Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to be efficient with key strokes to keep the scoreboard ticking over

... or we could more discrete with our stoke play ... the old argument of quality over quantity ... so when a new member stumbles across this thread they would be challenged to participate.

Remember boys ... this is Cricket, not Baseball ... we just don't swing at any ole' delivery.

post-104736-0-79805200-1339299765_thumb.

Air swings make us look incompentant to the opposition ... some quality stroke making please.

Another reminder of today's big question...

If Thailand without cricket is "Amazing Thailand", what will Thailand be with cricket?

The mind boggles.

Indeed, what is better than "Amazing"?

I am worried TAT have stumped themselves by not leaving much space for adjective upgrades

... or we could more discrete with our stoke play ... the old argument of quality over quantity ... so when a new member stumbles across this thread they would be challenged to participate.

Remember boys ... this is Cricket, not Baseball ... we just don't swing at any ole' delivery.

Air swings make us look incompentant to the opposition ... some quality stroke making please.

Cannot have the opposition having a correct impression of us can we.

We need to encourage the opposition to keep up the over rate...

...and of course we need to hit everything with the middle of the bat

...unless it is particularly short in which case better to let it go though to the keeper

...unless you feel that you can easily hit it beyond the infield for runs

...unless the opposition have fielders in catching positions on the boundary

...unless you are sure you can beat them with a huge six

...unless it is particularly short in which case better to let it go though to the keeper

...unless you are playing for a draw

...unless you are playing for a draw

Boss, why would we be playen for a draw. I've got me own....smile.png

What about a streaker smilley ?

Just checking, you do mean female streaker, right?

I was thinking about myself actualy . Feel the freedom .

when you get locked in that thai cell with 40 others they might feel the freedom.

If Thailand without cricket is "Amazing Thailand", what will Thailand be with cricket?

The mind boggles.

I am worried TAT have stumped themselves by not leaving much space for adjective upgrades

Amusing

SC

TV Cricket

On our knees with laughter

and the effects of strong drink

As shown by a video earlier in the thread, male streakers are not tolerated on the cricket field...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

We are referring to you using your initials of SC to protect your identity...

Is there another code name you would prefer?...

How about "That bloke over there, no, not the one in the Stetson, another bloke altogether. Certainly not that bloke running as fast as he can in the opposite direction..."

Anyway, I'm sure he'll take it in the good humour it was intended.

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

for the time being

Any shorter suggestions?

I was stalling for time to get a good head start...

SC

TV Cricket

Run quick, run early

The mind boggles.

Amusing

SC

TV Cricket

On our knees with laughter

and the effects of strong drink

They stil have Acute....

As shown by a video earlier in the thread, male streakers are not tolerated on the cricket field...

Set JT on him; he needs the exercise

In a purely professional manner, as our fitness coach

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

Sorry mate ... this is a family show.

hurry.gif

However, this may not cross that invisible line and be allowed by the 3rd Umpire

post-104736-0-18399600-1339300976_thumb.

Is she one of the staff of our sponsor SOThaiSpa 's establishment?

Sorry mate ... this is a family show.

hurry.gif

However, this may not cross that invisible line and be allowed by the 3rd Umpire

post-104736-0-18399600-1339300976_thumb.

Is she one of the staff of our sponsor SOThaiSpa 's establishment?

Definately one of SOThaiSpa 's establishment staff.

Ole' kevjohn has his knees full already.

Subtle use of Sponsors name did not go unnoticed ...

Imagine it is the last ball of the final over on the last day of a Test match and you are 255/9 (in your second innings) chasing down a target of 263 to win (and you are 94 not out).

If the final ball is pitched short, you should let it go through to the keeper and secure a draw for your team, rather than pulling the ball over square leg for six runs and your century (and risking defeat for your team).

Unless of course you hear the umpire call "no ball", after the ball is released by the bowler, then you should try to hit it for six and reach your century.

With the 1 run for the no ball you will have moved your team to 262/9, ensuring at least a draw (and even victory if you can score 1 run off the additional ball for the no ball).

Imagine it is the last ball of the final over on the last day of a Test match and you are 255/9 (in your second innings) chasing down a target of 263 to win (and you are 94 not out).

I<snip>

Thank you for talking about Cricket ... wai.gif

I would have replied but you didn't mention where our team was placed in the Test Series overall.

With regards to the name for the Thai cricket league, the best suggestion so far was kevjohn's proposal to call it the Thai Cricket League. Does anyone have any better ideas?...

What should we call the Thai cricket league?

Thailand Home Of Cricket League which could be called THC League for short. Then this could end up being known as the drug league

I

I would have replied but you didn't mention where our team was placed in the Test Series overall.

It is 2-2 and this is the 5th test

With regards to the name for the Thai cricket league, the best suggestion so far was kevjohn's proposal to call it the Thai Cricket League. Does anyone have any better ideas?...

Thailand Home Of Cricket League which could be called THC League for short. Then this could end up being known as the drug league

or should that be Thailand....home of Crickets League.

sorry getting hungry.

Edited by harrry

If the final ball is pitched short, you should let it go through to the keeper and secure a draw for your team, rather than pulling the ball over square leg for six runs and your century (and risking defeat for your team).

Unless of course you hear the umpire call "no ball", after the ball is released by the bowler, then you should try to hit it for six and reach your century.

With the 1 run for the no ball you will have moved your team to 262/9, ensuring at least a draw (and even victory if you can score 1 run off the additional ball for the no ball).

This is, of course, all metaphorical for a Thai Visa forum scenario...

If that will help us to attract GSK, Pfizer and other leading drug companies as sponsors, I agree.

I

It is 2-2 and this is the 5th test

We have an expression called 'Have a go ya mug'

So I would have taken the Glory Shot.

The no-ball call, if it was a bouncer above the batsman head would have to be called by the square leg umpire and he/she usually decides after the ball has been delivered.

Hence waiting for the initial no-ball ruling is not at issue.

Have a go ya mug .. would have echoed around the Dressing Room had I not have had strong knees!

Edited by David48

This is, of course, all metaphorical for a Thai Visa forum scenario...

Thanks Boss. Thought I was showing how dumb I was but I surpose you could already see that.