Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Wife just had phone call from Embassy today enquiring if we had our sons British Passport, she replied no, because we need original documents to apply to Hong Kong, wife did ask if she got the visa and the ladies only reply was "well done". I hope that means a "yes", i guess we will know in a couple of days. Thats 5 weeks in total waiting time. Any thoughts? Blade . . . .

Wife just had phone call from Embassy today enquiring if we had our sons British Passport, she replied no, because we need original documents to apply to Hong Kong, wife did ask if she got the visa and the ladies only reply was "well done". I hope that means a "yes", i guess we will know in a couple of days. Thats 5 weeks in total waiting time. Any thoughts? Blade . . . .

I would have thought we would have had the sms saying passports had been despatced after initial contact from embassy one week on. Is this the norm?

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought we would have had the sms saying passports had been despatced after initial contact from embassy one week on. Is this the norm?
Visa granted! Thanks to all who helped.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Are there any recent updates? I notice the UKBA processing times page has not been updated from the June numbers:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/september/08-rules

We submitted 15 August and haven't heard anything..

wish you luck (itsgottabedone). we have applied also for two child settlement visa,s for uk on the 18/09/13 so we are 4 weeks behind your wait. keep us informed of your wait. thanks paul

• Like 1

Are there any recent updates? I notice the UKBA processing times page has not been updated from the June numbers:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/september/08-rules

We submitted 15 August and haven't heard anything..

wish you luck (itsgottabedone). we have applied also for two child settlement visa,s for uk on the 18/09/13 so we are 4 weeks behind your wait. keep us informed of your wait. thanks paul

3 weeks today wife got telephone call from embassy was interviewed for 40 mins on phone went through the whole application with her on the phone. is this norm and what happens next should we be waiting for decision and how long.

We applied on the 12th august and have heard nothing yet so fingers crossed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hudson75, our case was put to priority I think as of the circumstances .as it was a two children visa application suffering abuse . local uk mp supported the applications and my wife thinks they will be refused. not go to far into it. but just thought ide explain why you have waited longer than I.

I have been reading the forums hoping to find out waiting times and taking on board advice from questions. Thanks to those who supplied the answers.

Just to let you know my wife and I applied 18 July for UK settlement in Bkk.

Recieved passport back yesterday 8/10

..... Successful and the waiting has now finished. Heard while I was in transit in Muscat Oman having spent the previous 2 weeks calming my wifes frustration!!!

Looks like the full 60 days or 3 months as advised by VFS.

Now waiting for the plane to arrive.

Good luck to those waiting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thailand, Bangkok

2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 10 days ,15 days, 40 days, 60 days, 90 days, 120 days

Total decisions made Long Term Visit (more than 6 months 50% 51% 53% 68% 98% 100% 100% 100% 100%.... 436

Premium Visit (more than 6 months) 0% 0% 0% 22% 95% 100% 100% 100% 100%........45

General Visit (6 months or less) 18% 20% 21% 41% 98% 100% 100% 100% 100% ........3131

Business Visit (6 months or less) 51% 63% 66% 80% 99% 100% 100% 100% 100%...... 721

Family Visit (6 months or less) 7% 8% 11% 31% 95% 99% 99% 100% 100%.................. 206

Transit (6 months or less) 5% 5% 5% 32% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%..................... 34

Other Visit (6 months or less) 9% 10% 12% 35% 96% 100% 100% 100% 100% ..............368

Points Based System Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made PBS Tier 2 0% 0% 33% 83% 83% 100% 100% 100% 100% .....12

PBS Tier 4 44% 54% 57% 60% 95% 100% 100% 100% 100% 1139 PBS Tier 5 0% 20% 40% 80% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%...... 5

Other Non Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days

Total decisions made Student 0% 0% 0% 0% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%...... 3

EEA Family Permits 0% 9% 45% 63% 81% 100% 100% 100% 100%.................. 11

Other Non-Settlement 5% 11% 11% 17% 82% 100% 100% 100% 100%............. 17

Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made Settlement 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 98% 100% 100%......... 58

The above data is for all decisions made in August 2013

Latest figures from UKBA..............anyone know why it says only 3 student visas approved or are they applying under other categories too?

Edited by Rob180

• 2 weeks later...

just received an email notification:

UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on your visa application

That's exactly 10 weeks after the application date. Now the nervous wait for the courier. Is this normally a next day service?

fingers crossed for you .

• Like 1

We are on week 7 now so fingers crossed shoulnt be long

I was looking at a earlier post you posted and you say 12th august submitted application. and this post you say 7 weeks your waiting time so far. was it the 12th September ?. my step childrens application was posted on the 18th September so ill be only 6 days difference in our application submitted days. if yours was submitted 12th sept. . keep us informed of your progress hudson75 .regards

I put my wife's spouse application in last month and after reading this thread attempted use the "tracking service" despite using the correct URN and DOB format it came back invalid. My only thought would be as my application was put through Phnom Penh as my wife is Khmer. Anybody able to shed on light on this.

Hi Guys,

This is my very first post on this website. As there is very little information anywhere regarding spouse visa applications, I thought I'd make the effort to post something. Hopefully this will help some and also encourage others to make the effort in giving their experience to those who are also going through this.

Early this year my wife and I applied for a tourist visa and got it. She is Burmese by the way and I am British. After 4 months we had finalised the settlement visa so we returned back to Burma. Before leaving I looked at the UKBA's website to look for the most up to date processing times that had been achieved. The processing times said 2 days, which of course meant that they were processing the visa application in Yangon. We also got an email with the date and time that our visa application needed to be handed in after filling in the online application form.

On the day of our arrival I was feeling very happy that after such a long process that this part of my life was nearly over, no more worries and stress, back to a normal life. In any case, on our arrival they had decided at the UKBA office that the cost was know longer what they told us through email but rather £100 more as exchange rates had changed over the last couple of days. So be aware, UKBA can be a little like dodgy car sales men, always up for making a quick pound when possible. I guess you should expect nothing more. Finally we handed in everything and the final words was that they will be seeing us in 12 weeks time. I was confused and told them that on their website it stated in June 2013 which was their last date of showing their current processing time, that it was only 2 days to process. They looked a little confused and told me that it had all changed and they were know longer processing in Yangon, it's all going through the Bangkok office.

We handed in our application on the 9th October and are still waiting. It would be good to hear from those who have recently been granted the settlement visa in the recent months. Although the summer periods are busier due to students, I still encourage anyone who would like to share some information to share it for the benefit of others. Without websites like these, it would feel much more darker.

As has been said before all visas are in a queue in order of submission.. we submitted on september 10th and are still waiting so just be patient and wait as thats the only choice. If you read a post on page 137 it tells you the most recent waiting times

Hi Hudson75,

As there seems to be many applicants and I'm sure many people scan through this part of the website, I was inviting others to join in. In any case, you applied on the 10th September so providing you get yours back roughly around the 3rd of December, it will give me an idea of when they will finalise my wifes. I expect losing a week as the christmas period will be part of the 3 months.

I was just looking through some of the paper work of mine and noticed that the place that did my wifes TB test (the NHS hospital) got the date wrong. They wrote 10th November at the top of the page, indicating that the paper was sent on the 10th November which of course was impossible. They managed to get the correct dates right when her test was done and completed. Do you think the UKBA would punish us for this?

Hi Hudson75,

As there seems to be many applicants and I'm sure many people scan through this part of the website, I was inviting others to join in. In any case, you applied on the 10th September so providing you get yours back roughly around the 3rd of December, it will give me an idea of when they will finalise my wifes. I expect losing a week as the christmas period will be part of the 3 months.

I was just looking through some of the paper work of mine and noticed that the place that did my wifes TB test (the NHS hospital) got the date wrong. They wrote 10th November at the top of the page, indicating that the paper was sent on the 10th November which of course was impossible. They managed to get the correct dates right when her test was done and completed. Do you think the UKBA would punish us for this?

hi, I also are waiting . my wife submitted her kids settlement visa,s on the 18th sept its just a wait in the que. member (itsgottabedone) was only waiting 10 weeks the other week . im also looking forward to hudson75 update which should be in the couple of weeks I hope .

I would have thought that if it was put through VFS then it would be trackable.

They reply to my email today, apparently only applications made in Thailand can be tracked. Us Cambodian applicants just have to wait until we are contacted by our embassy. Would have been nice to know the documentation had been received at least.

18th October for me, I'll update when I get news but estimating Christmas if lucky.

Good luck everyone