Bus Crash Photo With Body Parts

BuffaloRescue

I cant understand the Thai's obsession with gore. Isn't is inappropriate to stand around accident sites where people have died trying to snap up pictures? Apart from the fact it obstructs rescue services.. its just weird.

I must admit I have seen a few brains spilt in motorbike accidents, driving past and turned to look.

But this guy how can you pose for a photo... smiling and holding up body parts? ... http://www.gogoflorist.com/blog/2012/04/thailand-bus-accident-body-parts/

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, seems very odd to me also, but I am done trying to work out Thai "culture" I just try to go with the flow, having said that I doubt whether I would take "happy snaps" of a dearly departed...ermm.gif

The body is only a vessel for the soul.

If they've been good Thais they're off to a better place already.

Farang no unnerstan Thighlan. Think too mutt. Too seriat.

There is no soul and if you die you are as dead as your computer without electric....nothing left.

Even some Thais start to understand that "born again" is very symbolic. Not that person gets born again, the ciclye of live is continue.....

The other thing I find very strange is the number of persons loitering - paper and pencil in hand - writing numbers - to inspire them on what lottery ticket to buy next time round. I have seen this kind of thing sooooo many times.

I've given up trying to understand farang logic. They make some of the goriest, most horrific and perverse horror movies in the world (Saw, The Human Centipede, et al), but go ape-shit at the first sign of real blood.

TIF (This is Farangdom).

I have no problem with some real blood (with some limits), but I can't see "Saw".....

Anybody remember..?

Years ago late 80's when I first came to Thailand there was a popular monthly magizine on news stands around Thailand I think it was called 911, Was all just photos and stories about of violent crimes,car, train and truck crash photos..was very popular and very graphic, but i have not seen it in stores for a long time now?

Probably not published anymore?

Anybody remember..?

Years ago late 80's when I first came to Thailand there was a popular monthly magizine on news stands around Thailand I think it was called 911, Was all just photos and stories about of violent crimes,car, train and truck crash photos..was very popular and very graphic, but i have not seen it in stores for a long time now?

Probably not published anymore?

I think it still is. Will have to check.

I tried watching Saw. Watched the first 5 minutes and had to stop. The (Thai) mrs happily watched the rest of the film.

Your point being? Movies like this are huge revenue-earners in the West. Farangs can't get enough gore apparently, as long as it's make-believe.

TIF

That is it isnt it we know its make belief. This is real these are real people who are disrespected. I don't like to look at saw ect either. But i do know the difference between real and make belief. I love a good action movie with a good body count. But you don't see me shooting ppl.

In Thailand, it's mangled flesh that sells. In the UK, it's WAGS, messy divorces, cheating partners, and inebriated louts that make the news. In Thailand, those people in the photos are dead. In the UK, those people in the photos are alive. Did those dead and live people ever asked to be photographed? No. The paparazzis in both cases are at fault. The newspapers and tabloids that print those photos are also at fault. Paparazzi and print media respect nobody.

The other thing I find very strange is the number of persons loitering - paper and pencil in hand - writing numbers - to inspire them on what lottery ticket to buy next time round. I have seen this kind of thing sooooo many times.

really how is that done? The numbers of the car with accident can't be a lucky number, or?

Ask any Thai who buys lottery tickets. I believe they look at the vehicle license plates.

really how is that done? The numbers of the car with accident can't be a lucky number, or?

the licence number from a deadly accident can be hardly a lucky number....on the other hand applying logic to "lucky numbers" might be wrong....

Ive seen the rest of the photos from this accident... arms, legs all over the road. Guts hanging out of the windows, Im going to fly from now on i think

that is something i decided about 15 years ago after sitting front row from Bangkok to Surat.

Neither myself nor my kid will ever take a Thai bus. I understand our odds are still pretty good, but really, why risk it if it can be avoided for a bit of extra cash

In Thailand, it's mangled flesh that sells. In the UK, it's WAGS, messy divorces, cheating partners, and inebriated louts that make the news. In Thailand, those people in the photos are dead. In the UK, those people in the photos are alive. Did those dead and live people ever asked to be photographed? No. The paparazzis in both cases are at fault. The newspapers and tabloids that print those photos are also at fault. Paparazzi and print media respect nobody.

WAGS?

Ask any Thai who buys lottery tickets. I believe they look at the vehicle license plates.

Isn't it weird? You would have though only the numbers on new car licence plates were lucky, right? But no, Thais will even play numbers from crashed vehicles - now that's messed up. Even sicker than that, the number of deceased will inform the lottery selection ie. if nine people died, Thais will choose 09 or 90 - the 0 refers to 'nothing' ie death. If the fatalities were in double digits, no zero is required. If you've ever wondered why you've yet to meet a Thai who doesn't pick their nose in public, you'd be right; <snip>

Edited by soundman
Generalizations.

WAGS?

Wives and Girlfriends of notable footballers eg Victoria Beckham

I tried watching Saw. Watched the first 5 minutes and had to stop. The (Thai) mrs happily watched the rest of the film.

Your point being? Movies like this are huge revenue-earners in the West. Farangs can't get enough gore apparently, as long as it's make-believe.

TIF

Whats the difference between make believe and the real thing, in Thailand same same.