Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

IMO, the MRP is a joke.

Too many reductions for good records, carry over points, pleading guilty etc.

A prime example this weekend. Colin Sylvia from Melbourne knocks out Brennan

from GWS with an elbow. The MRP says it wasn't deliberate, was just reckless. <deleted>!

Betts gets a huge reduction because of a good record and a guilty plea. So he gets 3

weeks and the guy with a broken jaw probably gets 6.

It's a raffle but something is wrong with a system that lets a guy get a week due to a flick

to the nuts while a guy who knocks someone out gets 3.

Will

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My tips - Round 8

North Melbourne

Essendon

Hawthorn

Gold Coast

Geelong

Swans

Carlton

Richmond

Adelaide

We've done it again and picked the same.I hope you don't think I picked the same on purpose as there is no value in that,in fact I purposely wouldn't look at yours untill I had picked mine even though I knew you had posted.We must be using the same system.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

My tips - Round 8

North Melbourne

Essendon

Hawthorn

Gold Coast

Geelong

Swans

Carlton

Richmond

Adelaide

We've done it again and picked the same.I hope you don't think I picked the same on purpose as there is no value in that,in fact I purposely wouldn't look at yours untill I had picked mine even though I knew you had posted.We must be using the same system.

laugh.png

No. I didnt want you to think I was copying yours either so I picked early this week.

My picking style is fairly simple. I write down a list immediately following the last game of the round, or if there is a monday night match I do it sunday night-ish. There are always question mark games and I add a mark next to those for whatever reason and decide on those in a few days.

I find this method easier for myself as I dont chop and change my mind.

Edited by BookMan

IMO, the MRP is a joke.

Too many reductions for good records, carry over points, pleading guilty etc.

A prime example this weekend. Colin Sylvia from Melbourne knocks out Brennan

from GWS with an elbow. The MRP says it wasn't deliberate, was just reckless. <deleted>!

Betts gets a huge reduction because of a good record and a guilty plea. So he gets 3

weeks and the guy with a broken jaw probably gets 6.

It's a raffle but something is wrong with a system that lets a guy get a week due to a flick

to the nuts while a guy who knocks someone out gets 3.

Will

The issue has to come up again. Most probably it will take a particularly nasty knock on someone high profile that puts them out for the season and serious debate about the issue will bring it up for discussion

My tips - Round 8

North Melbourne

Essendon

Hawthorn

Gold Coast

Geelong

Swans

Carlton

Richmond

Adelaide

laugh.png

No. I didnt want you to think I was copying yours either so I picked early this week.

My picking style is fairly simple. I write down a list immediately following the last game of the round, or if there is a monday night match I do it sunday night-ish. There are always question mark games and I add a mark next to those for whatever reason and decide on those in a few days.

Mine is a different to that,I have set up a spreadsheet with a section for each club and each section has the same set of information in columns.each column has a particular type of information.There are 13 columns and every now and then I will add another column if I think it will help.No system can be 100% correct every time,there is always a chance that a team will bob up and beat a more fancied opponet.One column shows the odds for Nth Melbourne at $3.20 and West Coast at $1.35 but the rest of the information didn't agree with that,so I went for Nth Melbourne instead of the Eagles.

• Like 1

My tips - Round 8

North Melbourne

Essendon

Hawthorn

Gold Coast

Geelong

Swans

Carlton

Richmond

Adelaide

laugh.png

You two are going for joint winners again

Gazman01 has asked me to put his tips in for him as he can't connect to thaivisa for some reason.

This is a copy and post from his email.

West coast
Essendon
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Geelong
Sydney
Carlton
Richmond
Saint Kilda

Gazman01 has asked me to put his tips in for him as he can't connect to thaivisa for some reason.

This is a copy and post from his email.

West coast
Essendon
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Geelong
Sydney
Carlton
Richmond
Saint Kilda

Thanks Ron.

Some confusement..if you dont know already. these players have the same name but play for different teams

Sam Reid - plays for Sydney Swans

Sam Reid - Plays for GWS

Tom Lynch - Plays for Adelaide

Tom Lunch - PLays for Gold Coast

What would happen if the players are traded and end up playing for the same team?

Has that ever happened before?

And of course

Josh Kennedy - Plays for Swans

Josh Kennedy - Plays for West Coast

Some confusement..if you dont know already. these players have the same name but play for different teams

Sam Reid - plays for Sydney Swans

Sam Reid - Plays for GWS

Tom Lynch - Plays for Adelaide

Tom Lunch - PLays for Gold Coast

What would happen if the players are traded and end up playing for the same team?

Has that ever happened before?

And of course

Josh Kennedy - Plays for Swans

Josh Kennedy - Plays for West Coast

You will never confuse the 2. Josh Kennedy for the Swans does not have a stutter run up when kicking a goal

• Like 1

West Coast wins after the siren.Good to see a close game. Daw was subbed off. Six goals one week and subbed off the next. He will improve as he plays more games.

Majak looked a bit lost at times. I think he would be happy just standing up forward taking marks and kicking goals. I'm sure the coaches are working on his 'work rate'. He has the goods, that's for sure, just hope he doesn't get stardom attitude.

With 30 seconds to go I was pencilling the game in as a North win. Some controversy over the penalty that led to Naitanui marking and kicking, but really, North should have beaten them last night and also could have beaten Hawthorn and Geelong this year.

a 'What if'

Buddy Frankling is yet to re sign for the Hawks.

What are the chances someone like the Gold Coast, or Western Sydney making a big offer for him? the chances are reasonable but what would teh chance of Buddy be in taking up any offer?

Can you see Buddy going to either team? Buddy and Ablett both at the Gold Coast?

a 'What if'

What are the chances someone like the Gold Coast, or Western Sydney making a big offer for him? the chances are reasonable but what would teh chance of Buddy be in taking up any offer?

Can you see Buddy going to either team? Buddy and Ablett both at the Gold Coast?

Both at the gold coast, and the steady improvement the suns are showing this year could make for a dangerous side.

My tip is that Buddy will get a handsome offer from GWS which he couldn't refuse. GWS have enough top draft picks also to offer as compensation.

Let's have a Poll;

Do you think Buddy will leave?

Where will he go and;

Why

West Coast wins after the siren.Good to see a close game. Daw was subbed off. Six goals one week and subbed off the next. He will improve as he plays more games.

Majak looked a bit lost at times. I think he would be happy just standing up forward taking marks and kicking goals. I'm sure the coaches are working on his 'work rate'. He has the goods, that's for sure, just hope he doesn't get stardom attitude.

With 30 seconds to go I was pencilling the game in as a North win. Some controversy over the penalty that led to Naitanui marking and kicking, but really, North should have beaten them last night and also could have beaten Hawthorn and Geelong this year.

I was actually looking forward to Majak and Naitanui hit it out. Daw one the 1st knock and held his own against both Cox and Naitanui in the ruck, it was his work around the field that let him down this week.

Let's have a Poll;

a 'What if'

Where will he go and;

Why

I think he will leave. (though if the Hawks make the GF and win that could change things)

As you have pointed out, GWS, would be a likely option.

He is the biggest drawcard in the AFL and has the potential to bring huge crowds to watch him in Western Sydney. The AFL would be very keen to have him at the club. Combine him with the GWS forwards Jeremy Cameron and Jonathon Patton, both forwards with huge potential. (could GWS keep all 3 though??)

In addition I presume GWS would have more $$$ to make a play for Buddy. With the AFL so keen to have him at GWS it would make the incentives they could offer hard to compete with. The Hawks could not match the dollars GWS could pay.

a 'What if'

Both at the gold coast, and the steady improvement the suns are showing this year could make for a dangerous side.

My tip is that Buddy will get a handsome offer from GWS which he couldn't refuse. GWS have enough top draft picks also to offer as compensation.

Let's have a Poll;

Where will he go and;

Why

I'm not sure that he will leave but if he does.possibly to the dockers or westcoast as reading between the lines it looks like he wants to go back home.

a 'What if'

Let's have a Poll;

Where will he go and;

Why

I'm not sure that he will leave but if he does.possibly to the dockers or westcoast as reading between the lines it looks like he wants to go back home.

Good point that.

You would be happy Ron if he went to the Dockers

a 'What if'

Let's have a Poll;

Where will he go and;

Why

Good point that.

You would be happy Ron if he went to the Dockers

Certainly would be.