n.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible to inspect every single parcel...

Parcel and tax theft will increase...

Customs - the most corrupt agency in Thailand has just been given a license to steal.

No so, the Australian custom and postal services scan and screen every overseas parcel and letter coming in to the country,

do these [snip] really think we believe this garbage......where are the additional 100,000 inspection staff coming from Cambodia LOL

Thailand post just loves a drama it is the way they can justify all the International mail delays

Edited by george
Profanity removed
  • Like 2

Customs - the most corrupt agency in Thailand has just been given a license to steal.

No so, the Australian custom and postal services scan and screen every overseas parcel and letter coming in to the country,

If you knew what I send to Australia without any problem you would feel stupid to say that :-)

No country in the world can monitor all parcels, this is pure bullsxit. Are they going to employ 10000 officers to do this job ? Or buy billion baht of machines ? So funny that anyone can believe this story !

Don't you think that US security is the tightest in the world ? And don't you know that tons of drug still make it through border every year ?

I'm still laughing :-)

• Like 1

Looks a fine job to me. Peeking in people's mail. Hopefully they not open it physically but they have technology to do so. Not that potential terrorists will be scared off. They thank Thai post for tipping them off Now the mail goes through one of those many "airfreight" agents or courier services I suppose.

If you knew what I send to Australia without any problem you would feel stupid to say that :-)

No country in the world can monitor all parcels, this is pure bullsxit. Are they going to employ 10000 officers to do this job ? Or buy billion baht of machines ? So funny that anyone can believe this story !

Don't you think that US security is the tightest in the world ? And don't you know that tons of drug still make it through border every year ?

100% correct, whilst I do believe Australia Post scans everything and packages that "look sus" are inspected more closely, most all allowed through, their equipment is very hi-tech and can easily pick up on shapes, metallic objects, etc etc, I also think their data base for sending/receiving customers allows them to be selective as required but for sure some things are not inspected manually and lots of stuff gets through the system.. ( thank god :) )

I'm Amazed at this. Where do you live WyattEarp ? I use eBay a lot, I have had hundreds of parcels delivered from all over the world and none had ever gone missing.

Recentlly I have been restoring an old Merc and buying many parts on eBay, sometimes as many as 3 parcels per DAY for the last few months, still nothing has ever gone missing.

If you are losing 50% of your post then the problem may still be the post office but I'd suggest it's a local thing. Send yourself a couple of those cheap GPS trackers and see where they end up !!

I often buy stuff on Ebay but only about 50% of unregistered parcels ever make it here.

So far vendors or Paypal issue refunds but if that number is going to be any worse it will become more and more difficult to find anyone who will ship to Thailand. It is bad enough as it is.

You are talking automated handling. Isn't Thailand all hand processed?

Through the border and through the post are two different things. Have another Chang Draught and solve the rest of the world's problems.

• Like 1

but this is not australia sad.png

talk about stealing, yes - I had 3 children's learning DVD stolen through Thai post (this is second time).

just can not trust this country on various aspects.

• Like 2

I often buy stuff on Ebay but only about 50% of unregistered parcels ever make it here.

So far vendors or Paypal issue refunds but if that number is going to be any worse it will become more and more difficult to find anyone who will ship to Thailand. It is bad enough as it is.

Over the past 3 years I've bought about 250 items on ebay ( a lot of dvds, rest mix of magnets , inverters, electronic components) 90% unregistered and have only lost 5 , these were mostly very small packets , and not something anyone would steal ( small electronic components) I think they genuinely got lost somewhere, also I very rarely pay import duty even on 1kg silver bar !!

I have been buying and selling things on eBay for a couple of years ... total of 245 transactions to date. One incoming item sent from Canada disappeared. Everything else has arrived without a problem, along with many things sent by Amazon and other vendors in N. America, Europe, Australia and even a few things sent from China. Some things have been registered or priority mail, but less than half of them.

And the one item that went missing was worth less that $10 and most likely vanished in the bad winter weather then taking place in North America and Europe.

It seems accusations of incompetence and corruption are exaggerated in fora such as ThaiVisa and then further posts build on those totally unsubstantiated exaggerations.

The infamous Spiro Agnew once spoke of "nattering nabobs of negativism."

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

but this is not australia sad.png

talk about stealing, yes - I had 3 children's learning DVD stolen through Thai post (this is second time).

just can not trust this country on various aspects.

Postmen are normal people. They've children of their own too.

• Like 1

Get ready to have your personal mail from overseas opened.just like the security at airports

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Those personal mail may be instruction to carry out terror.

In the 50s-60s, ALL mail from China to thailand used to be screened to avoid Red Communist from sending in propaganda.

Better be safe than sorry.