Manchester United

redrus

We got there in the end but we made hard work of getting through.

Played some good football today for a change, but let ourselves down at time with woeful finishing.

Dave saves us again, best keeper in the world right now?, Tony Martial came from France the English press said he had no chance, 50 million down the drain Tony Martial scores again.

Well a few things we learnt from last nights game

De Gea is the best keeper in the world and if he did stay at United ,which I doubt, he would become United's best ever goal keeper.Incredible reflexes.

Rooney has finally found a place on the field which suits where he is up too in his career.Some of us said that 2-3 years ago.

I thought he had a very good game last night in creativity,work rate and defence .

Yes the finishing was poor but take into account you can't expect young players to have the composure they will gain with experince although Martial waa clinical at the end.The thought of Rasford and Martial terrorising defences in the future is a bonus.

Never thought I would be saying Fellaini was brilliant, his best game ever for United.That run where he got back the length of the field to make a tackle showed his committment or something to prove.Nearly MOM.

Lets give credit to Everton ,never gave up,have the supporters on their back and knowing Martinez will probaly cop the blame and be sacked.

At the end of the day the FA CUP showed it will be around for a long time ,one of the games of the season for its excitements.

United fans can take heart with Shaw coming back. Fosu Mensah looking the goods, can play midfield where for the Academy he looked right at home and more coming through within 2 seasons might be back on track,Lingard growing and working hard,then again if Mourinho comes in all is out the window. Surprised and disappointed if the board do employ him,his style of play does nothing for me and ironically its the fans that have been bitching about negative play.Mourinho is the master of negativity and he's a P**** into the bargain.

• Like 1

We got there in the end but we made hard work of getting through.

Played some good football today for a change, but let ourselves down at time with woeful finishing.

Dave saves us again, best keeper in the world right now?, Tony Martial came from France the English press said he had no chance, 50 million down the drain Tony Martial scores again.

I don't think the press said Martial had no chance, fairer to say they knew little of him and questioned was he worth the fee. Anybody who knows anything about football can see he's VERY decent.

Good comeback by Everton 2nd half but wasted all those chances.

ManU for the cup then...can't see the other semi finalists troubling you.

^ who is bertie? Hope it's not intended at me after I so kindly researched the answer to your u21s making the first team for you. ;-)

I dont need you to research anything for me pal especially the U21s

You keep researching how many ex United players are using your academy because after all they aint going to get a kick in the first team are they??

Bertie Magoo the bitter blue tongue.png

You posted "Not having a pop at anyone just showing that we can now possibly put out a side average age of about 20 that would compete in the premier league and has got a lot of talent for the coming years.", I answered that it was possible, you seem to taken my action very negatively.

You posted "You keep researching how many ex United players are using your academy". Not true. I posted, in response to a spurs fan I think, the fact that ex-manu players are now favouring our academy. You posted "Ex Man United players?". I answered your question.

You posted "Your academy is good but at that age it should be with the amount of money you have spent on it". Exactly what is the amount of money spent on it? You seem to forget that we are playing catch up and your club will no doubt have spent similar if not more on your academy.

You posted "because after all they aint going to get a kick in the first team are they??" Glad you made that a question. If they're good enough they play. This season ManU has stumbled across your youngsters due to first team players being injured. On a similar but smaller scale, we played 8 youngsters I think it was vs Chelsea in F A cup due to not wanting to use first team players.

Ps. Bertie magoo..prefer the noisy neighbours, love that!

^"On a similar but smaller scale, we played 8 youngsters I think it was vs Chelsea in F A cup due to not wanting to use first team players."

That plan worked well didn't it! What was the score again?gigglem.gif

Yes the plan worked very well Wilai. We prioritised the Champions League over the FA Cup and we are now in the semi's for the first time ever.

^"On a similar but smaller scale, we played 8 youngsters I think it was vs Chelsea in F A cup due to not wanting to use first team players."

Yes the plan worked very well Wilai. We prioritised the Champions League over the FA Cup and we are now in the semi's for the first time ever.
Congratulations only 60 years after United's first one, now belittling the fa cup now you think you are a big club.

Congratulations only 60 years after United's first one, now belittling the fa cup now you think you are a big club.

I think you know better than that nev. We have always put out a strong team for the FA Cup but this year the FA forced our hand by moving the fixture for TV when we had to fly out the following day for the Champs League. We all know the reasons and I reckon you are just after a bite. Congrats, you got me to bite.

Bearing in mind the team we had out, I assume you are familiar with who played, it was to be expected against the current Premier champions.

I think you know better than that nev. We have always put out a strong team for the FA Cup but this year the FA forced our hand by moving the fixture for TV when we had to fly out the following day for the Champs League. We all know the reasons and I reckon you are just after a bite. Congrats, you got me to bite.
Mate, the FA forced our hand in 99 so we know where you are coming from, personally I love the fa cup, my best memories are the 3 seventies finals I was lucky enough to attend.

^ yep just a shame about the quality of the team your gonna put out and the quality of football it plays. Days past would have made time to watch ltd in a final, but now, i don't think so.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1999-2000, ManU pulled out and became the first FA Cup winners not to defend their title...I still don't condone ManU's action, should have put a team out.

Mate, the FA forced our hand in 99 so we know where you are coming from, personally I love the fa cup, my best memories are the 3 seventies finals I was lucky enough to attend.

Who/where has belittled the FA Cup?

Belated congrats on making the 1956 semifinal. Interestingly Chelsea were banned from competing the previous season by the FA, in 56 ManU kicked against the ban and commenced english teams competing in the European cup.

What's with this big club crap? We're still little old City, the noisy neighbours; we're the same but we're wealthier and enjoying a period of success. We leave pissing up the wall to ManU and Liverpool fans, and for the biggest club in England the past 60 years and one of the three biggest clubs in europe during that time to have won it three times is simply phenomenal.

Tony Martial came from France the English press said he had no chance, 50 million down the drain Tony Martial scores again.

Martial, cost £50 mil played 41 scored 14

Iheanacho, cost £350,000 played 11 scored 11

I reckon Martial was about as good a deal as Sterling

^ yep just a shame about the quality of the team your gonna put out and the quality of football it plays. Days past would have made time to watch ltd in a final, but now, i don't think so.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good for you! tongue.png

At least we have a chance of winning a trophy this season with that <deleted> quality eh.

Tony Martial came from France the English press said he had no chance, 50 million down the drain Tony Martial scores again.

Why didnt you choose Rashford to compare to Iheanacho?

cost fark all!!! played 12 scored 7 ......18 years old

oh and he has made 30 apperances for 11 goals get your facts correct before posting shhhittee wink.png

Much better yes biggrin.png

• Like 1

cost fark all!!! played 12 scored 7 ......18 years old

oh and he has made 30 apperances for 11 goals get your facts correct before posting shhhittee wink.png

Much better yes biggrin.png

Because I was responding to nev's post about.....guess who......Martial

Them 30 appearances included 2 minutes here and there, not starts. Iheanacho has played just 517 minutes in the prem, with just 8 starts and got 5 goals. The other 6 starts were in the Cups and he has scored 6.

As per BredBlues posts in the City thread, only Sergio Aguero and Daniel Sturridge possess better goals-per-minute ratios in the entire league at one goal every 81 minutes in all competitions.

However, if you insist, the Manchester Evening News have just done that for us.

Stats prove who is the deadlier striker out of Marcus Rashford and Kelechi Iheanacho

They are two of the most exciting talents to emerge in the Premier League this season - but who is the deadliest striker out of Kelechi Iheanacho and Marcus Rashford?

Both teenagers have burst onto the scene for their respective clubs Manchester City and Manchester United - and have been tipped to star for years to come.

Rashford has arguably made the bigger impact for his club - playing a pivotal role in United’s path to the FA Cup final.

But it is Iheanacho, who comes out on top statistically - despite being limited in his number of first team opportunities behind Sergio Aguero.

The Nigerian international has scored 11 goals in 896 minutes this season, compared to Rashford’s seven in 1,092 for United.

The 19-year-old has a ratio of a goal every 81 minutes, while Rashford, 18, scores one every 156.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-prove-who-deadlier-striker-11234664

Martial plays on the wing cannot be compared to Iheanacho, Martials return is remarkable as he us playing in a united team which lack creativity and can go games without a shot on goal.

Yes you fan compare to Sterling and I know which one will become a future world star.

• Like 2

Who/where has belittled the FA Cup?

Belated congrats on making the 1956 semifinal. Interestingly Chelsea were banned from competing the previous season by the FA, in 56 ManU kicked against the ban and commenced english teams competing in the European cup.

What's with this big club crap? We're still little old City, the noisy neighbours; we're the same but we're wealthier and enjoying a period of success. We leave pissing up the wall to ManU and Liverpool fans, and for the biggest club in England the past 60 years and one of the three biggest clubs in europe during that time to have won it three times is simply phenomenal.

It was 1957 to be exact.

You are a big club now, why would you want to deny that?.

Pissing up the wall you need something to piss up against the wall about first.

Yes in the European/champions league it is 59 years since we first played in it, do you really think we have played in it every season?, no lucky to he half of that, so 3 wins and twice beaten finalist to a excellent Barca team and also being denied another final and maybe more by a tragic event in my eyes is not bad at all.

At least we have a reason for 3 stars on our shirt!!.

• Like 2