Dropped 1 Baht Coin...Do You Pick It Up?

eeeya

One baht? Serious question? I think not!

You are aware of who's head is on the 1 baht coin right? And you are saying you would leave it on the ground? Your actions would offend I think every Thai person in this country, and depending on your intentions, may in fact be illegal.

Nobody is going to take offence at an accidentally dropped coin ,purposely stomping on a coin to make a statement is another matter .....

Illegal to drop a coin ......cheesy.gif

That all depends if they think it was accidental or not. leaving it on the ground on purpose is undoubtedly offensive.

Edited by cdnvic
Removed inflamatory comment

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're a cripple, of course you should, just out of respect for all the poorer people around you.

As an extreme extension example, envision the rich old guy walkint through the slum throwing handfuls of coins for the kids to scramble for.

Yes I know I said extreme, but that's the fundamental attitude not bothering to stoop communicates.

Same as throwing rice away. . .

You are aware of who's head is on the 1 baht coin right? And you are saying you would leave it on the ground? Your actions would offend I think every Thai person in this country, and depending on your intentions, may in fact be illegal.

Nobody is going to take offence at an accidentally dropped coin ,purposely stomping on a coin to make a statement is another matter .....

I have found that at Thai funeral, they throw 1baht coins on the ground.

Then there is a made rush to see who can pick up the most.

Illegal....I think not.

I heard a story (dont know about the truth in it) about a foreign golfer playing against some thai ppl here in Thailand. There was a lost bet of 1000 baht and the foreigner in a fit of rage crumpled up the note and kicked it along the ground to the thai players.. the story continued on telling about police involvement, persons head on the note...etc etc...

but then ive seen the odd thai in 7/11 drop some one baht coins and walk off without picking them up.

It takes 1 second to pick up a 1 baht coin i.e. 60 Baht / minute, 360 Baht / hour. At that rate, it makes better business sense to pick up those dropped coins than what most people do for a living.

:rolleyes:

I have found that at Thai funeral, they throw 1baht coins on the ground.

Then there is a made rush to see who can pick up the most.

Illegal....I think not.

And at other parties too.. Though they do seem to object to picking up the Satangs.

It takes 1 second to pick up a 1 baht coin i.e. 60 Baht / minute, 360 Baht / hour. At that rate, it makes better business sense to pick up those dropped coins than what most people do for a living.

rolleyes.gif

i take it your not an accountant then ?whistling.gif

Certainly not much good at maths.

rolleyes.gif

What a difference a zero makes. :rolleyes:

About the only valid reason I can think of for not picking up a 1B coin in the street would be if it had fallen into some dog crap.

On average I find at least 10B per week in the street, often more.

rolleyes.gif

What a difference a zero makes. rolleyes.gif

And a sore back.....wink.png

rolleyes.gif

Don't forget to factor in the cost of hiring someone to follow you with a trolley to carry all the 1 baht coins that you need to drop on the ground and pick up. wink.png

There have been a couple of times when my wife has just about done a commando roll at the same time as almost pulling me off my feet to get to a one baht coin

Tom Tao.

This sounds like you're holding hands when walking with your wife. rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't risk it; you never know when some crazy motorcyclist will decide to take a shortcut on the pavement (never mind that you would be offering your head to all the scary bugs that lie in wait in the cracks)

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Like 1

I learned my lesson the hard way. Dropped a 1 baht coin and being a lazy bugger thought "<deleted> it" as it rolled away. Later on I wanted a smoke and found I'd left my lighter at home. Went to the 7, looked in my wallet. Shit no money. Went to the ATM next to the 7. Out of service. Rummaged around in my wallet and came up with, yep, you guessed it, 9 baht in coins.

• Like 1

If I drop 1 baht my girlfriend bends down to get it so quickly it lands on the back of her head - makes it easy for me to pick up.

laugh.png

What if you spent so much time and energy on picking up the offending coin, your social status dropped as well Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

If you are that worried about your 'social status', surely you'd be using an iphone? coffee1.gif

I dropped a 1 baht coin in 7/11 the other day, didn't think%2

Edited by DavidSL
  • Like 1

There have been a couple of times when my wife has just about done a commando roll at the same time as almost pulling me off my feet to get to a one baht coin

Tom Tao.

This sounds like you're holding hands when walking with your wife. rolleyes.gif

shhhh, don't tell no-one. unsure.png

On a related theme...you do know copper wire was invented in Thailand by two cheap charlie farangs fighting of a dropped 1 baht coin...rolleyes.gif

(apologies to our resident brethern who live/lived on the other side of Hadrians wall, and wear a dress, as this joke is usually directed at them, but had to try and make it topical)

On a related theme...you do know copper wire was invented in Thailand by two cheap charlie farangs fighting of a dropped 1 baht coin...rolleyes.gif

(apologies to our resident brethern who live/lived on the other side of Hadrians wall, and wear a dress, as this joke is usually directed at them, but had to try and make it topical)

No...thumbsup.gif