Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan 'Detained' In US

webfact

I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi.

You might want to grow up a little bit.

The real world is not a boy scout camp. I didn't associate personally, for many obvious reasons, with most of my personnel.

Your management style might differ. You are in management...right?

Edit in: When any of my employees of any nationality had personal problems they brought them to me and we tried to work it out. As I recall romantic Indian movies never came up as being much of a personal problem with anybody.

Yes, I was in management and owned a company to the bigger part

and I want to overhear your first sentence, as he his rude, so i understand.

Come down from your horse, Sir!tongue.png

You miss the point, or you just unreasonable?

You mention your Indian workforce, see above-

"I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi"

for no reason at allwink.png , when you only talk to them to order them to do something,

or if you must help them, because somebody has a problem.whistling.gif

When you mention your workforce it sounds for other people and to me, you should, could have heard something,

sometime of a Mr.Khan movie star, because you mix with them in private conversation to.rolleyes.gifwink.png

But you say now proudly, you never did that! So its completely unnecessary to mention it! Clear?wink.png

Maybe not for unreasonable people.giggle.gif

Nice to hear from you today, Mr. Alfredo. I was worried you might miss our little meeting.

We have beaten this horse to death so let me close with this thought. I didn't discuss Hollywood movie stars with my US employees or British movie stars with my UK employees so it only stands to reason I am not going to discuss the latest happenings in Bollywood with anybody.

While this guy may be the hottest thing since sliced bread in India, my guess is probably 90% of the world's population never heard of him either.

Now my beer is getting hot so I will bid you a fond farewell. Ciao.

India has more than a sixth of the world's population. So it's fair to say more than 10 percent of the world know who SRK is!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been living in the Middle East and South East Asia for over 30 years.

I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi.

He is, very simply put, another ego inflated actor that seems to think he matters in the world order.

could it be that this "one time in Saudi" was before Sha Ruk Khan was born? ph34r.png

India has more than a sixth of the world's population. So it's fair to say more than 10 percent of the world know who SRK is!

conduct a poll in Malaysia and Indonesia and you will find that 90% of all females below age 99 know SRK and often have some wild dreams concerning him... not to talk about Pakistan and Bangla Desh.

• Like 1

conduct a poll in Malaysia and Indonesia and you will find that 90% of all females below age 99 know SRK and often have some wild dreams concerning him... not to talk about Pakistan and Bangla Desh.

Hmmm, so you follow his stuff eh. giggle.gif

-chuckd-

Unreasonable stays under your name.tongue.png

Recap, if you had worked in Saudi Arabia, with Aborigines, Maoris, Nigerians or Brazilians, instead of Indians, no difference is apparent,

you have nearly no contact-only order them to work and no private conversations with you, sure not about movies! -Your words-

Nevertheless you pointed to the Indians, when it comes to an Indian subject, although, this is completely irrelevant with you.

Interesting logic Mr.Boss.whistling.gif

Drink your beer and think about it.tongue.png

You might want to grow up a little bit.

The real world is not a boy scout camp. I didn't associate personally, for many obvious reasons, with most of my personnel.

Your management style might differ. You are in management...right?

Edit in: When any of my employees of any nationality had personal problems they brought them to me and we tried to work it out. As I recall romantic Indian movies never came up as being much of a personal problem with anybody.

Yes, I was in management and owned a company to the bigger part

and I want to overhear your first sentence, as he his rude, so i understand.

Come down from your horse, Sir!tongue.png

You miss the point, or you just unreasonable?

You mention your Indian workforce, see above-

"I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi"

for no reason at allwink.png , when you only talk to them to order them to do something,

or if you must help them, because somebody has a problem.whistling.gif

When you mention your workforce it sounds for other people and to me, you should, could have heard something,

sometime of a Mr.Khan movie star, because you mix with them in private conversation to.rolleyes.gifwink.png

But you say now proudly, you never did that! So its completely unnecessary to mention it! Clear?wink.png

Maybe not for unreasonable people.giggle.gif

Nice to hear from you today, Mr. Alfredo. I was worried you might miss our little meeting.

We have beaten this horse to death so let me close with this thought. I didn't discuss Hollywood movie stars with my US employees or British movie stars with my UK employees so it only stands to reason I am not going to discuss the latest happenings in Bollywood with anybody.

While this guy may be the hottest thing since sliced bread in India, my guess is probably 90% of the world's population never heard of him either.

Now my beer is getting hot so I will bid you a fond farewell. Ciao.

Fair point. Assuming every single citizen of India knows who he is, let me downgrade that statistic to around 82%.biggrin.png

I have been living in the Middle East and South East Asia for over 30 years.

He is, very simply put, another ego inflated actor that seems to think he matters in the world order.

could it be that this "one time in Saudi" was before Sha Ruk Khan was born? ph34r.png

2005. When was this guy born? I don't know and don't want to waste any time looking him up.

So...I see you claim knowledge of 90% of women under age 99 to be found in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia? Have you ever been called a womanizer?clap2.gif

So this is now the SECOND time this has happened to SRK in the US. If he decides to come again, do you seriously think it should happen AGAIN? The first time, OK maybe there was a reason having to do with the name database, but a second time? How is this not STUPID?

He probably got on that special TSA list for those people who throw around the ol', "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!!?" line and turn out not to really be anyone that important (like actors). No offense to Khan or India, but if Tom Cruise or Steven Spielberg got grief at some foreign airport - who would really care?

Edited by koheesti

JT,

America has no friends, only allies.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Are you sure?

post-37101-0-23514300-1334492733_thumb.j

To be fair i think this is a misquote. Henry Kissenger said, "America does not have friends, only interests". Says it all really.

Sounds like any rich guy who doesn't have friends, just people pretending to be friends in order to get something.

Perhaps, but this thread is not about Khan's popularity in Malaysia or Indonesia.

For the sake of argument, your same poll taken in White Plains, New York would net 99.999% percent of the people having no idea who he is.

And with $5, you can get a cup of joe at Starbucks.

2005. When was this guy born? I don't know and don't want to waste any time looking him up.

So...I see you claim knowledge of 90% of women under age 99 to be found in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia? Have you ever been called a womanizer?clap2.gif

yes, once upon a time i was called a womanizer. unfortunately that time is long gone sad.png

Hmmm, so you follow his stuff eh. giggle.gif

i do follow that "stuff" for the simple reason that i employ ethnic Indian staff in Thailand and "Indian" Indian staff in India tongue.png

Perhaps, but this thread is not about Khan's popularity in Malaysia or Indonesia.

For the sake of argument, your same poll taken in White Plains, New York would net 99.999% percent of the people having no idea who he is.

And with $5, you can get a cup of joe at Starbucks.

Don't be so sure.

http://www.indiacenter.us/about-us.asp#

901 N Broadway, North White Plains, NY 10603

What do Customs authorities say about why they detained him? In this thread, we see all the spin, but I don't see offialdom's reason. Maybe he had a snotty attitude, similar to the British black fellow who was detained while trying to leave Phuket. Maybe he was carrying something questionable. Was it just his name which sent red lights blinking? BTW, profiling itself, is not illegal - though perhaps acting harshly on the profiling data might be, in some cases.

Though I consider myself a liberal, I don't have a problem with authorities 'profiling' and sometimes detaining people - even if some of those people are inconvenienced by mistake. I'd rather have an innocent person inconvenienced for two hours, than have someone slip through the net and bomb Times Square.

• Like 1

I just listened to a little story on America's NPR (a great radio station, btw. Can be accessed online). A talented young Cuban jazz pianist was recently heard playing (in Mexico? can't recall) by the great music producer Quincy Jones. Quincy told the talented dude to look him up in the States. When the young Cuban tried crossing in the the US, he was detained by border officials. It wasn't until hours later, when a phone call got through to Jones, that the pianist was allowed through - to get his career going with his mentor.

"It is not clear why Khan was detained at the airport, which serves New York City." - I think it is very clear, has anyone seen one of these Bollywood movie thingies. Should get life for partaking in one of these silly little movies.

"It is not clear why Khan was detained at the airport, which serves New York City." - I think it is very clear, has anyone seen one of these Bollywood movie thingies. Should get life for partaking in one of these silly little movies.

I would for the cash he has amassed, $600,000,000. whistling.gif

• 1 year later...