Golden Tree Snake

Tonto21

I’ve known of a snake living in my lock-up, (where I keep gardening tools and tin cans/plastic bottles and stuff for recycling) for a few weeks now, but never got to see him.

Well he made a show today, I think it’s a ‘Golden Tree Snake’ these snakes are super fast, thin, and agile, bite fast and often, and they do have venom, but the venom is only toxic to frogs.

But, I’m no expert.

Is this a Golden Tree Snake?

Can anyone confirm what this snake is?

post-69255-0-37918300-1331798946_thumb.j

post-69255-0-73847000-1331799007_thumb.j

post-69255-0-27826100-1331799043_thumb.j

Looks like a Golden Tree Snake to me.

As you say, they are fast and aggressive - although thankfully not dangerous unless you're a tree frog.

My dogs kill them frequently (much to my horror), whereas they know to give cobras a wide berth, whilst barking v aggressively.

Quick edit - If its not a Golden Tree Snake I've been v blase about one hell of a lot of snakes mellow.png .

Edited by F1fanatic

I've seen a half dozen green tree snakes including one in my 3rd floor apartment room a few years ago. I just scooped in into a laundry bag and released it into the woods nearby. I was amazed it could climb up the building so easily. The one in your shed looks identical.

You should charge it rent.......it's got a bloody cheek thinking it can just hang about your place killing things when it likes, messing up the floor, taking advantage of your hospitality........

Just go out and offer it a tenancy agreement, it will be off like a shot...........

Squatting snakes.......what's the world coming to ......mutter mutter whistling.gif

Golden Tree Snake. Remember the first time I saw one in Chiang Mai. Moved really fast across the road in front of me and right up a tree. Bit creepy to see something that long and that fast and that close to me. Can see more snakes at Thailandsnakes.com

Very interesting.......it has very amphibian type eyes, I haven't noticed that before.

Golden Tree Snake. Remember the first time I saw one in Chiang Mai. Moved really fast across the road in front of me and right up a tree. Bit creepy to see something that long and that fast and that close to me. Can see more snakes at Thailandsnakes.com

Very interesting.......it has very amphibian type eyes, I haven't noticed that before.

Hi Blether,

The pupils of the Golden Tree Snake are round because it is diurnal (active during daylight hours).

Snakes with slit type eyes (such as Pythons) are nocturnal(active at night).

Regards,

Tiger.

I like most snakes so long as they aren't pink, trouser snakes.
I have a one-eyed trouser snake, the G/f has taken a shine to it, usually nocturnal spits venom but not poisonous.

Why do supposedly mature men reduce an interesting thread to juvenile level humor?

It may have been funny when I was 12...but it's kind of just sad now.

"Why do supposedly mature men reduce an interesting thread to juvenile level humor?"

"It may have been funny when I was 12...but it's kind of just sad now."

Lighten up Francis........Its OK to laugh occasionally.......It was funny when I was 12 and still is.

I have a one-eyed trouser snake, the G/f has taken a shine to it, usually nocturnal spits venom but not poisonous.

Why do supposedly mature men reduce an interesting thread to juvenile level humor?

Laughing is good for you and you and you are right it is an interesting subject, I see a fair number of reptiles on my bike rides round here and treat it as a privelege to see them. Always carry a small stick to get them off the road and back to safety. Edited by exeter

at my first encounter with those slippery little devis, near the pla duk pond, i got a bit excited and forgot my carefully learned thai pronounciation of snake, none of the family seemed concerned, at the lack of a thai cavalry armed with sticks arriving, i yelled out snake in english, soon the wife arrived with the desired response, upon later discussion, the thai mob, wondered why i was so worried about a rat, so the standing orders now are, if the son in law, yells about a rat, just come running

I'll often make silly comments just to bring a topic bact to the top of the board. Otherwise, on a busy night a good topic will be pushed out of sight by stimulating subjects like where can I get a good hamburger.

my pic They do like to wrap yhemselvs around things like fencing. got rid of mine with a blast from the mossie spray After I took the pichttp://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-53881-0-21497300-1331931085_thumb.jpg

post-53881-0-21497300-1331931085_thumb.j

They are beautiful creatures and shouldn't be harmed. Snakes do FAR more good than harm. As long as they don't feel threatened they are not aggressive. Do I want them in my house? No, but there's no need to kill them.

Golden_tree_snake_1_Em.jpg

• Like 2

I'll often make silly comments just to bring a topic bact to the top of the board. Otherwise, on a busy night a good topic will be pushed out of sight by stimulating subjects like where can I get a good hamburger.

Having eaten both I vote for hamburgers over Cascade Timber Rattlers. Haven't tried any Thai snakes. Where can I find a good eating Thai snake?

Found this bloke hiding in the louvered door under our kitchen sink. I opened the door and he jumped out onto the floor and slithered off under the back door.

OOps; can't upload photo' for some reason !

Edited by trainman34014