Manchester United

redrus

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted there are unlikely to be further new faces before the Community Shield at Wembley on 14th August, and Gill confirmed that any arrival will not be occurring in the coming days.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What a dipstick SAF is. The Community Shield is the 7th August, your at West Brom on the 14th. I really hope he's not in charge of transport bookings as well.

that's just what the league thinks boj. mister ferguson hasn't signed off his approval of the fixture list yet so it's not official. ;)

:lol: Aaah yes. Silly me.

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted there are unlikely to be further new faces before the Community Shield at Wembley on 14th August, and Gill confirmed that any arrival will not be occurring in the coming days.

What a dipstick SAF is. The Community Shield is the 7th August, your at West Brom on the 14th. I really hope he's not in charge of transport bookings as well.

You might have to cut SAF some slack for not getting overwhelmed with a meaningless match we play in every year or two - however I understand your following it like a hawk, and the build up to it, like it's a chance to win your 2nd trophy in 35 years.

You might have to cut SAF some slack for not getting overwhelmed with a meaningless match we play in every year or two - however I understand your following it like a hawk, and the build up to it, like it's a chance to win your 2nd trophy in 35 years.

it's fine james. I'm sure West Brom will happily take the 3 points whilst Fergie and his babes are running out of the tunnel at an empty Wembley.

They are sill wanting more season ticket sales .Then there will be no value in the market . Makes you wonder where the 150mil is . They haven't spent anything . The 3 average prospects they have signed so far was signed on the never never . The wage bill has been massively reduced so it looks like more to pay the debt interest. The con is still on

Anyone who thinks that ManU are financially distressed because they have some debt cant read a P&L or a cash flow statement.

All SAF is saying is that the real bargains will only emerge at the 11th hour of the transfer window. I get the impression that there are lots of transferable players out there but lots of clubs with unrealistic expectations of transfer fees given the wages they have crazily allowed players to expect (Arsenal excepted on the wages front). If the poker game collapses, next season could be a highwater mark for top teams fielding players who don't really want to be where they are (Fab, Nasri, Modric, Tevez, etc)

Jack Barmby helps United to a 4-1 victory over Hartlepool at the Milk Cup with a brilliantly taken individual effort.

Jack is a son of former England international Nick Barmby.

The win over Hartlepool secures Manchester United's place in the semi-finals of the youth tournament.

United 4-1 Hatlepool

Manchester United romped to a 7-0 win over County Tyrone in Tuesday night's Premier Section match in the Milk Cup.

James Wilson, Gyliano van Velzen, Joe Rothwell (2), Jack Barmby, Kenji Gorre and Jack Rudge were on target in the Coleraine Showgrounds rout.

0-7

Lol!

I think most of the thai visa faithful are actually scared about commenting on this story above,after seeing the videos i am not surprised!! :lol:

WHERE is that United in decline thread again?

That Barmby kid looks a bit special doesn't he! ;)

Not having a pop here, but do you get the feeling that the media want this to be Fergie's last season?

Regadless of the media's knives, he's going to go eventually, so any feelings on who it might be to replace him - would it be David Gill or the Yanks (or Sir Blobby?) who'd pick the replacement?

I can't wait until it happens - whatever one thinks of Fergie, he's going to be a bastard to replace, figuratively and literally.

For some reason when I clicked on the United link, it took me straight to this comment by a much missed ol sparring partner 'Bredbury Blue"... I thought it was a recent post, then looked at the date and realised, that's 5/6 years ago and he's (Fergie's) still there, barking out orders and building new teams........

Bred's right though, he can't go on forever but every year that passes my complete amazement and honest adoration and respect of the iron man grows. Enigma is word for him....

ISAFWT.... :jap:

redrus

2-1 win, not that it was on true as their big ad in their magazine stated_amateurs showing mls soccer instead of our match with barca that I understand was pretty lively despite the scoreline.

James just in the process of getting true for the forthcoming season(still thinking) always put it off mainly due to the terrible reports from most subscribers.

I have looked and the silver package at around 1500 a month is the best for the footie,what are the other payments? any info(up to date)would be appreciated as to the pros and cons of their service and reliability!

Red, get the gold for football as we are often on tsp 3, not only 1. Gold will cost 1600, you will likely have to make a deposit for the box unless they have a promo on, get a thai to call true to inquire and save yourself the aggrivation. If you pay for your subscrib for the entire year you geta month free.

Red, get the gold for football as we are often on tsp 3, not only 1. Gold will cost 1600, you will likely have to make a deposit for the box unless they have a promo on, get a thai to call true to inquire and save yourself the aggrivation. If you pay for your subscrib for the entire year you geta month free.

Yes Cheers James,thought the gold would be the option,1,412 baht a month(155.15 service charge),do you have to pay 155 baht on top(monthly fee) a month also?

It is free at the moment for first service point promotion*

There are also some figures at the bottom of the page that i am not sure have to be paid monthly or just a one off when you first subscribe:

282.48 baht

490 baht

I think just one time,i will ask again this week at the true shop,thanks for the info! wink.gif My Mrs will deal with it but all the bad press about the service means i need to be up to scratch about the what if scenario,i think it is a 6 month minimum contract?

James just in the process of getting true for the forthcoming season(still thinking) always put it off mainly due to the terrible reports from most subscribers.

I have looked and the silver package at around 1500 a month is the best for the footie,what are the other payments? any info(up to date)would be appreciated as to the pros and cons of their service and reliability!

Get the Gold package 1,548 Baht month - all the top games are televised live and the very top games like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, are usually repeated on Monday and others through the week (without the half time break). I get True mainly for football and compared to back home it's a bargain, where many games on TV are ppv. There's the top Spanish games and Serie A if you're into those. When you consider 30 quid wouldn't get you into one of the top grounds, to see all the games you want for 30 quid is a bargain.

For me every other channel is just a bonus. smile.gif

The downside is the half time talk - unfortunately it's three Thai guys and even if you understand Thai, it's not quite the same. sad.gif

Get the Gold package 1,548 Baht month - all the top games are televised live and the very top games like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, are usually repeated on Monday and others through the week (without the half time break). I get True mainly for football and compared to back home it's a bargain, where many games on TV are ppv. There's the top Spanish games and Serie A if you're into those. When you consider 30 quid wouldn't get you into one of the top grounds, to see all the games you want for 30 quid is a bargain.

The downside is the half time talk - unfortunately it's three Thai guys and even if you understand Thai, it's not quite the same. sad.gif

Ups, if you upgrade to HD you get a so called english expert (Curbishley,Burley, )talking before, Ht and after the game plus goals from all the games at half time etc,also other bits during the week pen.gif

Ups, if you upgrade to HD you get a so called english expert (Curbishley,Burley, )talking before, Ht and after the game plus goals from all the games at half time etc,also other bits during the week pen.gif

Cheers Alfie, but I think I'll save the dosh and make tea at half time.....or listen to the half time report on the radio, from you know where. wink.gif

Well, i got my Mrs to call and inquire about upgrading to HD. Reply was Sorry - we are out of equipment.

Wesley Sneijder WILL become a Manchester United player this week... if he accepts a restructured pay-deal to move to the Premier League.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sneijder doesn't want to take a pay-cut on a salary that would earn him the equivalent of almost £190,000 a week in the Premier League - which is way outside United's pay structure.The English champions though, are prepared to talk about a sliding pay scale that will see a large basic wage topped up with generous bonuses as well as signing-on fees that will be spread over the length of the contract.

That would almost match his contract with Inter, and, given that United players can earn large sums through image rights - which are less effective at other European clubs - it would appear a compromise could be reached.

Both clubs were cagey about the situation yesterday, with Inter officials confirming there had been a formal bid from England, and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson suggesting the player had to think about his club's offer.

Ferguson held talks with United chief executive David Gill about the prospect of an improved salary package for Sneijder that would not break the club's wage structure, and there was optimism a deal could be struck.

The player's agent is expected to fly into London before the weekend, and United are hoping to have the Holland international training with the squad in time for the start of the Premier League season a week on Saturday.

Inter had considered a part exchange deal, with Dimitar Berbatov moving the other way, but while they haven't ruled that out completely they have indicated they would prefer the cash up front, with an option to negotiate on striker Berbatov separately.

Wesley Sneijder WILL become a Manchester United player this week... if he accepts a restructured pay-deal to move to the Premier League.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sneijder doesn't want to take a pay-cut on a salary that would earn him the equivalent of almost £190,000 a week in the Premier League - which is way outside United's pay structure.The English champions though, are prepared to talk about a sliding pay scale that will see a large basic wage topped up with generous bonuses as well as signing-on fees that will be spread over the length of the contract.

That would almost match his contract with Inter, and, given that United players can earn large sums through image rights - which are less effective at other European clubs - it would appear a compromise could be reached.

Both clubs were cagey about the situation yesterday, with Inter officials confirming there had been a formal bid from England, and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson suggesting the player had to think about his club's offer.

Ferguson held talks with United chief executive David Gill about the prospect of an improved salary package for Sneijder that would not break the club's wage structure, and there was optimism a deal could be struck.

The player's agent is expected to fly into London before the weekend, and United are hoping to have the Holland international training with the squad in time for the start of the Premier League season a week on Saturday.

Inter had considered a part exchange deal, with Dimitar Berbatov moving the other way, but while they haven't ruled that out completely they have indicated they would prefer the cash up front, with an option to negotiate on striker Berbatov separately.

My auntie would be my uncle IF.................

So, in other words, theres absolutely no change in the situation. :rolleyes:

Edited by carmine

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My auntie would be my uncle IF.................

So, in other words, theres absolutely no change in the situation. :rolleyes:

Seems Mr Red face ;) read the same Mirror article I did this morning. :lol:

Yep James,but there is a lot of truth in it and i would say that if he wants to join us he will this week .

If not we can settle for that scouser wink.gif

scouser ? Gerrard? let's see what happens with WS. City will probably offer to pay him 400k a week just to have him not join us.

Yep James,but there is a lot of truth in it and i would say that if he wants to join us he will this week .

If not we can settle for that scouser wink.gif

scouser ? Gerrard? let's see what happens with WS. City will probably offer to pay him 400k a week just to have him not join us.

Joey Joey, wink.gif i think WS will join us this week.

Have just found out that FA Community Shield match on Sunday v Man City is being shown on True Sport HD2. That is a complete joke considering all those who are unable to get the new HD channels will not be able to see it in HD. This company at times really do take the p***.

I've have written a strong letter of complaint as to why it will not be shown on True Sport HD1. If enough of you with HD do the same then who knows, they may switch it. Failing that, it will have to be Channel 101 which after having watched footie in HD for a season is like going back to black and white TV. Shocking stuff.

C'mon the Reds!

If they continue to do this type of thing (offering matches on channels I can't get cause they ran out of equipment) I will unsubscribe.

I think you misunderstand. The match will be shown on regular True Sport Channel for Gold subscribers and up. What emubob is complaining about is them not showing on regular HD but on the new HD extra service that requires an extra premium to be paid. If i am understanding correctly...