Taking A Bike To Poi Pet, Cambodia?

karlos

If i was to visit the Aranyaprathet boarder would my bike be allowed through into 'limbo' (between the Thai and Cambodian boarders)?

I ask as the bike is in my girlfriends name and it's on finance, i know taking it into Cambodia, or in fact out of Thailand would be a pain in the ass, but the 'limbo land' between the boarders.... Is that a no go too in my situation?

I only ask because i enjoy riding the bike so much BUT i would like to keep it outside my hotel window, rather than leaving it in Thailand..... :S

Karl smile.png

Edited by karlos

Does the bike/scoot have license plates and is the greenbook in your girlfriends name? If yes, yes you can take it to Cambodia, but take some serious locks....

Yep it has plates, book everything (2012 ninja 650) and is in my girlfriend's name.

But the finance company?

Does the bike/scoot have license plates and is the greenbook in your girlfriends name? If yes, yes you can take it to Cambodia, but take some serious locks....

If the bike is under finance it's owned by the finance company. Generally speaking most Thai finance companies will not allow you to take a financed motorcycle out of Thailand, but it never hurts to ask!

If the bike is under finance it's owned by the finance company. Generally speaking most Thai finance companies will not allow you to take a financed motorcycle out of Thailand, but it never hurts to ask!

I've decided to do a morning trip to the boarder next week. Then it's time to sort out my paper work and become a more permanent resident of this land :)

Look for guarded parking - there is usually such a business in towns, near a bus or train station. Pay the 10 or 20 Baht per day vs facing greedy Cambodian guys hitting you for fees. Bring $ 20 for the Visa and refuse the demands for 100 Baht or whatever. (And OAP from the UK was shamelessly hit again and again by these uniformed crooks, charging him for all kinds of nonsense. You bringing a bike will arouse their greed...). It's a hell hole. Why stay there? Get the exit stamp and stay in Aranyaprethet!

Chris

• Like 1

Look for guarded parking - there is usually such a business in towns, near a bus or train station. Pay the 10 or 20 Baht per day vs facing greedy Cambodian guys hitting you for fees. Bring $ 20 for the Visa and refuse the demands for 100 Baht or whatever. (And OAP from the UK was shamelessly hit again and again by these uniformed crooks, charging him for all kinds of nonsense. You bringing a bike will arouse their greed...). It's a hell hole. Why stay there? Get the exit stamp and stay in Aranyaprethet!

Chris

One man's "hell hole" might be another man's Pattaya giggle.gif

Some people just seem to have "scam me" written on their forehead. passifier.gif

Others know better than to play those silly games.

Ride On!

T

I've decided to do a morning trip to the boarder next week. Then it's time to sort out my paper work and become a more permanent resident of this land smile.png

i dont think a bike wil be allowed to leave thats still owned by a finance company ,the first name in the green book will probaby be theirs until you can finish they payments

you cant into "no mans land " or "that limbo place " without exiting thailand ,and that will take some paperwork

saying that though ,you could just ride through a 5 kmph and the police might not even get out of their chairs ,i have walked through before and none of them even stood up to see where i was going and walked through a restricted gate that thais and cambodians were going through without calling into the building where they search your bags

senario, even if you did get it into no mans land - you get up next morning and it's gone - what then ?

unless you can bring it into your Hotel room it's just a silly idea

I do visa runs on my bike and always parking it where I can see it from both sides of the border and that's just for 30mins