Do Businesses Ever Get Sold Because They Are Failing?

Do Businesses Ever Get Sold Because They Are Failing?

Almost exclusively that is the case.

No, I wouldn't think so. There is a huge number of people out there who just want to start a business and then, when it runs, sell it for profit. Then they are off to the next challenge, starting a new business.

"Starting a business" is actually a business model.

Of course, not everybody is good in his field. Before you buy a business, you should know something about it. Buying a well-run restaurant or hotel might have an advantage over opening your own, but not always.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We have a very profitable business for sale, and our reasons for sale are very genuine. . Sometimes people just need to move on, find a new challenge or simply have a change in circumstance

I think most people who buy business here have never even done it before. Its a means of trying to change your life to adapt in Thailand.

Most people will then underestimate the task ahead, they are no longer on holiday, they cant sneak off every afternoon to have a beer, they have responsibilites and that is too much of a steep hill to climb.

The killer and the decision times always after Songran, low season kicks in, the boredom threshold has to raise in oneself otherwise the towel is thrown in.

There are few tourists, fewer customers, less people to interract with, the humidity is self draining and thai visa ads will soon be inundated with profitable businesses (yes maybe for 5 months).

as i read yesterday from one member, "people fail businesses...businesses dont fail people" the more you put in, the more you get out.

I am a newbie business owner, and i realise if i dont get off my backside and do some self marketting then business will not come my way; and right enough the boredom will increase, the drinking will increase, your staff could wander because you didnt apply the effort.

but if i did consider selling; and it was because I was losing money continually, I would hold my hands up and say i have the foundations of a great little business but I am unable to apply myself to driving it onwards and upwards........then again maybe I wont.