Ps2 Mini Modable?

JJDinsay

Guys:

A buddy of mine bought a gian Sony flat screen TV and they gave him a free PS2 mini - not the PSP, the PS2 slimmed down version. Am not a big PS2 fan but I've been playing Winning 11 with some buddies as well as a new WWE/WWF Wrestling game. Also, I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for RE4 to come out. So I'm buyin it off him. When I was shoppin around a while back, I heard that this slimmed down version can't be modded and therefore won't play any of the pirated games - can anyone confirm this?

thanks

Guys:

A buddy of mine bought a gian Sony flat screen TV and they gave him a free PS2 mini - not the PSP, the PS2 slimmed down version.  Am not a big PS2 fan but I've been playing Winning 11 with some buddies as well as a new WWE/WWF Wrestling game.  Also, I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for RE4 to come out.  So I'm buyin it off him.  When I was shoppin around a while back, I heard that this slimmed down version can't be modded and therefore won't play any of the pirated games - can anyone confirm this?

thanks

Slimline PS 2 can be "chipped". Check the model number on the underside.My consule is a SCPH 70006. It was bought from MBK in Bangkok already chipped so I'm sure the "chipping" can be carried out by stalls in MBK or Pantip.

Yep, its not a problem, it can be chipped and even though its an old machine, I was really impressed with mine, I bought 10 games Winning 11, Socom 3, Tiger Woods, Area 51, GTA, Grand Turismo etc etc from Pantip and I am still playing them..........absorbing and great fun

But can it work online in Thailand and where can i get a Network Connection from to try it out..............this is my dilemna

JAF