Tis Not A Good Weekend Thus Far

monty1412

I started with grand plans.. new dual sim phone, relaxing weekend and fix up a few things that needed to be done.

Alas to none it has come.

Went to Fortune Plaza to source a new dual sim phone.. none in size or make that I wanted so decided to get internet on my personal blackberry ( I have work BB that has intranet).

Lady at DTAC desk doesn't speak any English so my gf starts telling here what i want or rather telling her what she thinks I want.. long Thai conversations with paperwork being filled out.. leave DTAC with words " internet will be on in 15 minutes".

What bothered me at the time was that i kept asking my gf that all I wanted was internet capability added to my current DTAC personal number so on my personal BB I could check gmail etc.... reassurances that this would be the case... more thai conversations with lots of chai chai... ugh, ugh ugh mixed in for good measure.

So we leave and im less than happy or convinced that anything we set out to get was actually accomplished.

So 5 hours later , yes you guessed it, no internet and my phone number doesn't work. GF calls DTAC... they apologise and ask me to reboot phone.. still no go.. ask me to wait 1 hour more.. we wait.. nothing.. call again.. this time Im running out of good cheer and fellow spirit. I get to talk to a DTAC lady in English and I just tell her to cancel the whole thing... she says she will but will have to send me a bill. I ask (trying to keep calm) for what ??? she states for the internet service... at this stage Im ready to launch..

Long and short is my phone is still disconnected which is a real bitch as my Australian work number is diverted to this phone. Still trying to get this sorted.

Sunday morning.... ahh a new day.. up and at it.... home internet service not working.. looks like its a problem with TRUE server.. no matter have some errands to run so on the motorbike on with the helmet and gloves and off we go. Pop in at TESCO's for 10 minutes and yes you guessed it come back outside and helmet is stolen.... personally i believe that stealing someones helmet from a parked bike is one of the lowest things to do...

Come back home and gf start putting stuff in fridge, knocks the jar of Vegemite out and smashes it on the floor...

so there we have it boys and girls.. hows your weekend been hopefully better than mine...

Mid you i really hope I see the f#$kwit that took my helmet as it will juts be the perfect excuse to take out my pent up weekend frustration.

Yesterday the owner of the house we are renting infomed the missus that her son wants to move in and start a business from home, that means we have to look for another rental.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

no contract in place ?

Yes we have a contract, but this woman has been a pain in the proverbial from the begining, now she has asked us to leave it gives us an out.

Hit on OB out to the right on first hole, hooked the second one to the trees, took 4 to get from there to green.

Only had 2 pars and missed 3 more par putts ( one of which ended in a double )

Bad weekend

Hit on OB out to the right on first hole, hooked the second one to the trees, took 4 to get from there to green.

Only had 2 pars and missed 3 more par putts ( one of which ended in a double )

Bad weekend

Still better than a good day at work.coffee1.gif

have to go to the inlaws for lunch and was informed my mother in law wants me to meet my wifes grandma.

took me a minute to work out were going to the grave yard to visit the tomb stone...

Holy crap, the part about the Vegamite is serious, my comiserations mate, it's a sad loss.

Oh, the humanity....

But was it an accident by the GF...?

I like it, a conspiracy theory in the making, part of a larger picture perhaps? blink.png

Holy crap, the part about the Vegamite is serious, my comiserations mate, it's a sad loss.

Oh, the humanity....

But was it an accident by the GF...?

I like it, a conspiracy theory in the making, part of a larger picture perhaps? blink.png

Nothing can be ruled out at this stage.

The BIB have conducted an investigation and have ruled that it was vegicide, the jar of Vegemite jumped of its own accord and wasn't pushed, case closed.

hmmm...interesting...but what additional condiments and spreads were found in the room?

The BIB have conducted an investigation and have ruled that it was vegicide, the jar of Vegemite jumped of its own accord and wasn't pushed, case closed.

hmmm...interesting...but what additional condiments and spreads were found in the room?

An accusation has surfaced that the marmite pushed the vegemite off the shelf in a jealous rage, the marmite then paid the jam and butter to say they saw the vegemite jump.

• Like 1

Saturday was a 'I hate this bloody country' day. Mainly directions and peoples' inability to say they don't know what the other person is talking about. I wasn't involved in the discussions, just driving around in circles for 3 hours trying to find someone who had never been to Chiang Mai before and was giving directions to my hopeless at giving/receiving directions girlfriend. Also the sales guy in the local electronics store not knowing the price of a fridge I wanted to buy, then not bothering to find out for me.

Got hopelessly drunk Saturday night, which was good.

This morning was much better, took the money I didn't spend on a fridge to a friend's furniture store and picked up a load of very nicely made tables and chairs for half the price I was seeing elsewhere. And this afternoon, successfully bought not one, but two fridges.

Here's to not having any more money until Thursday.

A swim...a walk back home...in the sunshine...perhaps stop off for a pint....yes the day is looking very promising indeed!

Spot of Hammocking?

Yes had a quick half hour. I don't want to be spoiling myself. tongue.png

It does all ways seem to go in 3s you have my sympathy but do see in proportion and perhaps compared to even an average local.

Back in UK my work was closed by the council same day I seperated.My car written off in an accident had been taken to Clist And Rattles Garage in Avon awaiting repairs andthe insurance man,the exceptional snow caused the roof to collapse.

I got a new woamn job and the insurers were very generous so everything can turn out ok hard to see so at the time.If you visit me I'll give you a jar of Vegemite I keep in reserve for visiting Okkerettes

Edited by RubbaJohnny