only 7 months old

service manual says it should have been serviced

1000km

4000km

8000km

12,000km

its only been " officialy" serviced at kawasaki once at 1000km clap2.gif

there is now 14,000 on the bike

the guy says he maintained it regularly at another shop but what else would a seller say ?? :D

im nearly sure the warranty is lost already ? how much serious damage could be caused if it hasnt had an oil change

in 13,000km etc ?

Strange, my service book states that my 2012 650 has service intervals as follows

And so on

If the bike has had a hard life (something the owner will never tell you) then there could be premature engine wear and as these engines are quite noisy it would be hard to check without dropping the oi, checking clearances and the compression of the bike. I think given the fact that oil changes are so cheap i'd go along with what he's saying, that he's changed the oil at another shop, but it does beg the question why he couldn’t afford a 700baht oil change at Kawasaki…. Just be sure to check the colour of the oil, if it's jet black and he's supposedly just done the 12,000km oil change then walk away from it.

Karl

sorry, your right (the service manual is in increments of 1000,6000,12000km )

th oil:

it isnt "ultra jet black " but it isnt far off it

a very dark brownish colour

he has new pirelli tyres on it though so he has spent "some" money on it somewhere

it looks nice as any 7 month old bike should ,but an abused engine and possibly no warranty ........:(

gear box doesnt feel quite right,it doesnt clunk in and out of gears like a new 650 should ,it feels off somehow ,its hard to describe

the er6n i have now seems like a tighter solider engine and its got 30,000km on it and is 1.5 years older but serviced religiously

bring it in to kawasaki and ask them ,they will likely fix whatevers wrong with it

even technically void warranty ,they will probably still service it for a few extra $$$

you might pay a bit more for labour but the parts should be the same price

th oil:

he has new pirelli tyres on it though so he has spent "some" money on it somewhere

it looks nice as any 7 month old bike should ,but an abused engine and possibly no warranty ........sad.png

gear box doesnt feel quite right,it doesnt clunk in and out of gears like a new 650 should ,it feels off somehow ,its hard to describe

the er6n i have now seems like a tighter solider engine and its got 30,000km on it and is 1.5 years older but serviced religiously

Where is the bike and how much does he want, it wouldn't bother me as long as the oil used was synthetic.smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

th oil:

it looks nice as any 7 month old bike should ,but an abused engine and possibly no warranty ........sad.png

Where is the bike and how much does he want, it wouldn't bother me as long as the oil used was synthetic.smile.png

yes ,but i doubt it was synthetic at the first 1000km oil change

but bought it anyway ,brought it to kawa

they changed the oil /oil filter and replaced a small part and adjusted the clutch

the idle speed wwas set at 1000rpm for some reason ,and now its much snappier around 1350ish

i asked them to ride it ,and tell me if the gear changing feels ok ,he came back + said the bike seems to be fine and its normal for a versys gear box to feel differnt to the er6

it feels much better now ,i did 150km only in bkk yesterday and its effortless riding ,very comfortable machine

pretty tall though ! a bit like jumping up a horses back cowboy.gif

they have booked it in for a complete check up next week where they will get engine opened up ,adjust the valves ,change the plugs

and do everything there wasnt time to do yesterday

i probably paid too much for it but i am not the not the kind of person that can wait patientlty for a few months to get a new one

MhuOC9.jpg

Congratz on a very nice Bike YipYip.. I´m curious of what is "too much" for a Versys with 14 000 clicks:) Can I ask how much he asked and how much you paid for it?

Edited by dunder

It should be fine I reckon.

Most of the Thai's I know with Big bikes spend good money on them and really look after them.

You may notice a difference once it has the bigger service next week.

At 12,000 KM I had mine done and it felt like a new bike again, I still enjoy riding it as much as (if not more than) the day I got it.

Congratz on a very nice Bike YipYip.. I´m curious of what is "too much" for a Versys with 14 000 clicks:) Can I ask how much he asked and how much you paid for it?

he wanted 240k for it

i paid 233k in the end because the service history was undocumented from 1000-14,000km

but i have seen them cheaper with MORE extras a few months ago when i wasnt looking for one ,thats always the way it goes

(these delays at the kawasaki factory are helping to keep the 2nd hand prices high)

it feels like a brand new bike since i brought it there ,it was just that feeling of the clutch not being adjusted properly that was making me worried

its a great bike,i think its the height and the suspension that give it such a great ride and level of comfort ,need to save up for engine guards and an exhaust and ...........

i dont like crazy speeding but i over took a few cars last evening going about 160 up a hill and it felt so effortless and comfortable ,i love this bike !

anyone know any cool modificatons ,please post a pic

i like the side mounted spotlights but not sure how much they cost .......yet !

That is a good deal. Someone paid 275,000 for one with 12,000km on GT-Rider...cheesy.gif

that one had 40-50k worth of extras though ,but i agree, modifications count for almost nothing

when selling a vehicle

no sense to expensively modify it to your taste unless your planing to keep it and get some value out of your mods IMO

That is a good deal. Someone paid 275,000 for one with 12,000km on GT-Rider...cheesy.gif

that one had 40-50k worth of extras though ,

Hardly, more like 10k. The only thing of any value were the engine bars and lowering link and not everyone wants that. The guy was even including the years insurance (which only had 4 months left on it) in the value of the bike, to justify the crazy price!

that one had 40-50k worth of extras though ,

Hardly, more like 10k. The only thing of any value were the engine bars and lowering link and not everyone wants that. The guy was even including the years insurance (which only had 4 months left on it) in the value of the bike, to justify the crazy price!

i dont believe he got 275k for it and had another 3 people lined up to pay 275k either but i have seen nice modified ones on sale for like 320k+ and i looking at it thinking <deleted> ??? also seen modded up pcx 125's selling for up near 100k with so many mods it doesnt even look like a pcx anymore :)

thai people are crazy for this stuff ,shiny pink levers that make the bike look gay and feel worse in the hand than the stock levers .........:o

Looks good mate, enjoy smile.png

thx mate ,hows the new ninja going now ?

The Ninja 650 is a joy to ride. I'm currently loving it but i'm sure sooner or later i'm going to start craving for similar bikes to what i had back in Old Blighty :)

th oil:

they changed the oil /oil filter and replaced a small part and adjusted the clutch

the idle speed wwas set at 1000rpm for some reason ,and now its much snappier around 1350ish

i asked them to ride it ,and tell me if the gear changing feels ok ,he came back + said the bike seems to be fine and its normal for a versys gear box to feel differnt to the er6

it feels much better now ,i did 150km only in bkk yesterday and its effortless riding ,very comfortable machine

they have booked it in for a complete check up next week where they will get engine opened up ,adjust the valves ,change the plugs

i probably paid too much for it but i am not the not the kind of person that can wait patientlty for a few months to get a new one

MhuOC9.jpg

Nice one, me envious, no, yes, no, dam it yes, exactly the one I want to get, you got a good deal, enjoy.

Can't see any crash bars that's a good mod to get. :)

th oil:

MhuOC9.jpg

Nice one, me envious, no, yes, no, dam it yes, exactly the one I want to get, you got a good deal, enjoy.

Can't see any crash bars that's a good mod to get. smile.png

IMO the best looking one from 2011 was this burgandy red colour but if you can find/afford a 2012 then i think the black/yellow is slightly better

ps -there is a black one in bahtsold with only 1700km on the clock and a two bros exhaust ,if thats not a bargain i dont know what is :D

crash bars are on my list for sure ,just saving a bit of cash for mods !

Having had my Ninja now for 7 months, I can truly say that I am getting a little bored with it. I am probably going to upgrade the Ninja to a Versys very soon... I guess I am just too tall for the little ninja (it is really a good looking bike)...

Having had my Ninja now for 7 months, I can truly say that I am getting a little bored with it. I am probably going to upgrade the Ninja to a Versys very soon... I guess I am just too tall for the little ninja (it is really a good looking bike)...

i think you will like the versys ,i have owned a er6n for a year and a ninja 650 r also before buying the versys and right now ,i dont know any other

bike that would suit me in thailand as good as the versys 650

i imagined it would be harder to ride but in fact its easier ,the height of the versys handlebars and fuel tank makes easier to flick from side to side (not harder like i had imagined ) and the rider position and comfort is much better on the versys

it handles potholes ,kerbs and manhole covers with ease ,it can sail over speedbumps where the exhaust of my er6n used to scrape the ground ,visibility of other traffic is better and the convenient larger fuel tank is another bonus

if the versys 1000 becomes available in thai ,i will have a look at that but actually ,the standard V is as fast as i need to go and sometimes faster ! :D