Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

just watched a great and absorbing game between N. Melbourne and Adelaide.

crows clinched it in the dying seconds with a goal to win by 1 point.

i know the games got its knockers, but i can say as an Englishman i have been hooked ever since i went to see Essendon vs Hawthorn with an Aussie girlfriend of my mine back in the 90's at the oval in London.

nice to see the Bombers doing well this season ! biggrin.png

Tigerfish.

If you follow the great game, you will only be an Englishman, when the bails are placed during the Ashes :-)

nah mate, i'd stick to the egg shaped balls if i were you, its the only chance you've got of winning the ashes this summer ! laugh.png

love a bit of banter and all in good fun.

BTW look out for a young Yorkshire lad by the name of Joe Root, scored a maiden test 100 on a tricky home wicket at Headingley yesterday. wink.png

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just watched a great and absorbing game between N. Melbourne and Adelaide.

crows clinched it in the dying seconds with a goal to win by 1 point.

i know the games got its knockers, but i can say as an Englishman i have been hooked ever since i went to see Essendon vs Hawthorn with an Aussie girlfriend of my mine back in the 90's at the oval in London.

nice to see the Bombers doing well this season ! :D

Tigerfish.

If you follow the great game, you will only be an Englishman, when the bails are placed during the Ashes :-)

nah mate, i'd stick to the egg shaped balls if i were you, its the only chance you've got of winning the ashes this summer ! :lol:

love a bit of banter and all in good fun.

BTW look out for a young Yorkshire lad by the name of Joe Root, scored a maiden test 100 on a tricky home wicket at Headingley yesterday. ;) [/quote) Thanks mate. Will keep an eye out. If there's one thing as good as a game of footy, its a test match against the old enemy :-) I hope young Joe does well.

Australia will be lucky to win an ashes test this series.

We'll need a new thread for Cricket closer to the dates.. There is the Thailand Needs Cricket thread, but that is more humourous in nature

Edited by BookMan

These are the 4 games I have question marked for my picks this week....

Coll v Bris

WB v Port

WCE v RICH

Adel v Freo

I agree,

They're hard ones.

My take is Coll as Brisbane look like losing Jonathon Brown.

WCE at home, I don't really rate Richmond.

Maybe WB cos it's at home and Ade v Freo is the hardest one

I think. Both teams are in good nick but maybe the home side??

Interesting to see WCE playing Richmond on Monday as well.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

Tips for round 10

Brisbane

Carlton

Fremantle

Sydney

Geelong

Bulldogs

Hawthorn

North Melbourne

West coast

We have picked all but one the same this week Gazman

I love it when you pick close to the same. Easier for me.

U mean to get the 9/9 also?

Tips for round 10

Brisbane

Carlton

Fremantle

Sydney

Geelong

Bulldogs

Hawthorn

North Melbourne

West coast

We have picked all but one the same this week Gazman

I love it when you pick close to the same. Easier for me.

U mean to get the 9/9 also?

No It is easier when posting picks in excel.

• Like 1

2013 Membership Totals (as of 23/5/2013)

Collingwood - 75,110 (Revised Target - 80,000)

Hawthorn - 61,483 (Target - 65,000)

West Coast - 57,830

Richmond - 57,523 (Target - 60,000)

Essendon - 52,960 (Target - 50,000)

Carlton - 45,244 (Target - 50,000)

Adelaide - 45,000+ (Target - 50,000)

Port Adel. - 40,213 (Target - 40,000)

Geelong - 41,002

Fremantle - 40,000+

Sydney - 34,000 (Target - 37,000)

North Melb - 33,510 (Target - 40,000)

St. Kilda - 32,193

Melbourne - 32,268 (Target - 40,000)

Western B - 27,495

Brisbane - 22,048

Gold Coast - 12,206

Greater WS - 12,164

The North Melbourne figures may have to be revised downwards after last weekend's game against Adelaide.

A few Kangaroos supporters were seen ripping up their membership cards outside Etihad Stadium on Sunday evening.

2013 Membership Totals (as of 23/5/2013)

Collingwood - 75,110 (Revised Target - 80,000)

Hawthorn - 61,483 (Target - 65,000)

West Coast - 57,830

Richmond - 57,523 (Target - 60,000)

Essendon - 52,960 (Target - 50,000)

Carlton - 45,244 (Target - 50,000)

Adelaide - 45,000+ (Target - 50,000)

Port Adel. - 40,213 (Target - 40,000)

Geelong - 41,002

Fremantle - 40,000+

Sydney - 34,000 (Target - 37,000)

North Melb - 33,510 (Target - 40,000)

St. Kilda - 32,193

Melbourne - 32,268 (Target - 40,000)

Western B - 27,495

Brisbane - 22,048

Gold Coast - 12,206

Greater WS - 12,164

The North Melbourne figures may have to be revised downwards after last weekend's game against Adelaide.

A few Kangaroos supporters were seen ripping up their membership cards outside Etihad Stadium on Sunday evening.

Funny you should say that...When I posted it I had done the research specifically looking for North Melbourne membership numbers.

Here are my tips for round 10

Collingwood

Carlton

Adelaide

Swans

Geelong

Port Adelaide

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

You are making your spreadsheet task harder for yourself you know Rip tongue.png

If you want me to share the spreadsheet duties at any time let me know

Here are my tips for round 10

Collingwood

Carlton

Adelaide

Swans

Geelong

Port Adelaide

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

You are making your spreadsheet task harder for yourself you know Rip tongue.png

If you want me to share the spreadsheet duties at any time let me know

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know.

McGuire apologises for gaffe linking Goodes and King Kong

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-29/mcguires-king-king-gaffe?utm_source=AFL+and+club+newsletters&utm_campaign=6b8ad3df9d-Runner_2013R10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e898e293e4-6b8ad3df9d-206179645

And my tips are

Collingwood

Carlton

Adelaide

Sydney

Geelong

Port Adelaide

Hawthorn

St Kilda

West Coast

Edited by chooka

A bad joke or Eddie revealing he is actually two faced?

There is a post on the previous page Chooka that has the audio if you are interested

There is a post on the previous page Chooka that has the audio if you are interested

Heard it on SEN this morning, thanks.thumbsup.gif

Eddie is in deep poop, now called before the AFL, and the Australian Broadcasting Authority say he is in breach of State and Federal broadcaster laws and collingwood may have to cut him loose. You have to be extreemly carefull what you say in Australia.

Eddie is in deep poop, now called before the AFL, and the Australian Broadcasting Authority say he is in breach of State and Federal broadcaster laws and collingwood may have to cut him loose. You have to be extreemly carefull what you say in Australia.

It was an amazing statement from Eddie. Totally out of line.

It was an amazing statement from Eddie. Totally out of line.

listening to news, they report that Goodes has been traumatised by Eddies remark and he may not play this week.

listening to news, they report that Goodes has been traumatised by Eddies remark and he may not play this week.

wow! That is big news chooka. He was Sydney's best player last week. I expected him to have a similar game this week after the comments had died down

Just speculating, but I think that comment from the girl brought up some old school memories for him that maybe he hadn't dealt with. Now Eddie puts his foot in his mouth and more mental pressure on Goodes. resulting media coverage and interviews...probably getting a thousand SMS, phone calls, twitter messages etcetrea The last thing Sydney needs is this stuff going on just before the big Essendon game.

Ill have to keep an eye on that today and see how it plays out.

wow! That is big news chooka. He was Sydney's best player last week. I expected him to have a similar game this week after the comments had died down

Just speculating, but I think that comment from the girl brought up some old school memories for him that maybe he hadn't dealt with. Now Eddie puts his foot in his mouth and more mental pressure on Goodes. resulting media coverage and interviews...probably getting a thousand SMS, phone calls, twitter messages etcetrea The last thing Sydney needs is this stuff going on just before the big Essendon game.

Sydney coach John Longmire has not ruled out the prospect that Adam Goodes may decide not to play against Essendon this weekend due to his distress over the racism saga.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/goodes-gaffe-mcguires-potential-racial-discrimination-act-breach/20130529-2nae5.html

Still tipping the swans. Barry Mitchells son is making his debut for the swans also.

Edited by chooka

Sydney coach John Longmire has not ruled out the prospect that Adam Goodes may decide not to play against Essendon this weekend due to his distress over the racism saga.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/goodes-gaffe-mcguires-potential-racial-discrimination-act-breach/20130529-2nae5.html

Still tipping the swans. Barry Mitchells son is making his debut for the swans also.

Thanks for that heads up chooka. Barry Mitchell was an old fave of mine, hopefully his son (Tom) will be a cut above!

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/tom-mitchell