This Copy Of Ms Is Not Activated

djayz

... and my next IT related issue.

Every time I open a MS Office application I get the following message in a new window "This copy of MS is not activated" (error code: 0x8007232B).

I can't change the product key because I don't have one.

The laptop was purchased in BKK (in Sept. 2011) with MS Office pre-installed and I'm only getting this message/error reading for the last couple of days.

What should I do? How/where can I get a product key?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, most likely a pirated copy of Office. You can go back to the place you bought it (although, make sure everything important is backed up) or go buy a real copy online. Or uninstall it and install Open Office.

or now: LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all ...

You could try calling Microsoft and telling them you don't have your product code. I had to call them recently to activate Office 2010, and the consultant activated it over the phone no questions asked. Took all of 10 minutes. (It is a legitimate copy, which i was installing on a virtual machine, but it wouldn't activate as I had previously installed it on a PC. I had the plea that I wiped the PC and threw it out ready, but this didn't even come up.)

Haha...yeah, A PC purchased from a Thai computer dealer? Try calling Microsoft and post how that turns out. wink.png

You'd be surprised how well and professional mannered Microsoft call center is. If he bought a brand new machine and was duped in to believing it had office on it and it turned out to be fake, they do sometimes give you a free code. If you look closely in the activation section it has section about it.

Don't use cracks - you almost always open yourself up to malware/virus threats these days. I don't even bother with the Installers in Panthip. Any crack you DL will have some crap assoc with it.

Loads of great free stuff on the Internet, ah the beauty of the PC over Mac shines thru again...

ah the beauty of the PC over Mac shines thru again...

What's this beauty you speak of? That a Windows OS is so prohibitively expensive the the vast majority of users have to resort to cracks? That, in doing so, "you almost always open yourself up to malware/virus threats these days"? That you can only get fee stuff on the internet for PC's?

What are you on about? Who pays for an OS?! I have not ever paid for an MS OS. Always included on a PC for virtually nill and if not, yes we do have other "resources" in Asia. XP never required a crack, only a usable key.

There is loads of free, great software - free/shareware out there look for it Apple fanboi

BTW http://news.yahoo.com/apple-10-years-behind-microsoft-security-expert-says-213550746.html

• Like 1

I love how Windoze users always have to have their little insecurity-laden digs at the competition, then, as soon as a Mac user responds, they label them fanbois! The hypocrisy here is blinding! cheesy.gif

I am zero fanboi of Windows. I came to Windows in a very odd way and in fact was a Mac crusader back in 1991-4. Apple sucks on so many human levels it can only be rationalized as - oh works great, it has fantastic apps. It is a crappy company that will never see another baht of my money.

I'm struggling to move to Linux but they simply do not have the programs. I am trying to get away from Apple and Google as fast as possible, but they are the only games in town. That goes for Android OS as well. While it is most likely the next smartphone I buy, I am no longer a fan of Google either.

I may just load up Linux Mint and use a dumb phone.