Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

I'm confused. What did the blood in Mrs Rungnapa's car have to do with her fatal accident?

Mrs Rungnapa cousin, Miss Parichat Sriraksa said, “We always suspected that she was murdered. We saw blood stains in her car when the bank came to repossess it after no payments were made since she went missing.”

The bloodstains in her car are totally irrelavent...

As above, they are reported by a relative - who is distressed and bereaving. She saw them as the repo guys were taking the car away.

There was no investigation of these stains. If they were seriously thought to be blood from a woman who has been missing for months, they should have been investigated and at lest ABO type-matched to see if they matched the woman. This is not a complicated or expensive procedure like DNA testing, but it was never done. Instead, the loan company was permitted to take the car. If the family member seriously suspected it was blood, they should have blown the whistle. It is reported that this investigaton has proceeded because the family won't let go / pushed the issue. Why didn't they push this issue and get the car investigated before handing it over to the repo man?

Even though I am a Thaivisa Armchair Lawyer- I can blow enough reasonable doubt into this.

Someone else mentioned that the bloodstains could be from a nosebleed or any other unrelated incident. Very True.

If the stains are on the driver seat or even the passenger seat, they could be from a menstrual period arriving unexpectedly when the woman is stuck in traffic or miles from anywhere to buy sanitary napkins or any other way of managing this. I've seen more than one woman make a bloody mess of a car this way.

And then, maybe the bloodstains aren't blood at all. They could be spilled coffee or anything else that the relative perceived to be blood.

There is no evidence here beyond the "hearsay" of a non-expert relative. And considering that the car was repoed two years ago and has probably been cleaned up and sold on, we (nor anyone) will ever know. Therefore, it is a non issue in this case.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some previous post said farangs think they can get away with murder. I think the history has proved that the Thais can get away with the murder of farangs and call it suicide, suicide, the #1 cause of death of farangs, but farangs are constantly being brought in and suddenly giving police confessions to murders of |Thais, not so much the other way around though, a thai wife or gf never gives police confession, never sits in prison, she stands by her statement that her man committed suicide, like the guy they said drowned himself, but first he beat himself to death, good one,,,

UPDATE

Dokset blames jealousy: Phuket Police

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12474aILedQHpEYouBGgJFUWGSfPQkJ.jpg

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Chonasit Wattanavrangkul (right) carried a grave face throughout the press conference. Photo: Chaiyot Yongcharoenchai

phuket-4-12474aRHRhAPhgagVScEeZVsTAfZAlo.jpg

Rungnapa Suktong, as pictured on her Thai ID card. Photo: Chaiyot Yongcharoenchai

PHUKET: -- Stein Dokset, the long-term Phuket expat Norwegian charged with the murder of his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong, has told police that he accidentally killed his girlfriend in a jealousy-fueled rage, police said today.

Mr Dokset was arrested on Tuesday after police found the acid-burnt decaying remains of a human body in his basement bathroom. He later confessed that the remains were that of Mrs Rungnapa, his girlfriend of six years who dumped him for a Patong policeman.

At a press conference at Phuket Provincial Police headquarters in Phuket Town, Phuket Provincial Police Commander Chonasit Wattanavrangkul today told the press, “He confessed to Col Sirisak [Chalong Police Acting Superintendent Sirisak Wasasiri] that he hurt Mrs Rungnapa but he did not intentionally want to kill her.

“He did it out of jealousy after he found out that Mrs Rungnapa was seeing another man. He said he had argument with Mrs Rungnapa and slapped her. The next thing he realized was that Mrs Rungnapa was on the floor and wasn’t breathing,” said Maj Gen Chonasit.

Chalong Police Deputy Superintendent Lt Col Chaowalit Petchsripia told the Phuket Gazette that Mr Dokset and Mrs Rungnapa were together from 2003 to 2009.

“They had many problems in that final year because Mr Dokset found out that Mrs Rungnapa was involved in a new relationship since 2008,” Lt Col Chaowalit said.

“Mrs Rungnapa ran a bar in Patong. She was a partner of that bar,” he added. However, he did not reveal the name or location of the bar in question.

Parichat Sriraksa, a 30-year-old cousin of Mrs Rungnapa, told the Gazette that Mrs Rungnapa left Mr Dokset to marry a policeman stationed in Patong. The couple had one son together, Miss Parichat said. Police have yet to confirm this information as accurate.

“He hid Mrs Rungnapa’s body for two, almost three years in the bin. We are now having DNA tests conducted on the remains to confirm whether or not the body is really hers,” said Maj Gen Chonasit.

“We are using a DNA sample from Mrs Rungnapa’s mother to compare with the remains of her body. Even though Mr Doket confessed that the body was hers, we need scientific proof to confirm the information,” he said.

“I also asked the forensic team to check what kind of chemical was used to dissolve the bones and flesh,” he added.

During the raid on Mr Dokset’s house on Tuesday, police found several bottles of chlorine pool cleaner in the same bathroom where Mrs Rungnapa’s body was hidden.

Maj Gen Chonasit confirmed to the Gazette that Mrs Rungnapa owned several properties.

“Mrs Rungnapa owned the land of the house [where she was killed], some land in Prachuap Khirikhan and some cars. Mr Dokset put her name as the landowner since foreigners can’t own land in Thailand,” Maj Gen Chonasit replied.

Although police already have the Chanote land title deeds of the properties in question, they have yet to reveal a total value of the properties involved, or their locations.

Regarding the safe found in the bathroom where Mrs Rungnapa’s remains were found, Lt Col Chaowalit of the Chalong Police said, “We haven’t checked what is in the safe yet. So we don’t know if there is any money or anything inside it.”

Maj Gen Chonasit said he has denied Mr Dokset police bail.

“Mr Dokset is now in Phuket Provincial Prison and I have not allowed him to be released on bail because he is a foreigner, he can run away out of the country,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12474.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-03

It appears to me the only point worth discussion now is whether it was an accident or not. Having experienced his posting behaviour here I can safely describe him as a liar.

I'll wait for the pathologists report I think before jumping to any more conclusions but "fell down the stairs" is a bit suspect I reckon...

Warpspeeds agreeing with you smokes! ohmy.png

This thread with all its Sherlock Holmes and Poirot wannabees has become totally absurd. Its great example of when the TV forum gets ridiculous. But yes, you're all in possession of all the facts arn't you all and ofcourse the BIB are the best in the world arn't they and blah blah blah what a load of b*&^%$# coffee1.gif

So I take it they weren't legally married then...silly man to put all of his assets in his name tin that case. Much easier chance to lose it all. Looks like he found out he was going to lose everything and this is how he took care of it.

When was the woman reported as missing?

He left her for 30 mins after she died...freeked out and hid her body in a bin and may or may not have added acid to dissolve the body...Yes?

Sherlock, maybe you should ask yourself: Which kind of plastic garbage bin could resist a 2 year threatment with acid? Or just a 1 week... violin.gif

As already reported in a couple of other media outlets, and now finally in TV today....

Mr Dokset was arrested on Tuesday after police found the acid-burnt decaying remains of a human body in his basement ....thanks for your input tho' Duh!!clap2.gif From 'Sherlock!!' hehehehe

Also mostly acid comes in plastic containers...what do you think is in a PLASTIC car battery? yes! ..acid....

• Like 1

It appears to me the only point worth discussion now is whether it was an accident or not. Having experienced his posting behaviour here I can safely describe him as a liar.

I'll wait for the pathologists report I think before jumping to any more conclusions but "fell down the stairs" is a bit suspect I reckon...

Warpspeeds agreeing with you smokes! ohmy.png

This thread with all its Sherlock Holmes and Poirot wannabees has become totally absurd. Its great example of when the TV forum gets ridiculous. But yes, you're all in possession of all the facts arn't you all and ofcourse the BIB are the best in the world arn't they and blah blah blah what a load of b*&^%$# coffee1.gif

This just seems too far fetched and high profile to be a fit up to me. Some of the posters here would claim that if there was CCTV evidence even...

Wow, this thread must be setting a record. Obviously I have not read all 600 + posts, forgive me. So much speculation it is mind boggling. However, here is my analysis, for what little it is worth: Stupid man buys property in girlfriend/wifes name, she leaves him. She hooks up with policeman and then leaves him as well. This is number three, since she has children from a previous relationship/marriage. She probably decides she wants something from number two (Norweign) and/or the property ownership becomes an issue. Argument insues. She dies as a result. (Whether pushed or otherwise killed doesn't matter.) Very stupid man lives with body in his house for a couple of years as best we can tell. Stupid man does not dispose of the evidence. Stupid man does not get lawyer but confesses and reenacts the scene. An idiot from beginning to end.

I don't want to be to harsh as she is the victim here, but the deceased seems like a real work of art. Two kids living with parents, a third marriage and that kid pushed off to the parents, three relationships that we are aware of which all evidently went south. Wonder if she was putting pressure on the Norweign or threatening to sell property. My bet is that in the end it all centered around the assets. Hopefully we will find out what really happened. Unfortunately the subject matter will fade and the press will loose interest and we will probably never get the details to the mystery of what "really" happened. It will be like reading a book with the last chapter torn out.

You don't want to be harsh on the dead woman, but then you proceed to slam into her, all based on your speculation. But good of you to mention that she is actually the victim! And it doesn't matter whether she was intentionally murdered or was pushed? Then again, "she was a real work of art" apparently, so I suppose it doesn't matter to you and the other writers who want to blame the victim.

• Like 2

This is just another example of the stupidity of foreign men buying properties in thailand which they cant legally own or control and giving them 'on trust ' to a village girl from up country.

Somehting has probably gone ascew with the rental income over a period of time.

Dont marry or buy property in Thailand !

The law is not on your side.

Doesn't this depend on the kind of person you marry?

I have been on the property ladder here in Thailand since 1990. Every property I've eventually sold, I have made a large profit and have lived in these properties rent free.

If you're not a good judge of character, then I urge people to follow your advice.

Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

• Like 1

This is just another example of the stupidity of foreign men buying properties in thailand which they cant legally own or control and giving them 'on trust ' to a village girl from up country.

Somehting has probably gone ascew with the rental income over a period of time.

Dont marry or buy property in Thailand !

The law is not on your side.

Doesn't this depend on the kind of person you marry?

I have been on the property ladder here in Thailand since 1990. Every property I've eventually sold, I have made a large profit and have lived in these properties rent free.

If you're not a good judge of character, then I urge people to follow your advice.

Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

The have nots are out to get from the haves everywhere round the world. There's no point making an issue about chosing the wrong or right partner in Thailand. Good and bad decisions get made anywhere. A fool and his money will go their own ways anywhere. So being paranoid is healthy if you aim hanging onto your bucket.

A post and the quote removed as any reply would violate rule 19) Not to post other members' personal details

Sorry LIK, this whole thing is disturbing, quite Hitchcockian. I've just now seen where the PG has it on the front page.

Very sobering info ....if only all the naysayers and conspiracy theorists and other uninformed TV members took a look at this and the other ''not to be mentioned'' site..they will see all the facts about this case..straight from the horses mouth as they say....

He won't do much time.

He will forfeit his assets to the victims family as compensation and be out in a few years.

How else do you think murderers get out of jail in Thailand after 3 or 4 years?

He won't do much time.

He will forfeit his assets to the victims family as compensation and be out in a few years.

How else do you think murderers get out of jail in Thailand after 3 or 4 years?

Errrm he did not own anything other than a few bikes and a car or 2. all the property was in the deceased's name.

Ergo routing thru the lawyer. It was never referenced how to loop the money. Laughable, illegal in Thailand. How many shades of justice are there in Thailand...one and its color is green.

You are correct, so many uninformed, yourself included.

No mate, if you think it's legal, you are uninformed. Foreigners cannot own land and you cannot breach the letter OR the spirit of the law. Your ignorance is showing.

There are exceptions, larger foreign investments like hotels etc & BOI companies (which is how I own land here as a foreigner).

I thought this very negative post was far off topic (IMHO):

"This thread with all its Sherlock Holmes and Poirot wannabees has become totally absurd. Its great example of when the TV forum gets ridiculous. But yes, you're all in possession of all the facts arn't you all and of course the BIB are the best in the world arn't they and blah blah blah what a load of b*&^%$# "

TWIMC - (IMHO) Thai Visa is the stress relief of the internet and T.I.T. - where no one is serious...

Truth be known, the BIB are usually either dead wrong, or just need your money...

However, this case makes absolutely no sense.

If she disappeared last year, why did it take the police so long to look for her...??

If he killed her and her corpse was so badly decomposed, why didn't he just dump her in a bag at Tesco..??

Plus, he kept her purse, her gun and significant ammunition..?? Why, to ensure he was implicated..??

Everything looks like he wanted to be caught - not very smart - not what most people would do, unless he is insane or being framed...???

I would say it looks like she was staying with him for quite a while, because no one carries a box of ammo in their purse.

Except for his confession (sic), it looks more like a 'plant' - someone hid her body, purse and gun at his place, to implicate him in her death, then arranged for the Police to find the evidence...

Plus, we all know how the Thai police operate - they will torture any suspect to ensure they confess...

It acrtually makes more sense if Policeman Husband killed her for infidelity and worked it out to look like her boyfriend did it...???

Options: Insane killer boyfriend or insane killer husband or accident by oddball boyfriend that no one investigated for a very long time or...

• Like 2

I thought this very negative post was far off topic (IMHO):

"This thread with all its Sherlock Holmes and Poirot wannabees has become totally absurd. Its great example of when the TV forum gets ridiculous. But yes, you're all in possession of all the facts arn't you all and of course the BIB are the best in the world arn't they and blah blah blah what a load of b*&^%$# "

TWIMC - (IMHO) Thai Visa is the stress relief of the internet and T.I.T. - where no one is serious...

Truth be known, the BIB are usually either dead wrong, or just need your money...

However, this case makes absolutely no sense.

If she disappeared last year, why did it take the police so long to look for her...??

If he killed her and her corpse was so badly decomposed, why didn't he just dump her in a bag at Tesco..??

Plus, he kept her purse, her gun and significant ammunition..?? Why, to ensure he was implicated..??

Everything looks like he wanted to be caught - not very smart - not what most people would do, unless he is insane or being framed...???

I would say it looks like she was staying with him for quite a while, because no one carries a box of ammo in their purse.

Except for his confession (sic), it looks more like a 'plant' - someone hid her body, purse and gun at his place, to implicate him in her death, then arranged for the Police to find the evidence...

Plus, we all know how the Thai police operate - they will torture any suspect to ensure they confess...

It acrtually makes more sense if Policeman Husband killed her for infidelity and worked it out to look like her boyfriend did it...???

Options: Insane killer boyfriend or insane killer husband or accident by oddball boyfriend that no one investigated for a very long time or...

Huh?

Ergo routing thru the lawyer. It was never referenced how to loop the money. Laughable, illegal in Thailand. How many shades of justice are there in Thailand...one and its color is green.

You are correct, so many uninformed, yourself included.

Would that be the 20 baht note?

I find the whole thing hard to believe. Who in their right mind (or not so right mind for that matter) would keep the body, purse, ID, gun, and safes all together in a bath/laundry room for 3 years? Nobody keeps safes in a bathroom/laundry room...come on... As for the confession...what can I say? The whole thing stinks. On the 'other' forum and/or PG newspaper it was mentioned that a new girlfriend was living there for 6 months and was there at the time of the bust. In 6 months she never once asked why the bathroom stinks or why the door was locked? Come on. It's like it was written for a movie.

• Like 2