• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brisbane beat Geelong!!!

Goal after the siren.

Eight goals in the last quarter.

38 points down at the last break, 8th biggest comeback of all time.

A great win. At one stage they were down by 52 points. Haven't seen Michael Voss smile like he did for a long time.

Only six games this weekend with 2 big upset.

I just caught up on that. I didn't even bother listening to or watching the game, I thought it wouldn't be worth it.

Topsy turvy competition for this time of the year!

SHould make next weeks tipping most interesting

Brisbanes run of goals started when a Geelong kick hit an umpire and bounced back to a Brissie player who goaled.

They didn't look back from there.

Just watched the highlights...30 seconds to go they took the ball to the goal square and marked...kicked after the siren. Exciting game

As much as Tim Watson was a great player, does anybody else think that he's got no credibility when it comes to continually

defending Essendon and now his son Jobe? I mean, he's hardly objective is he?

Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Again, the MRP doesn't disappoint me.

Steve Johnsons impact classed as medium. I'd love to see what high or severe is.

Simpkin punches a guy in the head off the ball and get's 2 weeks. The punch is

classified as low impact! IMO, punching a guy in the head should start off at a month.

Crowley gets a $900 fine with the MRP saying a charge was based on "probability".

Surely you have to be 100% certain.

They never fail to amaze me.

• Like 2

As much as Tim Watson was a great player, does anybody else think that he's got no credibility when it comes to continually

defending Essendon and now his son Jobe? I mean, he's hardly objective is he?

Just my thoughts on it.

Too much vested interest for him to be impartial.

IN the Interview Jobe gives he says he was told and that he thought the drug was legal. That line of excuse has not been valid for years.

Sorry gents... I've just stumbled on this thread, apologies for being late to the party...

Swans supporter here...

Watched my first match here in Thailand since relocating from Australia on the weekend (usually doing stuff and just tune into the wireless via the AFL app)

Hopefully the bloods can regain some traction on Friday night and pop back into the top 4...

• Like 1

Sorry gents... I've just stumbled on this thread, apologies for being late to the party...

Swans supporter here...

Watched my first match here in Thailand since relocating from Australia on the weekend (usually doing stuff and just tune into the wireless via the AFL app)

Hopefully the bloods can regain some traction on Friday night and pop back into the top 4...

Welcome to the thread GrantSmith. Rip and I are both Swans supporters also.

Here are my tips for round 13

West Coast

Swans?

Gold Coast

Port Adelaide

Geelong

West Bulldogs

Hawthorn

Nth Melb

Richmond

Swans injury list is growing so it might be a hard task this week.

Id hope the mid field clicks again this week. Goodes is a loss

Swans got hammered by Port this afternoon.

Wet conditions, but the Swans just could not get going. Port kept the pressure up all game and hammered Sydney on inside 50s. I haven't seen the stats on turnovers but that must have favoured Port also.

How Sydney was even still in the game at the start of the 3rd Q is a mystery really.

How Port was won the game is the real mystery!

And thats coming from a Port fan.

Can Port beat Collingwood this week?

Swans got hammered by Port this afternoon.

Wet conditions, but the Swans just could not get going. Port kept the pressure up all game and hammered Sydney on inside 50s. I haven't seen the stats on turnovers but that must have favoured Port also.

How Sydney was even still in the game at the start of the 3rd Q is a mystery really.

How Port was won the game is the real mystery!

And thats coming from a Port fan.

Can Port beat Collingwood this week?

One can only hope matebiggrin.png

Guys

What's your opinions on whether Jobe Watson should be stripped of his Brownlow?

I like Jobe as a player and he seems to be a real good fella, BUT I think it's got to go.

Performance enhancing drugs gave him an unfair advantage.

Any thoughts?

My tips for round 14

West Coast

Sydney

Adelaide

Collingwood

Fremantle

Bulldogs

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

Richmond

Wondered if you'd tip Freo there ROn w00t.gif

My tips for round 14

West Coast

Sydney

Adelaide

Collingwood

Fremantle

Bulldogs

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

Richmond

Wondered if you'd tip Freo there ROn w00t.gif

After last weeks games I believe anything is possible. I do believe Fremantle are a genuine chance though.

Guys

I like Jobe as a player and he seems to be a real good fella, BUT I think it's got to go.

Any thoughts?

Tough call in many ways Will27. if he has admitted to sustained indulgence in a banned substance then surely he and his team mates have to suffer a penalty.

There are some commentators saying he has gone 'rogue' with his announcement and was advised to keep quiet. Certainly the players are maintaining that they did not know the substance was on a banned list...again an argument used worldwide.

The AFL may be under pressure to ban him and strip his Brownlow, not least because of the government funding they receive.

What if they take away his Brownlow from last year and he wins again this year?

Guys

Any thoughts?

Tough call in many ways Will27. if he has admitted to sustained indulgence in a banned substance then surely he and his team mates have to suffer a penalty.

There are some commentators saying he has gone 'rogue' with his announcement and was advised to keep quiet. Certainly the players are maintaining that they did not know the substance was on a banned list...again an argument used worldwide.

The AFL may be under pressure to ban him and strip his Brownlow, not least because of the government funding they receive.

What if they take away his Brownlow from last year and he wins again this year?

There is definitely a huge black cloud hanging over his medal and a real possibility that it will go. If the club are stripped of points for 2013 I can't see how he would be eligible for the 2013 medal either. This needs to be done prior to finals if it is going to happen. If they wait until after the finals before they act then it would be totally unfair on the club that would be sitting at ninth or any club that the bombers may defeat in the finals. It would also be unfair to Essendon supporters to see Essendon win the flag and then have it stripped from them.

How pissed would Brendan Goddard be? Anyway Goddard deserves it the bloody traitor.

Edited by chooka

Welcome to the thread GrantSmith. Rip and I are both Swans supporters also.

Cheers BookMan!

RE: Jobe Watson

This will be an interesting case moving forward, perhaps trying the Lance Armstrong defence?

There's been some interesting commentary out there in the media regarding his potential defence tact.

Nice guy or not, if he's found to have cheated then he's got to face the consequences.

• Like 2

After last weeks games I believe anything is possible. I do believe Fremantle are a genuine chance though.

Oh yeah, can't discount them at all. Ill be watching that game

I think Freo are a real chance this week.

Having said that, it's not often Geelong lose two in a row and they're hard

to beat at their home ground. Also, Mundy and Barlow in doubt. It will be

tough without both of them but Lyon has them playing good footy.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, can't discount them at all. Ill be watching that game

I think Freo are a real chance this week.

Having said that, it's not often Geelong lose two in a row and they're hard

to beat at their home ground. Also, Mundy and Barlow in doubt. It will be

tough without both of them but Lyon has them playing good footy.

Fremantle seems unaffected by injury this year, (as in they keep winning with lots of injuries). I think ill be backing the cats though. That last Q against Brisbane might shake them up enough.

Edited by BookMan

This really is turning into a great season. Full of surprises with quite a few teams up for the victory on any given day. It was looking clearer a few weeks back, now it has been all muddied up again.

If Essendon loses competition points, like Melbourne did in the Rugby league, it will add another dimension to the 8 also. I agree with Chooka. it needs to be resolved before the finals

Edited by BookMan

This really is turning into a great season. Full of surprises with quite a few teams up for the victory on any given day. It was looking clearer a few weeks back, now it has been all muddied up again.

If Essendon loses competition points, like Melbourne did in the Rugby league, it will add another dimension to the 8 also. I agree with Chooka. it needs to be resolved before the finals

A few Social Clubs may have to re calculate their footy tipping comps also if the Bombers are stripped (A win to the opposition on default) and the Bombers for the wooden spoon without a priority draft pick ( I hope)

A few Social Clubs may have to re calculate their footy tipping comps also if the Bombers are stripped (A win to the opposition on default) and the Bombers for the wooden spoon without a priority draft pick ( I hope)

If that was to happen our little tipping comp would be affected. A quick calculation would have Bookman -6 , Ron -2 , Me +2, Gaz -1, Foz -1, Chooka -1

If Essendon do lose points I do not think the other team will be awarded them.

If that was to happen our little tipping comp would be affected. A quick calculation would have Bookman -6 , Ron -2 , Me +2, Gaz -1, Foz -1, Chooka -1

So Melbourne and the Saints will notch up another win. Still be 2nd and 3rd from the bottom with 3rd pick in the draft. oops no sorry it would be Essendon (18) GWS (17th) Melbourne (16) Saints (15th) season doesn't look so glum any moresmile.png

That could affect my six pack from george

So Melbourne and the Saints will notch up another win. Still be 2nd and 3rd from the bottom with 3rd pick in the draft. oops no sorry it would be Essendon (18) GWS (17th) Melbourne (16) Saints (15th) season doesn't look so glum any moresmile.png

Essendon would lose its drafts picks as well.

Whats your preference? Saints to come last or 3 from the bottom?

What is the priority draft pick situation at the moment? I know GWS and GC are getting concessions.

Im tipping Buddy to go to GWS...I know Ron is hoping for Freo, but i think the money will be just too much from GWS