Manchester United

redrus

<P class=first>:D

Wayne Rooney has admitted he lost control when he swore into a live TV camera after scoring against West Ham at Upton Park, and that it was wrong. The Manchester United striker, 25, was banned for two matches by the Football Association and must sit out Saturday's FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City.

"I didn't realise what I'd done," he told talkSPORT. "It was just emotions."

Rooney also thinks his team-mate Ryan Giggs should be knighted, and laughed off a storm over a split with sponsors.

After helping United into the Champions League last four when a 3-1 aggregate victory over Chelsea was completed on Tuesday, Rooney - who previously indicated he felt victimised for the punishment - conceded his conduct in east London on 1 April was unacceptable.

"It was a release of scoring the three goals to get us back in the game," he said. "As soon as I realised after the game I apologised as soon as I could.

"Of course, it was wrong of me to do.

"But I accept my punishment and you just have to move on. Hopefully the boys can pull through for me on Saturday, and hopefully get to that FA Cup final."

Rooney - who was superb in the two European matches against Chelsea which fell either side of the Fulham league game he missed through suspension - also admits to being bewildered at the fuss created by a parting of the ways with former sponsors Coca-Cola.

Press speculation claimed he was dropped after the swearing incident, but England international Rooney says they ended their relationship last year.

"I spoke with Coke towards the end of last season about signing a new deal and, with the Olympics coming up, they wanted a bit more of my time to do more commercial appearances," he said.

"I just didn't have the time to do it.

"This all happened at the end of last season - so I haven't been with Coca-Cola since 2010, but it's only just come out now. It makes me laugh when people say I have been dropped by them."

I hope Rooney's comments finally put a lid on the one-eyed comments about his behaviour having been no different from what happens every weekend in the EPL. What a shocking load of tripe that all was.

Edit: his control (of the ball) last night was spectacular. His crossfield long-balls, including the one that set up the first goal, were pure Scholes at his best.

Edited by SantiSuk

Hallo fans and friends,

well done Schalke 04! Two convincing victories over the reigning Champions League winner is extraordinary. Schalke should change the name in Schalke 7:3!

After those victories I think Schalke can already prepare for the final. Their british opponent should not pose any problems. I heard rumors that there is already an atmosphere of fear in Manchester when somebody only whispers the name of allmighty Schalke. And Old Alex has already some sleepless nights thinking of the elimination of his team in the semis.

What did this UK city team achieve in the Champions League? A win over Chelsea: Big deal. My Hamburg team did that already in August last year.

European teams are another category. How was it last year? Who advanced to the semis in the match against Bayern Munich?

Tschues to the team of the city of Manchester ...

Hallo fans and friends,

well done Schalke 04! Two convincing victories over the reigning Champions League winner is extraordinary. Schalke should change the name in Schalke 7:3!

After those victories I think Schalke can already prepare for the final. Their british opponent should not pose any problems. I heard rumors that there is already an atmosphere of fear in Manchester when somebody only whispers the name of allmighty Schalke. And Old Alex has already some sleepless nights thinking of the elimination of his team in the semis.

What did this UK city team achieve in the Champions League? A win over Chelsea: Big deal. My Hamburg team did that already in August last year.

European teams are another category. How was it last year? Who advanced to the semis in the match against Bayern Munich?

Just some curious questions..

Seeing's as you're a Fan of a different German Club, why do you feel the need to back other Clubs, who i'd assume to be your rivals, just because you are playing an English Club ??

Does your domestically rivalry dissapear then ??

I like the Bundesliga, i like Schalke too & i love Farfan, Raul & the GK, i despise Hamburg though as i hate the Horse, Van Der Vaart ( the connection ) & Huntellar, 3 of the most arrogant Footballers on the Planet.

& what are you talking about with regards to Hamburg beating Chelsea ??

Do you mean in a Pre Season Tournamnet or something ??

Sorry, what are you all talking about? :unsure:

My dear friend Carmine,

I am so sorry that you aparently did not get the matter. This is a thread about Manchester United and the subject is the forthcoming match between that team and the German side Schalke 04 in the semi finals of the Champion League.

Capice now?

My dear friend Carmine,

I am so sorry that you aparently did not get the matter. This is a thread about Manchester United and the subject is the forthcoming match between that team and the German side Schalke 04 in the semi finals of the Champion League.

Capice now?

So who does John Wayne play for?

My dear friend Carmine,

Capice now?

Sunday league for the Coach and Horses

Ah yes i remember you!

You only post when ANY german side reaches a semi final or a FINAL.:whistling:

Now its Schhhhhalkkkkeeeee

I wil say the stadium and fanbase there in GelsenkIrchen IS fantastic and i am sure they will be glad of your support.

Yes a good side who will make it very difficult for Alex to sleep :D i think i saw him sleeping atthe game last night :P

I think it will be a tough game but no more so than the Chelsea games and feel confdent that we can score in the first match.

Seeing's as you're a Fan of a different German Club, why do you feel the need to back other Clubs, who i'd assume to be your rivals, just because you are playing an English Club ??

I like the Bundesliga, i like Schalke too & i love Farfan, Raul & the GK, i despise Hamburg though as i hate the Horse, Van Der Vaart ( the connection ) & Huntellar, 3 of the most arrogant Footballers on the Planet.

Dear Mr. Singh,

Nice mail from you. Let me answer as follows.

- Support of Schalke: Let me answer with a question: Whom do you think will hundreds of thousands of citizens of the British Kingdom support when it comes to that match? Will it be only the supporters of the Manchester team? And supporters of The Gunners, The Reds et all will support Schalke? Do you really think so? It would be fine with me.

- You write you “despise” Hamburg. Have you ever been in one of the most beautiful cities of the world? If not, worth a visit!

- Hamburg players: I know of the previous “Mighty Mouse” but am at present not aware of “The Horse”, a Hotspurs player (beautiful wife he has) and Jan-Claas “The Hunter” as being member of the Hamburg squad.

- Hamburg win: Maybe you look again at the calendar of 4th August 2010 when Hamburg put away Chelsea by 2 : 1.

Have a nice day!

I'll let you into a secret Lotus. United aren't from Manchester. But keep that to yourself will ya ;)

Thanks Mr. Bojangles. See, I knew it, I knew it, they will play Newton Heath LYR Football Club. Or am I wrong again?

Ah yes i remember you!

You only post when ANY german side reaches a semi final or a FINAL.:whistling:

Now its Schhhhhalkkkkeeeee

I wil say the stadium and fanbase there in GelsenkIrchen IS fantastic and i am sure they will be glad of your support.

Yes a good side who will make it very difficult for Alex to sleep :D i think i saw him sleeping atthe game last night :P

I think it will be a tough game but no more so than the Chelsea games and feel confdent that we can score in the first match.

Ah no, Mr. Red, you did not remember me.

I even had my own thread about the Hamburg team.

So, now you remember!

My dear friend Carmine,

Capice now?

Dear Carmine,

as far as I remember, and please forgive me if I am wrong as I am not a subject of HM, there is a player with the name of Wayne in one of the numerous Manchester teams playing in the PL. Is it the possibility that I got the first name wrong?

:rolleyes: As i said i remember YOU!

Maybe you would not remember me .....as i am quite new here. ;)

Yes, Mr. Red, you are right. Since the many years I am member of this elusive "club" I have seen so many participants come and go. I really can not remember every newcomer. I am so sorry.

Dear Mr. Singh,

Nice mail from you. Let me answer as follows.

- Support of Schalke: Let me answer with a question: Whom do you think will hundreds of thousands of citizens of the British Kingdom support when it comes to that match? Will it be only the supporters of the Manchester team? And supporters of The Gunners, The Reds et all will support Schalke? Do you really think so? It would be fine with me.

- You write you "despise" Hamburg. Have you ever been in one of the most beautiful cities of the world? If not, worth a visit!

- Hamburg players: I know of the previous "Mighty Mouse" but am at present not aware of "The Horse", a Hotspurs player (beautiful wife he has) and Jan-Claas "The Hunter" as being member of the Hamburg squad.

- Hamburg win: Maybe you look again at the calendar of 4th August 2010 when Hamburg put away Chelsea by 2 : 1.

Have a nice day!

1 ) I don't know, i doubt if many non Man United Supporters would support a Team who they generally don't like week in week out though, that would be called hypocricy..

2 ) I have been to Hamburg yeah, i shagged myself silly & thought it was a sh*thole..

3 ) The Horse is Van Nistelrooy. He looks like a Horse, on a good day..

4 ) Oh yes, now i see it..It was a Pre Season Friendly a week before the Charity Shield that you beat Chelsea 2-1..Very impressive Lotus Beetle yeah, you should be very proud of winning a Pre Season Game. :unsure:

2 ) I have been to Hamburg yeah, i shagged myself silly & thought it was a sh*thole..

Hamburg is beautiful city, really beautiful MS mate, might I suggest that you were in the right/wrong part of town, without maybe seeing the rest.....?

redrus

Hamburg is beautiful city, really beautiful MS mate, might I suggest that you were in the right/wrong part of town, without maybe seeing the rest.....?

I think he only went to the car park ;):D

You done a German bird :o youv'e certainly gone down in my expectations Singher, while there might be a few sorts knocking about, i generally think of german birds as being shot putters or something similar, the mind boggles :D

Ok then Mr Bo j where are Newton Heath LYR from?

Ignorance is bliss hey?

maybe chachacha woul like to impart his Manchester knowledge on who was the first team in Manc land,but history does not lie.

Newton Heath is not in Manchester is it,that will be the next one. :D