Manchester United

redrus

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not having a pop at Rashford or ManU here but why wasn't Rashford booked for doing exactly as Sterling did at Bournemouth (2nd yellow and sent off)?

It's the inconsistencies of refereeing that pisses me off.

Screenshot_2018-03-11-16-48-52.png

He had a few tasty tackles also, Ref wasn’t having it ?

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

To me, it is that Jose does not trust his center half's.

Jose always defends first.  Attacking is an afterthought.  New centrebacks or not he'll still play a defensive system, and why should he change?  He's won so much doing the same thing.  It's just painful to watch.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not having a pop at Rashford or ManU here but why wasn't Rashford booked for doing exactly as Sterling did at Bournemouth (2nd yellow and sent off)?

It's the inconsistencies of refereeing that pisses me off.

Screenshot_2018-03-11-16-48-52.png

NOW it sounds like you are complaining.....?.

Not a second yellow...... this event was prior to his booking later on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Valencia handball - even both the Neville’s while in 2 different places said it was a pen 

What's clear is that he would have to have been Houdini to get his hand out of the way.

Hand to ball = penalty,

Ball to hand = NO PENALTY. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The clear handball by Valencia.

Those arm out away handballs seem to be drawing less and less penalty calls. Some are inadvertent, but some clearly not so.

Should be noted that Valencia is about as canny a footballer as they come.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's clear is that he would have to have been Houdini to get his hand out of the way.

Hand to ball = penalty,

Ball to hand = NO PENALTY. 

He stuck his hand out with his movement, maybe not intentional 

But defo pen

Edited by BangrakBob

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

NOW it sounds like you are complaining.....?.

Not a second yellow...... this event was prior to his booking later on.

You seem to have misunderstood my post so let me clarify.

I WAS complaining, about inconsistent refereeing.

My reference to a second yellow was a reference back to Sterling only.

Rashford should have been booked for going in to the crowd.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem to have misunderstood my post so let me clarify.

I WAS complaining, about inconsistent refereeing.

My reference to a second yellow was a reference back to Sterling only.

Rashford should have been booked for going in to the crowd.

Bob....... post #22554 was very clear.. you said you were not complaining, but every post since was a complaint.. ?

It was later when you made the valid criticism about inconsistent refereeing. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Bob....... post #22554 was very clear.. you said you were not complaining, but every post since was a complaint.. ?

It was later when you made the valid criticism about inconsistent refereeing. 

You are responding to my (Bredbury Blue) post #22569, yet your response gives the impression that you are responding to BangrakBob and to his post #22554. Confusing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Have to agree....the hand was out and diverted the direction of the ball.

I have seen them given.

I've seen them given too... wrongly. It's the reason why some defenders now put their hands behind their back in that situation to avoiding it happening.

But are we really saying that all defenders in the pen area should keep their hands behind their back at all times? 

^ yes it’s a bit daft when the ball is coming at you at high speed and your hands are naturally around your waist area. If your hands are flailing about above waist/head height then it can be a fair call. Difficult for the refs to make a snap decision.

2 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

^ yes it’s a bit daft when the ball is coming at you at high speed and your hands are naturally around your waist area. If your hands are flailing about above waist/head height then it can be a fair call. Difficult for the refs to make a snap decision.

Exactly, none of them was a penalty scousers finding excuses again.

Cannot accept they was schooled by a better manager who had his tactics spot on, all the talk is about the Injustice of United winning not about how we stopped the best strike force ever ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nev said:

Exactly, none of them was a penalty scousers finding excuses again.

Cannot accept they was schooled by a better manager who had his tactics spot on, all the talk is about the Injustice of United winning not about how we stopped the best strike force ever ?

Jeez you talk some <deleted>, no one has been complaining on here about injustices, it's fact of the game that we would discuss decisions within a game, they are talking points, whether you perceive them to be correct or not.

Tactical masterclass and schooled by a better manager, is laughable, you need to get of your pedestal there nev. 

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Jeez you talk some <deleted>, no one has been complaining on here about injustices, it's fact of the game that we would discuss decisions within a game, they are talking points, whether you perceive them to be correct or not.

Tactical masterclass and schooled by a better manager, is laughable, you need to get of your pedestal there nev. 

Not at all mate, Klopp has one way to play and if does not work he has no plan B, Mourinio has many systems and inside games he can change during the game.

All the talk all week was how many you was going to score and we had no chance, well apart from the own goal we gifted you we was well in control.

45 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

To be fair most of the media focus has been on the reffing decisions rather than any performances.

The fact is, in tight games between two big teams, referee controversies are always going to make the headlines over good defensive or tactical performances. But I think it is worth pointing out just how quiet Salah, Mane etc were kept... cos the media aren't going to do it!

All that aside, I thought Rashford's control / finish for the first goal was top drawer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nev said:

Not at all mate, Klopp has one way to play and if does not work he has no plan B, Mourinio has many systems and inside games he can change during the game.

All the talk all week was how many you was going to score and we had no chance, well apart from the own goal we gifted you we was well in control.

Mate we just had an off first half and a couple of mistakes we were made to pay for, that was it. This Plan B stuff is so last season, but you wouldn't know that if you didn't watch us beat teams in different ways regularly this season. We've only lost 4 all season, 1 less than you.

You say that about all this talk of how many we were going to score, but no one said that on here. 

You just have to look at United's home record under Mourinho, the chance of us getting anything were slim. 

To be honest I'm really not that bothered about losing this match, because for the first time in a long time we are moving forward, progressing, building something and we are generally entertaining to watch. I'd take a lose to United in favor of watching us week in week out play great football more often than not and moving in the right direction. You go on enjoying your 2 shot masterclass schoolings, like the one you gave Newcastle.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Mate we just had an off first half and a couple of mistakes we were made to pay for, that was it. This Plan B stuff is so last season, but you wouldn't know that if you didn't watch us beat teams in different ways regularly this season. We've only lost 4 all season, 1 less than you.

You say that about all this talk of how many we were going to score, but no one said that on here. 

You just have to look at United's home record under Mourinho, the chance of us getting anything were slim. 

To be honest I'm really not that bothered about losing this match, because for the first time in a long time we are moving forward, progressing, building something and we are generally entertaining to watch. I'd take a lose to United in favor of watching us week in week out play great football more often than not and moving in the right direction. You go on enjoying your 2 shot masterclass schoolings, like the one you gave Newcastle.

I see your telscopic sights arrived in one piece. :w00t:

• Haha 1

out smarted and totally played, apart from 2x incidents were (on target) shots were blocked with arms when defenders turned their backs (in my book that is a penalty) 

Sev did what they intended - hold out 0-0 until the last 10-15 mins and bring on someone that can score a goal and it worked, it caught manu off guard, by that time they should have been 2 goals up but wasted so many opportunities

Before Mou I thought Felllani was a waste of space then I changed my mind when Mou arrived - he seemed to step up but after his performance tonight and his last game - I'm back to thinking he is a waster and Pogba wasn't much better, I was actually thinking at one point - can a club sue a player for not performing as they are expected or have done in the past 

and what was Rashford doing on the right when his strength is clearly on the left

all in all a total (deleted) up 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

And then for some bizarre reason decided to mention Liverpool don’t have the FA Cup in a CL post match interview against a Spanish team. ?

Sevilla, I think they came second in our group ?

Yes, but you couldn't beat them either. They are a very savvy and experienced side; serial winners of the Europa League, you may recall.

What is the chance the manager ends up at an English club?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Yes, but you couldn't beat them either. They are a very savvy and experienced side; serial winners of the Europa League, you may recall.

What is the chance the manager ends up at an English club?

True, we threw away a 3 goal away lead in a group match, total different to type of match. We would have won on away goals and I cant remember the previous result, I’ve gone blank ?

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

We lost the tie in the first leg not going for an away goal, plus add in this tie take out Mctomminey who has been excellent put in donkey Fellaini who hasn't played much, switch Rashford to the right when he tore Liverpool apart on the left so to accommodate a average Sanchez who has not settled I yet, and also dropping our most creative player in Mata.

Positives- Lukaku put in a good shift, Negatives- Pogba needs binning his attitude is shocking he is like a sulking spoilt brat.

And yes Bob glad we managed to make you lot smile again been a tough week with Sir Ken passing away RIP, and Jammie losing it with a goading dick head of Dad, fancy doing that infont of your 14 year old daughter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm confused. I'm sure I heard Jose say the other day that there is no difference between finishing 2nd or 4th in the PL and so the priority is CL :tongue:

Not allowed a twelth man in the CL:wink:

DYNBDWHXcAAhjCK.jpg

• Haha 1

“I sit in this chair twice in the Champions League and I knock out Man United at home, at Old Trafford,” Mourinho said.

“I sit in this chair with Porto, Man United out, I sit in this chair with Real Madrid, Man United out, so I don’t think it’s something new for the club.”