Manchester United

redrus

So, make a diary date for the later part of may, possibly early june although us neutrals still hold a flicker of hope you will retain his services for next season.

Nicely played. So you can gloat if the gets the sack on the basis of having predicted correctly, and you can gloat if he doesn't get the sack on the basis of being happy that he is staying.

moyes is the gift that keeps on giving.

though i'm not sure that spurs fans have any particular right to be gloating at man united fans about anything really. biggrin.png

i didn't think we were.

If Bayern play to their best and we play the sort of way we have most of this season, it will be a hammering. All we can hope for is a massive all out effort from our lads and a bit of complacency from Bayern. Not that I suppose doing well in the first leg will make much difference to the end result. They'll just hit us hard in the second leg.

A bit pessimistic I know, but as the saying goes, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I find myself agreeing with rixalex on this, which is rare.

Here is a serious point which is not spam, trolling, or inflammatory:

There are a lot of football fans out there, Man United neutrals, who have got very fed up with the legendary SAF, the blind faith in Moyes, and the concept of STABILITY .....being rammed down their throats.

To the point where they are now saying ' Foxtrot Oscar'.

No other club or fan base have this attitude. Why do United?

I guess I have become an ABU.

But I wasn't before.

wai2.gif

If Bayern play to their best and we play the sort of way we have most of this season, it will be a hammering. All we can hope for is a massive all out effort from our lads and a bit of complacency from Bayern. Not that I suppose doing well in the first leg will make much difference to the end result. They'll just hit us hard in the second leg.

A bit pessimistic I know, but as the saying goes, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

There are a lot of football fans out there, Man United neutrals, who have got very fed up with the legendary SAF, the blind faith in Moyes, and the concept of STABILITY .....being rammed down their throats.

But I wasn't before.

wai2.gif

Its basically down to a bewildering sense of entitlement combined with years of gloating and an offensive level of arrogance.

Well theres a few other things but thats it in a nutshellbiggrin.png

But I wasn't before.

wai2.gif

Its basically down to a bewildering sense of entitlement combined with years of gloating and an offensive level of arrogance.

Please produce some evidence of gloating and arrogance over the years. I think United,as a club, have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner,

for a club of its stature.Its nurtured,to its detriment in recent years, young talent unlike Chelsea and City ,whose juniors will never see a first team place.If you want evidence of that look at the last Chelsea player to come through the system...aka John Terry and the stalled careers of the likes of Rodwell. Sinclair,Richards etc.No one is ramming anything down anyone's throat if you don't agree with points of view switch off, or ignore .....simple.

There is ,and has always been,to me, a bewildering sense of jealousy in anything United has achieved over the years and even if they never win another trophy in my life time I won't be bitter or twisted

about other clubs like so many others on this forum.

But to tonight's game ,anything is possible,that's the beauty of sport.I will be interested in tonight's match ups.One particularly where Buttner will be given the job of trying to control Robben. An inexperienced young full back, who like Raphael can be very impetuous in tackles, against arguable the worlds best diver,he's made it an art form.I think the bookies will have very short odds on a BM penalty. Evans is finally back in training, as is Smalling. I just hope Rio is not chosen they will turn him inside out.

Can't remember seeing any comments on the recently relaid Old Trafford pitch,like many other clubs eg Arsenal,Wembley they have gone the new grass blend,artificial route and for this time of the year. I think it looks magnificent.

I was recently able ,in Sydney,to walk on and observe the nature of the surface.I just wish they had been available when I was playing.My old club is hosting up to 20 games a week on theirs and after one season it still in pristine condition.

To compare with the original,artificial , plastic pitches of years gone past its like chalk and cheese.

You are a fine one to talk about ramming things down people's throats. Over the last few weeks you have increasingly taken the scatter gun approach with your posts, posting at a great rate of knots and often posting the same repeated comments, many of which are either totally off topic or making no sense.

You should try reading your own posts... and while you are at it, try reading others to. No, not just scanning over them and getting completely the wrong end of the stick, but actually READING them and taking in the point being made. Because clearly you haven't been doing that. Case in point your comment above about blind faith in Moyes. The vast majority of United supporters who have contributed here have shown anything but a blind faith in Moyes. What they have shown is a loyalty to the club and a belief in giving things time. That's not being arrogant. Far from it.

If you want to see arrogance, how about continually repeated postings of "Bayern will rip you apart", and, what was it you were musing the other day, whether or not Bayern would decide to play exhibition football against us or simply go for the jugular.

Deary me, any more over the top gushing like that and Bangkok is in danger of more flooding.

• Like 1

The sense of entitlement thing hasn't been on here, it's been in the comments of all the tw...ts posted on youtube, comments which have been roundly applauded on here, just because they happen to be saying things you agree with, like how crap Moyes is.

@ rixalex.

There is a bullying mentality that comes out of United.

Clearly I can offer nothing remotely useful on the Man United in Denial Thread.

I am from London

Happy to leave it to people from Merseyside and the other half of Manchester, because for them it must be very close to home.

wai2.gif

Bayern are good, but they are not a force of nature. The Bundesliga is so one sided. Bayerns team value is 4 times that of everyone bar the top 3 teams below them. Half of the teams in the league have a value less than that of Norwich!!

A Man U win is very unlikely, but if United have a good day they can more than put up a good show. Personally I hope United lose, but only because if Chelsea get through I want them to meet Bayern.

• Like 1

But I wasn't before.

wai2.gif

Please produce some evidence of gloating and arrogance over the years. I think United,as a club, have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner,

for a club of its stature.Its nurtured,to its detriment in recent years, young talent unlike Chelsea and City ,whose juniors will never see a first team place.If you want evidence of that look at the last Chelsea player to come through the system...aka John Terry and the stalled careers of the likes of Rodwell. Sinclair,Richards etc.No one is ramming anything down anyone's throat if you don't agree with points of view switch off, or ignore .....simple.

There is ,and has always been,to me, a bewildering sense of jealousy in anything United has achieved over the years and even if they never win another trophy in my life time I won't be bitter or twisted

about other clubs like so many others on this forum.

But to tonight's game ,anything is possible,that's the beauty of sport.I will be interested in tonight's match ups.One particularly where Buttner will be given the job of trying to control Robben. An inexperienced young full back, who like Raphael can be very impetuous in tackles, against arguable the worlds best diver,he's made it an art form.I think the bookies will have very short odds on a BM penalty. Evans is finally back in training, as is Smalling. I just hope Rio is not chosen they will turn him inside out.

Please produce some evidence of arrogance.

Oh that would be difficult!!!....hmm let me see....oh yes, lets start with that pathetic "The Chose One" banner. Personifies United arrogance. Unbelievable.

(Just thought i'd give it a mention before the stupid thing gets ripped down.)

Edited by carmine

Oh that would be difficult!!!....hmm let me see....oh yes, lets start with that pathetic "The Chose One" banner. Personifies United arrogance. Unbelievable.

I think we all agree the banner was a bad idea in hindsight, because it has just become the object of jokes. I don't think however that there was really much arrogance about it. It is after all, simply stating a fact, is it not? He was the chosen one. And it is a poke in the direction of the special one. Now there is an example of arrogance. Not only to be called a special one, but to be the one referring to yourself as that. Perhaps had it been Moyes himself going on about being a chosen one, i could understand the arrogance thing.

I think we all agree the banner was a bad idea in hindsight, because it has just become the object of jokes. I don't think however that there was really much arrogance about it. It is after all, simply stating a fact, is it not? He was the chosen one. And it is a poke in the direction of the special one. Now there is an example of arrogance. Not only to be called a special one, but to be the one referring to yourself as that. Perhaps had it been Moyes himself going on about being a chosen one, i could understand the arrogance thing.

I was asked to give a shred of evidence of arrogance and i think that to the rest of the football world that banner exudes arrogance.

I can't be bothered to go on about the other reasons United are so disliked. At the end of the day any level headed intelligent United supporter would admit that Ferguson was a thoroughly dislikable bully of an individual who created a permanent siege mentality constantly going on about everyone hating United and he is largely responsible for creating the dislike because its clear thats what he wanted.

Why have a poke at a minor league team (Chelsea) in your own stadium?

Granted, there is a certain arrogance about The Special One.

We are as usual getting deflected in this debate.

I think Guardiola's comment about SAF being 'gentle' might be tic.

Tongue in cheek. But who knows with these foreign mind game managers.smile.png

And that includes Ferguson.

Personally I would have preferred to play for Shankly.thumbsup.gif

I was asked to give a shred of evidence of arrogance and i think that to the rest of the football world that banner exudes arrogance.

Nice of you to speak on behalf of the rest of the world of football carms. If you think it is arrogant, fine, i have explained why i think it isn't particularly. Can you even attempt to explain why describing him as a chosen one is arrogant? Isn't that what he is?

I can't be bothered to go on about the other reasons United are so disliked. At the end of the day any level headed intelligent United supporter would admit that Ferguson was a thoroughly dislikable bully of an individual who created a permanent siege mentality constantly going on about everyone hating United and he is largely responsible for creating the dislike because its clear thats what he wanted.

The way that Fergie was and is perceived is i think a different issue from the issue of arrogance of fans. I don't think Fergie is a particularly nice individual myself. He's got an undeniably poisonous revengeful side to his character. But sadly the fact is that that is what made him so successful, and what makes a lot of other people in the highly competitive world of sport successful. If we took that away from him we would have to take away 26 years of success.

But anyway, Fergies character traits are his own. They aren't mine, nor i'm sure a lot of United supporters.

• Like 1

i thought that two-bob plane banner perhaps pulled united together a bit in all honesty. no united fan i know thought it was a good idea, or funny, or "LOL!!! just bantz lad" etc.

the old trafford 'chosen one' banner was probably not a great idea either in hindsight.

• Like 2

Nice of you to speak on behalf of the rest of the world of football carms. If you think it is arrogant, fine, i have explained why i think it isn't particularly. Can you even attempt to explain why describing him as a chosen one is arrogant? Isn't that what he is?

The way that Fergie was and is perceived is i think a different issue from the issue of arrogance of fans. I don't think Fergie is a particularly nice individual myself. He's got an undeniably poisonous revengeful side to his character. But sadly the fact is that that is what made him so successful, and what makes a lot of other people in the highly competitive world of sport successful. If we took that away from him we would have to take away 26 years of success.

But anyway, Fergies character traits are his own. They aren't mine, nor i'm sure a lot of United supporters.

...and he dumped Moyes right in the sh**

cheesy.gif

Why have a poke at a minor league team (Chelsea) in your own stadium?

Why not? It's called banter. Not to be taken that seriously.

Granted, there is a certain arrogance about The Special One.

We are as usual getting deflected in this debate.

It's the origin of the banner. How is stating it deflecting from the debate about the banner?

...and he dumped Moyes right in the sh**

cheesy.gif

Bump.

Ok rixalex.

Simple and straightforward so there is no confusion.

'I don't think Fergie is a particularly nice individual myself. He's got an undeniably poisonous revengeful side to his character.'

Shankly did it different.

Ferguson was hell bent on eclipsing Liverpool Shankly.

Very possibly Ferguson was a highly motivated nasty piece of work.

smile.png