Manchester United

redrus

There are too many candidates from the ex-players stock and it does need him to stay to guide them which really means he will still be the main man.

The time will come as a few of the meercats have said when he leaves the club or is incapable of putting in the hours and effort that managing United needs,that will be an interesting time for all in football,you can see the headlines now!!!

What he has done is turn United into a well oiled machine that will keep churning and pumping,it will be very interesting to see the actual difference on the pitch without his input.

Mourinho at some stage will manage united even if he goes to City first,the job after Fergie leaving will be the biggest challenge ever in football management and he would never turn it down.

Brian Clough..............

King Kenny..........

Ultimately KK talks alot about free flowing football and 4-2-3-1's etc but KK's tactics have spanked of route one football all season. Kk needs a new pair of glasses and a reality check. He must be severely undermining his own credibility with their owners with the comments he's coming out with and infact has been doing for a while now. The most recent over the Suarez disallowed goal for handball was utterly cringeworthy.

• Like 1

There are too many candidates from the ex-players stock and it does need him to stay to guide them which really means he will still be the main man.

The time will come as a few of the meercats have said when he leaves the club or is incapable of putting in the hours and effort that managing United needs,that will be an interesting time for all in football,you can see the headlines now!!!

What he has done is turn United into a well oiled machine that will keep churning and pumping,it will be very interesting to see the actual difference on the pitch without his input.

Mourinho at some stage will manage united even if he goes to City first,the job after Fergie leaving will be the biggest challenge ever in football management and he would never turn it down.

The thought of Mourinho at United i find abhorant enough. Now you are talking about him possibly managing City first before he comes to us?! My god! What a sickening thought! I pray you are wrong.

As for Mourinho being up for a challenge, i don't think his history of club choices makes a convincing argument for that. Has he ever taken a job in which he was not effectively given a blank cheque book with which to sign whomever he pleased?

The thought of Mourinho at United i find abhorant enough. Now you are talking about him possibly managing City first before he comes to us?! My god! What a sickening thought! I pray you are wrong.

As for Mourinho being up for a challenge, i don't think his history of club choices makes a convincing argument for that. Has he ever taken a job in which he was not effectively given a blank cheque book with which to sign whomever he pleased?

I think the thing with Mourinho is that he won all that silverware with Porto and thats what people tend to have etched in the back of their mind, be it a long time ago. Obviously blank cheques ever since. i doubt he'll ever take a "risk" and go somewhere to prove himself again, he'll take the easy option. (Man City?)

Mourinho is far too arrogant and much too concerned about his legacy to take on a challenge like rebuildind a team, overviewing a transition. He after 8m a year salary and unlimited spending.

Edited by carmine

I think the thing with Mourinho is that he won all that silverware with Porto and thats what people tend to have etched in the back of their mind, be it a long time ago. Obviously blank cheques ever since. i doubt he'll ever take a "risk" and go somewhere to prove himself again, he'll take the easy option. (Man City?)

Mourinho is far too arrogant and much too concerned about his legacy to take on a challenge like rebuildind a team, overviewing a transition. He after 8m a year salary and unlimited spending.

Completely agree.

Even at Porto he had the luxury of managing the team in the domestic league with the most spending power. His one and only (don't worry, i'm not about to break into a Chesney Hawkes number) stand-out achievement for me was that Champions League success, but the manner in which he managed it wasn't much to be proud of.

Blue moon you started singing to soon

you thought it was won

when you beat us 6-1

has a great sound to it being sung around the UNITED arena in the coming up derby.

• Like 1

Seems like the only refrain City will be able to draw on is (to the tune 'your $hit and you know you are') is:

You'll be $hit, and you know you will

you'll be $hit, and you know you will

in two years, and you know you will

make that 5, and you know you will

repeat

Very disappointing for us non-Mancs that it looks like they can't give you a run for your money

Very pleasing that a team that can outbid for every position on the park still can't buy the title. Football is about to have the last laugh.

• Like 1

If we win our next two games against blackburn and qpr we will be 8 points clear before city play at arsenal, now can city handle that kind of preasure knowing nothing less than a win the tittle could be over.

One game at a time for us, thats the way fergie normally plays it, we have a s**t record at blackburn mainly due to times of the season we have played them fergie resting players as we are normally going for more than one trophy, well no need to rest anyone so expect nothing more than the strongest starting 11.

Mr red yoiu have pm.

When I saw the team sheet 30 minutes before the game tonight I thought what is going on ? WHY would you change a winning team where Ashley Young and Valencia have been setting the place alight with their forays down the flanks. In my opinion, which I have posted a few times, Phil Jones a tremendous prospect, maybe a future United captain, but he is NOT a midfielder.United totally disjointed in the first half,with nothing down the left flank and still in the game at half time thanks to De Gea.As is the United way leave it to the last 10 minutes and United's goal of the season from TV. Please SAF no more rotation, one game a week for these playes is a doddle . And if anybody thinks the premiership is over, apart from Mancini, think again. Sunderland is the last game, anyone think that's easy and still City to play and hopefully there is a strong ref that game could really erupt into a red card bonanza.

I think if you ask any City fans,they will tell you that there season will be over if they dont get a win against Arsenal. wink.png

We played well in patches the first half and it was only a matter of time before we scored going into the last 20 minutes,Hernandez was isolated in the centre to much and Rovers closed the space down through the middle very well,good substitution by SAF at the right time to bring Giggs and Young on for the extra penetration down the wings,four straight clean sheets is impressive at this time of the season and most teams can't handle our dominant midfield pairing.

A win before City play Arsenal on Sunday will be like a dagger in the heart to all the bitters.

Citys cracking up clap2.gif

• Like 1

I think if you ask any City fans,they will tell you that there season will be over if they dont get a win against Arsenal. wink.png

We played well in patches the first half and it was only a matter of time before we scored going into the last 20 minutes,Hernandez was isolated in the centre to much and Rovers closed the space down through the middle very well,good substitution by SAF at the right time to bring Giggs and Young on for the extra penetration down the wings,four straight clean sheets is impressive at this time of the season and most teams can't handle our dominant midfield pairing.

A win before City play Arsenal on Sunday will be like a dagger in the heart to all the bitters.

Our fans where brilliant last night,,7000 pissed up reds, mainly lads and not many tourist by all accounts.

Great win, De gea top notch again, Ferdinands tackle brilliant, and two excellent well taklen goals, not over yet one game at a time.

When I saw the team sheet 30 minutes before the game tonight I thought what is going on ? WHY would you change a winning team where Ashley Young and Valencia have been setting the place alight with their forays down the flanks. In my opinion, which I have posted a few times, Phil Jones a tremendous prospect, maybe a future United captain, but he is NOT a midfielder.United totally disjointed in the first half,with nothing down the left flank and still in the game at half time thanks to De Gea.As is the United way leave it to the last 10 minutes and United's goal of the season from TV. Please SAF no more rotation, one game a week for these playes is a doddle . And if anybody thinks the premiership is over, apart from Mancini, think again. Sunderland is the last game, anyone think that's easy and still City to play and hopefully there is a strong ref that game could really erupt into a red card bonanza.

Fergie picked a team that would not get overran early in the game-get midfield domination especially away from home-no good going gung-ho straight from start-he picked the side correctly and the substitutes made the difference.

I guess this is when playing for the team might give one an edge over prostitutes who purely play for their own benefits (ManC).

Yeah. United players all play for free eh. Oh, wait a minute. If I remember correctly, for years your lot were paying more for "prostitutes" than anyone else.

I guess this is when playing for the team might give one an edge over prostitutes who purely play for their own benefits (ManC).

Yeah. United players all play for free eh. Oh, wait a minute. If I remember correctly, for years your lot were paying more for "prostitutes" than anyone else.

At least when we did it we won something and so did the players wink.png at a fraction of what you are paying for your plums.

How are you feeling at the moment? don't be cracking up now you still have the Thai Visa comp to fight for jap.gif

Worth every penny,i think you will find he is rehabilitating Mr Bo from an injury caused while playing....the downside of competing in a contact sport.

Not a bad addition to the squad next year though and to my surprise the defense is doing very well without him.Evans included!

Great to see Nemanja Vidic back next season,at 30 it will be like signing a new defender or like signing the best centre-half in the world for free laugh.png

Apart from the 90 grand (or whatever) per week you've been paying him for doing nought.

That's about £3.12 million for the eight months or so he'll have been out. where else could you buy the world's best defender, who's been able to recharge his batteries during that time, for three million quidbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Great to see Nemanja Vidic back next season,at 30 it will be like signing a new defender or like signing the best centre-half in the world for free laugh.png

Apart from the 90 grand (or whatever) per week you've been paying him for doing nought.

I thought Tevez was on more clap2.gif

So you are saying if a players gets injured he should not be payed?? what a dumb ass statement that is.

The next time Mr. B.J. overdoes the banter I think I might start a " 'Dale in Decline" thread.

(I reckon I've used the right bait for a bite)

P.S. I'm really still smarting after being called a Tranny some time ago - but after standing in the terraces in Prenton Park late 50's early 60's one develops a reasonably thickish skin................tongue.png

• Like 1

Looking forward to todays games, love this time of the season, i am a bag of nerves fearing the worst, anything can happen in football, so lets not get giddy reds but today can be one big step to number 20 if all goes well.

So you are saying if a players gets injured he should not be payed?? what a dumb ass statement that is.

No, I'm not saying that. What a dumb ass assumption that is. wink.png

If you read what MrRed said properly, you would have got the jist of what I was saying.

I thought Tevez was on more clap2.gif

He is. But wasn't getting paid. My relevance was to you stating that when Vidic comes back, it will be like gettig the best centre-half for free. You haven't though, as you have already bought him once and been paying him.