Thailand Eyes Hosting Formula 1 Race In 2014

webfact

I have not read every post but an F1 race in Thailand would never happen...

Too many countries with much more money are in front of Thailand in the queue to stage a race..

But Thais are apparently known as queue jumpers .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not read every post but an F1 race in Thailand would never happen...

Too many countries with much more money are in front of Thailand in the queue to stage a race..

All jokes aside, Thailand probably will be on the 2014 F1 calendar.

Thailand’s 2nd most wealthy person Mr Chaleo Yoovidhya (49% owner of Red Bull which he co-founded with an Austrian marketing whiz) has the resources and industry background. He owns 49% of the $4.4 billion (2009 sales) Red Bull company and his son Chalerm now owns the remaining piece. So if they want an F1 race in Thailand chances it will happen.

One thing I don't understand, why on earth hasn't anyone come to Thailand to grab the natural talent for the F1 teams. here they could be easily found, rot tour drivers, mini bus visa run drivers, so many potential world champions. If it happened here, and a circuit is built my guess it would be up in picturesque Chiang Mai. They would want to promote the area also. Some nice hotels in that area, one got very good publicity last year.

It will be a disaster because the sex advertising industry is going to take over. Then the drugs, then the abortion, then AIDS, then school dropoffs, then prostitution. Thailand's future will be over. Thailand is not ready for F1. People are not educated enough and not disciplined enough.

• Like 1

Let's just hope the will not introduce a Thai F1 driver at the same time,

I can just see it, the red lights go out, he then decides to put into gear, sets off slowly, slows down at the first corner with a bit of weaving about for good measure.

Seriously It would be great if it happened

I'm not at all sure that a Thai driver would pay any attention to the red lights. They don't on public roads.

Can Thailand afford a F1 race? Let's start in a small way and have public buses racing down Sukhumvit. Oh! We do already.