Pcanywhere To Gotomypc?

tuky

If you and your wife BOTH have Windows XP then I would suggest setting up MSN messenger. MSN messenger has a remote control feature built into it that allows you to repair most problems with her computer and best of all, ITS FREE!

The feature you want is called REMOTE ASSISTANCE and the person needing the help initiates the session. I've heard of people trying to use this on non XP machines but with unreliable results.

If you dont have XP on both than I suggest using PC anywhere.

Greg

Guest IT Manager

I use gotomypc for my ipstar clients. It's great. A bit expensive in some respects but it means not having to go to New Zealand, Australia, USA, Kon Kean, Laos etc, too often :o

Hmm I am not sure how well PC Anywhere would work on dial up. I used it b4 with DSL back in the states and it was marginal at best.

If you do get PC Anywhere check the version compatibility. Just to make sure it will work with both OS's (If they are different)

Also does she have a fixed IP? You will need to have the address and log in information.

PC Anywhere is also a little heavy on resources. I used VNC had good luck with it. Much less security, just disabled it when done. I would try MSN fist like Giser said. It's free.

Depending on what is wrong with the computer it might save lots of stress and headaches. If she goes to the local computer shop and get one of the kids working their to come over and take a look.