Bombers

Roos

Hawks

Tigers

Dockers

Swans

Blues

Eagles

Thanks Chooka. Welcome to our little tipping contest.

The pleasure is all mine. Nice to have an area where we not chew each other out. Here we can disagree but we know it is is fun,

And good luck tonight against Collingwood!

Got the beers in the fridge and will be pulling up a chair and posting the "Do Not Disturb" sign at 4.30. Have a feeling the saints will cause the upset of the round.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freo easily accounted for Gold Coast. Good signs Ron19, with Freo missing some good players. (and so ends my fantasy bet for this round also biggrin.png )

What about Buddy Franklin? He made the gambit of not renegotiating his contract till the end of the year. Is the pressure getting to him?

Fremantle did extra well when you look at who they had out.Pavlich (3-5 Weeks more),Sandilands (6 weeks),Bradley (season) and Fyfe (haven't heard whether his penalty has been increased after the appeal)

Fremantle did extra well when you look at who they had out.Pavlich (3-5 Weeks more),Sandilands (6 weeks),Bradley (season) and Fyfe (haven't heard whether his penalty has been increased after the appeal)

Yeah, Fyfe got 2 weeks, up from the one week he would have got.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

w00t.gif

Next week has two three four five good games

Cats v Essendon

Swans v Hawks

Port v Richmond

Freo v Collingwood

Saints v Carlton

Next week will be difficult.

Swans have hard games for the next 5 games. It will be interesting to see how they stand up in these. Jetta and Pike had good games.

w00t.gif

Cats v Essendon

Swans v Hawks

Port v Richmond

Freo v Collingwood

Saints v Carlton

Swans have hard games for the next 5 games. It will be interesting to see how they stand up in these. Jetta and Pike had good games.

They sure did and Sam Reid also had a reasonable game, though he still seems to drop a lot of marks.

Will be a test for the Swans. Their midfield performed today but with LRT and Rhyce shaw both injured it takes away from defence.

Their upcoming run is:

Hawks

Freo

Collingwood

Essendon

BYE

Adelaide

Port

Carlton

w00t.gif

Cats v Essendon

Swans v Hawks

Port v Richmond

Freo v Collingwood

Saints v Carlton

They sure did and Sam Reid also had a reasonable game, though he still seems to drop a lot of marks.

Will be a test for the Swans. Their midfield performed today but with LRT and Rhyce shaw both injured it takes away from defence.

Their upcoming run is:

Hawks

Freo

Collingwood

Essendon

BYE

Adelaide

Port

Carlton

I like the BYE They cannot lose that game. All the others mentioned will be difficult

• Like 1

laugh.png

I was 12 in 1980 Chooka, but i've seen the videos.

I prefer the game now. There were too many cheap shots in years gone by, a few thuggish types who hid behind the guise of being 'tough men'.

Who can forget 1994 and Tony Lockett smashing peter Caven in the nose? It was a disgusting hit and he only served 8 weeks.

Of course we forgave him when he came to Sydney whistling.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2bIQ0-nCE4

• Like 1

Yes Lockett was a great player when he played for Sydney

Trained into a champion at the saints. He could have been a Collingwood player but they said he was to slow and would never make the grade.

• Like 2

I'd like to thank St Kilda for giving him up.

also for donating Barry Hall laugh.png

Listening to some of Barry Hall's sideline commentary today..the bloke knows his stuff.

Big bad bustling Barry, the last of the hard men.

• Like 1

Trained into a champion at the saints. He could have been a Collingwood player but they said he was to slow and would never make the grade.

Phenomenal player. I couldn't find the info, but from memory he served a hell of a lot of games with suspension.

From wikipedia

Anthony Howard "Tony" Lockett (born 9 March 1966) is a former Australian rules football player. Known as 'Plugger' Lockett is the highest goal scorer in the history of the VFL/AFL with 1,360 goals in a career of 281 games, that commenced in 1983 with the St Kilda Football Club, and finished in 2002 with the Sydney Swans. Lockett is the onlyfull-forward ever to win the coveted Brownlow Medal, in 1987, a season in which he was decorated with several honours. He is a four-time Coleman Medallist, kicked more than 100 goals in a season on six occasions (an AFL record), and is a member of the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

Phenomenal player. I couldn't find the info, but from memory he served a hell of a lot of games with suspension.

From wikipedia

Anthony Howard "Tony" Lockett (born 9 March 1966) is a former Australian rules football player. Known as 'Plugger' Lockett is the highest goal scorer in the history of the VFL/AFL with 1,360 goals in a career of 281 games, that commenced in 1983 with the St Kilda Football Club, and finished in 2002 with the Sydney Swans. Lockett is the onlyfull-forward ever to win the coveted Brownlow Medal, in 1987, a season in which he was decorated with several honours. He is a four-time Coleman Medallist, kicked more than 100 goals in a season on six occasions (an AFL record), and is a member of the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

I worked with Pluggers sister at Russell Street Police Station in Melbourne and actually met him on two occassions. The 1st time I was doing personal protection for Ken Sheldon at a Saints/Collingwood match. Follow Ken around from the Box to the ground and change rooms, great job being a saints fan and won the raffle that day. The 2nd time I was working at Traralgon in 99 and we got a call to a guy loitering around a boat sales yard at 11.30 p.m. We went down and it was plugger returning from the Sale Greyhounds. Had his dogs in the trailer and stopped off to look at a few boats. Got all his personal details and he was on his way.

• Like 1

From wikipedia

I worked with Pluggers sister at Russell Street Police Station in Melbourne and actually met him on two occassions. The 1st time I was doing personal protection for Ken Sheldon at a Saints/Collingwood match. Follow Ken around from the Box to the ground and change rooms, great job being a saints fan and won the raffle that day. The 2nd time I was working at Traralgon in 99 and we got a call to a guy loitering around a boat sales yard at 11.30 p.m. We went down and it was plugger returning from the Sale Greyhounds. Had his dogs in the trailer and stopped off to look at a few boats. Got all his personal details and he was on his way.

What was the story behind Ken Sheldon getting the boot as St Kilda coach?

This is a hard round to pick with a number of games that could go either way, so for what it's worth here are my tips for round 7.

Geelong

Pt Adelaide

West Coast

Nth Melbourne

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Adelaide

Gold Coast

Carlton

ST KILDA will surely make AFL history when players wear special heritage guernseys on Monday night against Carlton: their jumper will carry the name of the opposition coach.

The jumper will also feature the names of the 1551 footballers who have represented the club, among them a 53-game defender from the 1970s named Michael Malthouse.

post-122647-0-95520500-1368023474_thumb.

• Like 1

Same as you this week Ron. Id like to see Sydney beat Hawthorn but i don't think it will happen. Freo was tempting on their home ground...but. Richmond, no ticker with the players. Gold coast developing into an okay team.

Geelong

Port

West Coast

Nth Melbourne

Hawks

Collingwood

Adelaide

Gold Coast

Carlton

My tips for Rd 7

Essendon

Port

West Coast

Nth Melb

Collinwood

Swans

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

I would like Sydney to win but i think it will be hard. My reasons for picking teh Hawks are: Rhyce shaw and LRT out. (johnson out for season also), so defence will be an issue. I have no confidence in Reid to kick the goals and he will be marked well. Buddy F. He is due for a big haul. Sydney don't play well on the MCG.

My tips for Rd 7

Essendon

Port

West Coast

Nth Melb

Collinwood

Swans

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

I would like Sydney to win but i think it will be hard. My reasons for picking teh Hawks are: Rhyce shaw and LRT out. (johnson out for season also), so defence will be an issue. I have no confidence in Reid to kick the goals and he will be marked well. Buddy F. He is due for a big haul. Sydney don't play well on the MCG.

I feel it will be a difficult task for them but I am an optimist

Gazmans tips for round 7

Have not been doing so well sorry Ron letting the family down good job it is not a team event

Geelong

Port Adelaide

Brisbane

North Melbourne

Hawthorn

Fremantle

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

Gazmans tips for round 7

Have not been doing so well sorry Ron letting the family down good job it is not a team event

Geelong

Port Adelaide

Brisbane

North Melbourne

Hawthorn

Fremantle

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

Only round 7 Gazman! 23 rounds in the season so plenty of time for a comeback