Do You Ever Meet Up With Thaivisa Members

eek

Coming as Naam would be expensive. You'd need a chauffeur...a pair of shears and an expensive yet casual looking suit. Don't forget the panama hat and cane...

that would be completely inappropriate except perhaps for the chauffeur because i don't drive after drinking alcohol. besides the chauffeur, coming as Naam would only require shorts, t-shirt and open shoes worn without socks and a proper haircut (max length of hair = 8 millimeters).

Yikes! You are me!! tongue.png

You measure your hair with millimeter precision? blink.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming as Naam would be expensive. You'd need a chauffeur...a pair of shears and an expensive yet casual looking suit. Don't forget the panama hat and cane...

that would be completely inappropriate except perhaps for the chauffeur because i don't drive after drinking alcohol. besides the chauffeur, coming as Naam would only require shorts, t-shirt and open shoes worn without socks and a proper haircut (max length of hair = 8 millimeters).

Yikes! You are me!! tongue.png

You measure your hair with millimeter precision? blink.png

Nah not that bit. Thanks I overlooked that....I am a true hippy in comparison! biggrin.png

I reckon a tv meet-up would be a dull affair, with everyone tring to avoid one another's gaze

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/550456-why-do-falang-ignore-falang/

I can just see it; everyone silently lined up at the bar, supping their pints. It would be just like back home, but without the dominoes.

We'd probably all have our phones or computers out posting on the internet

"Dull as ditchwater here. Nae craic at all, like."

"Same same. Just a bunch of boring old farts staring into space. Don't know why I bothered coming."

SC

I reckon a tv meet-up would be a dull affair, with everyone tring to avoid one another's gaze

http://www.thaivisa....-ignore-falang/

I can just see it; everyone silently lined up at the bar, supping their pints. It would be just like back home, but without the dominoes.

We'd probably all have our phones or computers out posting on the internet

"Dull as ditchwater here. Nae craic at all, like."

"Same same. Just a bunch of boring old farts staring into space. Don't know why I bothered coming."

SC

I've been to a couple of these events. Its true to say that I could hardly speak by the end of the evening!

I've met 10-12 current and former TV members. All but one I considered to be be nice, normal people. Met with a couple of them (former moderators!) several times.

The one who turned me off from these meetings could only be described as a sociopath. He's found a suitable home on another forum and deliberately got himself banned from here to gain credance with the inmates there.

Long before Tv was as big and I was a mod. We used to organise our own pissups. Larrys dive on the dentist chair where JD , myself and many others took part, Then there was the Vodka bar(cant remember the name). Also the first proper TV get together near Nana was a messy night and not because it was near Nana.laugh.png I have met many TV member both old and new. Some in Bangkok and others in CM. Never a dull moment and have yet to meet someone i dont like.

• Like 1

Long before Tv was as big and I was a mod. We used to organise our own pissups. Larrys dive on the dentist chair where JD , myself and many others took part, Then there was the Vodka bar(cant remember the name). Also the first proper TV get together near Nana was a messy night and not because it was near Nana.laugh.png I have met many TV member both old and new. Some in Bangkok and others in CM. Never a dull moment and have yet to meet someone i dont like.

Ya that's what I said across from Nana. You said messy and I remember dancing and the place had a fish. Somebody made a video.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot that I went to a TV meet at Larry's Dive many years ago and met quite a few members there (long forgotten who most of them were though, except for people like Firefan who I already knew from the football team). Was a great night actually, and the vodka bar you're thinking of is Titanium. And, yes, this was back when TV was much smaller than it is now.

I remember going, with my wife, to a meet in Bangkok just off Sukhumvit, maybe near Nana Hotel. Everyone wearing name tags. There was a roof-top bar. Very pleasant evening with several couples as well as a preponderance of single males. We met many forum members, but most have moved on now, which is not surprising as it must have been about 10years ago. That's the only meet I attended as we have spent most of our time travelling since then.

I remember going, with my wife, to a meet in Bangkok just off Sukhumvit, maybe near Nana Hotel. Everyone wearing name tags. There was a roof-top bar. Very pleasant evening with several couples as well as a preponderance of single males. We met many forum members, but most have moved on now, which is not surprising as it must have been about 10years ago. That's the only meet I attended as we have spent most of our time travelling since then.

That sounds like the one I remember. Didn't someone take a video and later post it here on Thai Visa?

That sounds like the one I remember. Didn't someone take a video and later post it here on Thai Visa?

Yes i believe so. Probably still around.

Then there is a video of me dancing with a particular female mod. Oh my goodness.

Which two members would you like to introduce to each other?

I would like to arrange a meeting between theblether and mediumpacedbowler

Well you know I would show up, and he would make some kind of excuse like having to go out walk his dog whistling.gif

• Like 1

Then there is a video of me dancing with a particular female mod. Oh my goodness.

Come on chaps. Play fair.

Link please! wai.gif

Well you know I would show up, and he would make some kind of excuse like having to go out walk his dog whistling.gif

I thought you went on holiday last time you referred to her in terms like that

SC

To be honest, I'm not sure I like this talk of introducing members to one another. It sounds a bit public school showers to me

SC

To be honest, I'm not sure I like this talk of introducing members to one another. It sounds a bit public school showers to me

If you like to imagine the other members as naked little boys that is up to you... I was envisaging something more like a state school scrap in the yard

If you like to imagine the other members as naked little boys that is up to you... I was envisaging something more like a state school scrap in the yard

I prefer not to imagine members at all.

It was enough to put me off structural engineering, so it was.

SC

Would be nice to see if the wife of a certain person really was as exotic as we keeping being told and having it pushed on uswink.png

• Like 1

SC

resist, resist, resist.........oh goddammit it's so hard to resist!!!!!

Edited by theblether

Would be nice to see if the wife of a certain person really was as exotic as we keeping being told and having it pushed on uswink.png

I'm an animal lover you know, there's someone for everyone.

post-132287-0-05978700-1335698020_thumb.

post-132287-0-05978700-1335698020_thumb.

I have seen that particular mongrel a couple of times around Asoke BTS being walked by its owner... he (the owner) is a strange chap... he is less than five feet tall and always wears full cricket whites (with an Oxford Brookes cricket club cap)... and lets just say his affectionate for the dog seems to go beyond the normal owner-pet relationship...

• Like 2

I have seen that particular mongrel a couple of times around Asoke BTS being walked by its owner... he (the owner) is a strange chap... he is less than five feet tall and always wears full cricket whites (with an Oxford Brookes cricket club cap)... and lets just say his affectionate for the dog seems to go beyond the normal owner-pet relationship...

What a lovely oriental breed. Its owner must be soooo proud of it!! smile.png

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

What a lovely oriental breed. Its owner must be soooo proud of it!! smile.png

Apparently it's exotic?

He wouldn't bring her - he'd rent a katoey with a moustache. She's part Portuguese after all. Or have I got the wrong fantasist?
  • Like 1

This thread seems to have drifted off into cat-breeding, so I'll offer my humble contribution...

My dear old mother had a Siamese pussy, but it had no sense, and it died in the traffic. I believe she had another, which went the same way. She subsequently got a half-Siamese mongrel which was better able to cope with the traffic.

Since then, she's made do with splay-toed farm cats and urban strays and cast-oiffs

SC

• Like 1