What Is The Book Price For A Honda Cbr250R

I'm actually not too sure of the warranty tbh. Last time I took the service book out I think it said 30,000km on it. Never had a need to inquire.

God, I hope it doesn't melt now, you've got me worried. rolleyes.gif

Actually the Honda warranty is 5 years or 50,000 km for the engine

Honda, what a great company.

Much better than the competition. Hopefully Kawa will be able to improve the durability of the rattley ninjette and offer a competitive warranty period.

Word is the 2013 ninjette will have a stone sundial for a clock. Let's hope it's solidly constructed.

Rattley? You got a new spamming contract hehehoho? Why the change of username?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And good news on the 2013 ninjette's new fuel gauge option.

It will hook on along the seat.

EJ1013237695.JPG

What kind of moron needs a fuel gauge on a motorcycle?! blink.png

Next you'll be asking for a gear indicator because you're not smart enough to remember what gear you're in. crazy.gif

And good news on the 2013 ninjette's new fuel gauge option.

It will hook on along the seat.

EJ1013237695.JPG

What kind of moron needs a fuel gauge on a motorcycle?! blink.png

Next you'll be asking for a gear indicator because you're not smart enough to remember what gear you're in. crazy.gif

The same kind of moron that scrapes a living from spamming the interweb I guess laugh.png

We had this debate with him before and he ended up admitting that the fuel gauge on the CBR was next to useless and he counts down the kilometres from the odometer same as he would on the plethora of bikes that don't have a fuel gauge whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

Fuel gauges are useless. cheesy.gif

Your bitterness is really quite hilarious.

You better tell US Kawa to remove their one from the US ninjette, perhaps it would even reduce it's overweight (porky?) numbers by a fraction. smile.png

Bitter? laugh.png Actually just a bit bored at work waiting for 5pm to roll around and I thought I'd throw you a bone laugh.png

Then off for a ride to Rayong on my gauge-less Gixxer tomorrow. Hope I don't run out of petrol before I arrive, no idea how I'm gonna make it - it's gonna be really scary w00t.gif

Holy crap I just realized I don't have a fuel gauge on my KLX!

web.jpg?ver=13301574850001

OMG what am I to do?! crying.gif I know I can go at least 120km on a tank and I guess I could take a look at my odometer every time I fill the tank, but it's just so much HASSLE to keep track of such big numbers! Woe is me I guess I'd better sell the bike and take a bus.

<deleted> me just noticed the Gixxer ain't got a fuel gauge either! What the hell is going on?! unsure.png

GSXRInstrmntSm.jpg

How could Suzuki have forgotten to put a fuel gauge on one of the greatest superbikes ever built?!

How is it possible I've ridden this bike to Malaysia and back and never run out of gas?!

Is it just luck, or could it be something else ???

sTROLLing, new name, same modus operandi... saai.gif

A. Do any of the above mentioned bikes without fuel gauges not have a reserve?

B. I've found that gauges, while each as its own peculiarities, can deliver information after I've filled it a bunch of times. For example, if it says half full and half empty, but 60% of my fuel is gone, that will be close to the case all the time with that bike. And empty (last bar, or top of the red) will mean that I have just so much left - close to it - most of the time.

At least, my scooter at the top of the red always fills to the top with exactly the amount of the tank's capacity, minus one liter (promising me 40kms left at the top of red, in my case). No??

Only "recreation riders" and/or "wannabe racers" would make such silly comments about "useless fuel gauges".

Wow, sure the bike is 250g lighter without it. Pushes the power/weight ratio to the ultimate cheesy.gif

Only "recreation riders" and/or "wannabe racers" would make such silly comments about "useless fuel gauges".

Wow, sure the bike is 250g lighter without it. Pushes the power/weight ratio to the ultimate cheesy.gif

What a stupid post. When each 'bar' on the gauge represents about 50 kms range, unless you know the range of each bar and keep an eye on the odo and record when the bar drops then thats as accuate as you're gonna get in terms of knowing your range. Far less accurate than just using the odometer. So pretty much useless unless you can't do 3 digit subtraction, or you're the type of guy that buys a Tiger (although somehow i doubt those two things are mutually exclusive).

On a race bike of course its totally useless, you ever see Stoner stop for gas because he's down to 2 bars? Back when i raced MX (just local level) i'd have been laughed off the pits if i'd had a fuel gauge on the bike, and rightly so. According to your theory, I guess that makes anyone who races a 'wannabe racer'!?!

I got a demo bike.....500k/m

I paid 115k W/ABS Back in Jan

thats the normal price (new )

Its the RRP. Most of Honda dealers in BKK were asking 130+ in Jan. You know any dealers selling at 115k now?

yes ,there one on the lat phrao rd that sells it for 118 k

(the extra 3k is im told registraton fees /number plates and a free helmet and jacket etc )

dont know if he has them in stock though ,i heard of problems ordering from the factory but havent called in recenty

What a stupid post. When each 'bar' on the gauge represents about 50 kms range, unless you know the range of each bar and keep an eye on the odo and record when the bar drops then thats as accuate as you're gonna get in terms of knowing your range. Far less accurate than just using the odometer. So pretty much useless unless you can't do 3 digit subtraction, or you're the type of guy that buys a Tiger (although somehow i doubt those two things are mutually exclusive).

On a race bike of course its totally useless, you ever see Stoner stop for gas because he's down to 2 bars? Back when i raced MX (just local level) i'd have been laughed off the pits if i'd had a fuel gauge on the bike, and rightly so. According to your theory, I guess that makes anyone who races a 'wannabe racer'!?!

Wow, you learned to do substraction in school? Pretty cool whistling.gif

What "race bikes" are you talking about? Topic is the CBR. But i wouldn't consider the Ninjette a "race bike" either. In one thing you are right: Buying a Tiger Boxer 250 was a big mistake. I promise to never do it again.

Wake up, in future every fridge will tell you when you are running out of milk.

A fuel gauge is very helpful for daily transport and commuting purposes and for sharing fuel powered vehicles with others. And thats what most people in Thailand do.

@strolling: clocks are useless. Didn't you know that? Real racers don't need them biggrin.png

@strolling: clocks are useless. Didn't you know that? Real racers don't need them biggrin.png

Actually the CBR250 in the US Superstock racing series used it to see how long it took the 22 ninjettes to finish after him.

Again, and again and again, five races in a row.

What's this silliness about a fuel gauge? Just slow down enough to flick your Bic and check the level!

The silliness is about NO gauge. Some people see this as indicator for a "race bike" :)

3 500 post!

487+1 :)

What's this silliness about a fuel gauge? Just slow down enough to flick your Bic and check the level!

The silliness is about NO gauge. Some people see this as indicator for a "race bike" smile.png

3 500 post!

487+1 smile.png

My KLX doesn't have a fuel gauge and I sure don't think it's a race bike... passifier.gif

6209crazy.gif

The silliness is about NO gauge. Some people see this as indicator for a "race bike" smile.png

3 500 post!

487+1 smile.png

My KLX doesn't have a fuel gauge and I sure don't think it's a race bike... passifier.gif

6209crazy.gif

You are right. The real silliness is the assumption, that racing, or even just riding a race bike, makes a man whistling.gif

same modus operandi... saai.gif

What's your post count in the CBR250 thread again?? clap2.gif

In the hundreds.

Probably more than in any thread dedicated to a bike you've actually owned. giggle.gif

I'm actually not too sure of the warranty tbh. Last time I took the service book out I think it said 30,000km on it. Never had a need to inquire.

God, I hope it doesn't melt now, you've got me worried. rolleyes.gif

Actually the Honda warranty is 5 years or 50,000 km for the engine and 3 years or 30,000 km for frame and body. I love how a few owners out of thousands report problems on a forum and all of a sudden it's a fragile bike. I've got over 10,000 trouble free kms on my CBR and I am very happy with it. The CBR has been out for over a year and I haven't had to put in a single warranty claim for a customer. It is a very well built, durable, and reliable bike.

Good to hear from someone who has to deal (or not to in this case) with these issues in real life that the cbr is reliable, gives me more confidence in the bike then some opinion of an internet "warrior" who spends a surprising amount of time on cbr threads.

• Like 1

Good to hear from someone who has to deal (or not to in this case) with these issues in real life that the cbr is reliable, gives me more confidence in the bike then some opinion of an internet "warrior" who spends a surprising amount of time on cbr threads.

Suggest you go watch a Thai Moto3 race sometime- it's a bit shocking how many CB'r' 250's they manage to blow up every race...

Of course I realize that most CB'r' owners on this forum just cruise and will never race their bikes, but still, all the blown engines in Moto3 make me wonder about the long term durability of these bikes.

In other news, I was thinking about replacing my avatar. This one seems quite appropriate ;)

154506_194939983955913_100003197396476_325876_1371558067_n.jpg

Suggest you go watch a Thai Moto3 race sometime- it's a bit shocking how many CB'r' 250's they manage to blow up every race...

Of course I realize that most CB'r' owners on this forum just cruise and will never race their bikes, but still, all the blown engines in Moto3 make me wonder about the long term durability of these bikes.

In other news, I was thinking about replacing my avatar. This one seems quite appropriate wink.png

154506_194939983955913_100003197396476_325876_1371558067_n.jpg

you have not offended me at all, annoyed sometimes but most of the time i like your posts.

Actually thai visa would be a boring place if it would not be for guys like you and strolling.

I just wonder why you post so much on topics related to the cbr 250,

You are right. The real silliness is the assumption, that racing, or even just riding a race bike, makes a man whistling.gif

Don't think anyone said, or even implied that. Maybe that's just what you took from it? Feeling sensitive about something? whistling.gif

Kind of ironic that you're riding around on a Tiger (well - when it isn't in the garage anyway) and then blasting bikes like the Ninja 250R and GSXR for not having a fuel gauge laugh.png. I can understand Strolling (hehehoho) doing it as that's his job, but seems a bit odd otherwise smile.png.