Cheap Rabies Shots In Pattaya/Jomtien?

Endorphin

Really hope you follow up There is not a lot of difference on the prices. In the UK just now a woman who got bit by a dog is S Asia is being treated for rabies.

The prices can vary quite a lot, just on this thread you can se people having paid from 50 baht to 1,200 baht per shot.

Agree about getting the vaccination though. Once you start to show symptoms of rabies it's too late and the disease is almost always fatal. The UK woman you mention is now dead.

Sophon

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I was bitten by a stray dog a couple of days ago and immediately went to Bamglamung Hospital thinking it would be the cheapest. I was charged 3490 baht for the vaccination and a tetnus shot!!!

I was given a paper with the shedule for my next 3 shots.

Does anyone think this prices includes the remaining shots or was I overcharged ?

When I go back should I query the price ?

Thankyou for any advice.

Zuba

Hi all

Just adding to the above post.

Turned out to be good value as they also gave me a booster vaccine directly

into the wound as an added precaution.

This treatment could of potentially saved my life so I have a lot

of gratitude for Banglamung.

Zuba

Anyways, i read somewhere recently that Thailand is rabies free

Thailand is no 3 in the world for rabies cases. (Google is your friend)

Can't see Thailand in the top ten on any list of rabies prevalent country, you will need to show me that one. I do see that it is not considered rabies free though, wish i could find that article now about the pet passport consideration as per my post that you conveniently snipped.

Hi All

I was bitten by a stray dog a couple of days ago and immediately went to Bamglamung Hospital thinking it would be the cheapest. I was charged 3490 baht for the vaccination and a tetnus shot!!!

I was given a paper with the shedule for my next 3 shots.

Does anyone think this prices includes the remaining shots or was I overcharged ?

When I go back should I query the price ?

Thankyou for any advice.

Zuba

I recently finished my course of Rabies Jabs, you have to pay each time you go for one, it was

quite expensive at the hospitals so i went to Clinics for the remainder of mine, I paid 500 bt per Injection.

Can't see Thailand in the top ten on any list of rabies prevalent country, you will need to show me that one. I do see that it is not considered rabies free though, wish i could find that article now about the pet passport consideration as per my post that you conveniently snipped.

Their is a massive dog population in Thailand - latest figure I can find is 2009 - 6.9 million (that's pets) god only knows total population with all the strays.

Info via Google on rabies in Asia follows:

An estimated 55,000 human deaths occur annually from rabies worldwide, with about 31,000 in Asia, and 24,000 in Africa.[37] One of the sources of recent flourishing of rabies in East Asia is the pet boom. China introduced the "one-dog policy" in the city of Beijing in November 2006 to control the problem.[56] India has been reported as having the highest rate of human rabies in the world, primarily because of stray dogs.[57] As of 2007, Vietnam had the second-highest rate, followed by Thailand; in these countries, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species).[58]

Human rabies:

" As of 2007, Vietnam had the second-highest rate, followed by Thailand; in these countries, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species)." (Wikipedia)

Learn to use google correctly.

Human rabies:

" As of 2007, Vietnam had the second-highest rate, followed by Thailand; in these countries, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species)." (Wikipedia)

Learn to use google correctly.

Saw that, i was hoping for something rather more up to date though.

Have spoken to the animal rabies centre in Bangkok,totally incredulous as supposedly Google or Wiki reports from years ago,just stupefied at these cry wolf theories (now that will start a scramble for Google no doubt)

Hi all

Zuba

I do not know the advantages of a booster straight into the wound would achieve,' ('cept more blood flow,likened to sucking out a rattlesnake venom .

Apart from saving your life (LOL) there is quite a lot of spare land around Banglamung hospital,perhaps pitching a tent outside the gates and being available for ultra emergency service for ingrowing toenail,or dandruff attack maybe in order

Now where is the Google button,up to date information please ....copy and paste posters only?

Have spoken to the animal rabies centre in Bangkok,totally incredulous as supposedly Google or Wiki reports from years ago,just stupefied at these cry wolf theories (now that will start a scramble for Google no doubt)

Hi all

Zuba

I do not know the advantages of a booster straight into the wound would achieve,' ('cept more blood flow,likened to sucking out a rattlesnake venom .

Apart from saving your life (LOL) there is quite a lot of spare land around Banglamung hospital,perhaps pitching a tent outside the gates and being available for ultra emergency service for ingrowing toenail,or dandruff attack maybe in order

Now where is the Google button,up to date information please ....copy and paste posters only?

Its an injection called "Human Rabies Immunoglobulin" or HRIG.

It provides immediate short term protection and is administered directly into the wound.

Here is a bit more info on it - http://access.health.qld.gov.au/hid/InfectionsandParasites/ImmunisationandVaccination/rabiesVaccineAndHumanRabiesImmunoglobulin_is.pdf

Hi all

Zuba

It provides immediate short term protection and is administered directly into the wound.

Here is a bit more info on it - http://access.health...globulin_is.pdf

That would be OK if there was half a chance the dog had rabies in the first place,which it was guaranteed not to have plus more importantly have you any Head and Shoulders shampoo? good for dandruff.

Hi all

Zuba

Here is a bit more info on it - http://access.health...globulin_is.pdf

That would be OK if there was half a chance the dog had rabies in the first place,which it was guaranteed not to have plus more importantly have you any Head and Shoulders shampoo? good for dandruff.

How can you possibly guarantee a dog in Thailand will not have rabies. Where did you get this documented information that Thailand has been declared free of rabies, especially given the countries on it's boarders.

What is it? Pattaya forum, or what? ...and not talking of boarders LOL,bit of bed and breakfast is it?,but if borders ,now I would probably differ on quote,not being a boarder in Pattaya though duh

OK a typo, If you are only referring to Pattaya/Chon Buri area, I again ask the question where is the data to support your post that the area is free of rabid dogs.

Don't have the numbers on me, but the various places are typically 300-600 Baht. One way to make it cheaper is to request an intern to stop by, not the vet. (this is assuming you're looking for an outcall rabies shot). It was something like 200 Baht a shot last time we called out the vet 'helper' a year or so ago.

:)

If you have a point to make then make it polity without name calling otherwise your post will be removed the fist time and you will get a warning or suspension the second time.

Personal attack removed also a quoted reply

@cockerdoodledo. There is an article in Bangkok Post Learning Section dated 02/2012, sourced from the Bangkok Health Research Centre, Bangkok Hospital that talks to the necessity of having a course of rabies shots if bitten by a dog in this country - forum rules are that I cannot provide the URL for the Bangkok Post site. The reason for following this up is I personally am of the opinion that it is dangerous to post a comment that it's not necessary to have a course of preventative rabies treatment in the event of a dog bite (in Pattaya?) as per your post #75. You, or other members of TV are welcome to dis-agreesmile.png

Edited by simple1

@cockerdoodledo. There is an article in Bangkok Post Learning Section dated 02/2012, sourced from the Bangkok Health Research Centre, Bangkok Hospital that talks to the necessity of having a course of rabies shots if bitten by a dog in this country - forum rules are that I cannot provide the URL for the Bangkok Post site. The reason for following this up is I personally am of the opinion that it is dangerous to post a comment that it's not necessary to have a course of preventative rabies treatment in the event of a dog bite (in Pattaya?) as per your post #75. You, or other members of TV are welcome to dis-agreesmile.png

Actually the broad sweep of statement concerning the stated disease can be found in any and all official public health notices around the world,and I personally take my latest updates from officials here on the ground that monitor and report the disease in the Kingdom,not from a publication that is cherry picked from a pup reporter, how old is the notification?

I also found this quote too on a box of Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts:

"Warning: Pastry Filling May Be Hot When Heated."

Bet your philosophical eye covered that PS wash your hands too,after every visit to the toilet LOL that too is covered in the public health notices

The topic is about cheap rabies shots not if it exists here or not.

It is only prudent to get rabies shots when you are bitten by a stray dog or cat in this country. Advice to the contrary is irresponsible.

Further off topic posts will be removed.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...