Manchester United

redrus

you honestly expect all these players who have never played together just suddenly arrive put it together and storm the EPL not forgetting a new manager

you all need to calm down a bit if you were expecting manu to be on the top of the table then you really need a reality check, there is no way to make a call for at least 3 months, let the team mature and  see where it goes, I have no doubt some players will be side lined I have my own thoughts on that but these things take time, I am willing to let the new manager sift through the chaff and if he is worth his salt them a good team should emerge  

and all you Rooney critics - he is solid in mid field, he is no longer a striker so don't be expecting any goals, if you can get your head round that then for me he is a starter every match......solid

1 hour ago, smedly said:

you honestly expect all these players who have never played together just suddenly arrive put it together and storm the EPL not forgetting a new manager

you all need to calm down a bit if you were expecting manu to be on the top of the table then you really need a reality check, there is no way to make a call for at least 3 months, let the team mature and  see where it goes, I have no doubt some players will be side lined I have my own thoughts on that but these things take time, I am willing to let the new manager sift through the chaff and if he is worth his salt them a good team should emerge  

and all you Rooney critics - he is solid in mid field, he is no longer a striker so don't be expecting any goals, if you can get your head round that then for me he is a starter every match......solid

Can't help but smile at this Black Knight approach.

Good luck funding Rooney's wheelchair kiddo! :passifier:

And to think,  all the United owners/board had to do was appoint Carlo Ancelotti and their transitional problems, all all others for that matter would have disappeared.  Tailor made for the job in every respect.  Simple as that......

I think Mourinho's under the curse of Caneira.  Its never been right since he bullied her off the pitch and he'll be losing yet another dressing room too in the not to distant future.  Remarkable how quickly the honeymoons over.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

he's really, really not solid in midfield because, well, despite what people keep trying to claim, he is not a midfielder. he still isn't a midfielder no matter how many times people say it. his positional play is appalling, his distribution is not that of a midfielder and he can't tackle. the emperor really has no clothes on. not that i ever want to see potatohead rooney without any clothes on.

13 ridiculously awful wayne rooney stats vs watford: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/full-horror-wayne-rooneys-performance-8863925

he. is. not. a. midfielder.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

JM needs a tough 3 years as a loser to be a real winner and in this job he has that formula but have utd had too much glory in the past 2 decades to replicate it?

Has JM got the bottle to fight as fergie did those 1st 4 years. Very doubtful. He will not lose value as a manager this can be overlooked on his CV and the question then becomes if JM cannot do it. Who on earth could? Time to start discussing new managers lads because JM will point the finger at the board sooner rather than later and if he does not get the respect and trust he requires he will look for an exit before the board try to do the same. 3 months countdown begins. 

Oh the Jose countdown is well underway.  He's already criticizing players publicly, singling out young Luke Shaw for example.  He hasn't learnt and doing this is probably the start of losing the dressing room yet again. You do not and cannot single out players in public for criticism.  It turns players against you.   Mourinho's toxic these days and frankly, most the United guys on here seem to have a better understanding of the right selection than their own manager.  

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, StevieH said:

now now, mr ed was on here in the summer telling us what a top class midfielder and playmaker rooney is and how hodgson was 100% correct to play him there. nev, you're surely not calling friend mr ed a liar and/or moron are you?

couldn't agree more about the square pegs thing, it's bizarre. but he really does love lashing the blame around while never accepting any himself. at the moment he looks every inch the manager he was 12 months ago at chelsea. united's physio probably wants to watch their back.

I am not ,and never hav ebeen a Mourinho fan but to be fair he did ,post match,say WE when refering to the things they had to change.I am presuming the word WE included himself and he did empahsise that point that there were things they ALL had to work on.

Last season during the LVG speculation I posted Koemans as my choice for United so this is not in hindsight and Everton might well go into reverse. Koemans was a great player and has been a very under rated manager,he just didnt attract much media as he was not a "special one"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I am not ,and never hav ebeen a Mourinho fan but to be fair he did ,post match,say WE when refering to the things they had to change.I am presuming the word WE included himself and he did empahsise that point that there were things they ALL had to work on.

Last season during the LVG speculation I posted Koemans as my choice for United so this is not in hindsight and Everton might well go into reverse. Koemans was a great player and has been a very under rated manager,he just didnt attract much media as he was not a "special one"

100% agreed koeman would have been an excellent choice. Pellegrini too could have fitted in well. Maybe pellegrini would cause some fickle fans to moan but he would have got straight on with the job and commanded the respect of players and board in a manner that deserved it. Looks to me that JM is playing out his board issues on the pitch rather than off it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

in fairness it would have sounded very weird indeed if he said "THEY". 

In 5 weeks Mourinho has gone,for many, from the greatest manager for Man United who will bring trophy after trophy to OT to the most toxic  influence in the club.

Its frankly ridiculous, we dont know whats going on in the dressing room or training, its all mindless speculation influenced by the "desperate for a headline" media.

Sterling is a classic example he's gone from "hopeless" even to City fans to an "amazing player" all due to Pep.

We are all doing it, maybe time for a moratorium and talk about things we know. Like every time Valencia takes a throw in its a foul throw .My grandfather taught me at 10 years old put the ball  behind your head until it touches your back.:shock1: watch him.

If players can't take public criticism on their ridiculous wages than they shouldn't be playing. It should motivate them to do better. Nothing I have heard from JM has been particularly nasty or uncalled for. Yes, he winged about decisions, but so do they all.

Remember this is 'puff ball' we are talking about, not rugby!

3 hours ago, DMC1 said:

If players can't take public criticism on their ridiculous wages than they shouldn't be playing. It should motivate them to do better. Nothing I have heard from JM has been particularly nasty or uncalled for. Yes, he winged about decisions, but so do they all.

Remember this is 'puff ball' we are talking about, not rugby.

Rugby is awful though. And rugby intimations are extremely puffish 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah. United fans love to rub the salt when we are down so it's just a bot of karma

Truth is utd had virtually no consistent glory prior to fergie era of dominance.

These fellas don't know how to do the business when the chips are down. Unlike certain teams who create absolutely memorable nights driven by one thing. Passion. YNWA

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah. United fans love to rub the salt when we are down so it's just a bot of karma

the moyes and van gaal memories are still too near. it's an open wound. and despite spending £90m on a player who really isn't all that, united fans are having flashbacks to what mourinho was like 12 months ago at chelsea. a busted flush.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Its cos its Mourinho....he is hated by everyone these days.

Its fashionable....even more than BB's skinny jeans and ridiculous handlebar moustache!

17 hours ago, Sparkles said:

In 5 weeks Mourinho has gone,for many, from the greatest manager for Man United who will bring trophy after trophy to OT to the most toxic  influence in the club.

Its frankly ridiculous, we dont know whats going on in the dressing room or training, its all mindless speculation influenced by the "desperate for a headline" media.

Sterling is a classic example he's gone from "hopeless" even to City fans to an "amazing player" all due to Pep.

We are all doing it, maybe time for a moratorium and talk about things we know. Like every time Valencia takes a throw in its a foul throw .My grandfather taught me at 10 years old put the ball  behind your head until it touches your back.:shock1: watch him.

In very surprised at this coming from you.  Maybe you've just missed the points being raised but the reason for such stinging criticism is that he's managing like a carbon copy of the one that wrecked Chelsea last season.  His team selections are nothing short of weird and ridiculous, singling out players that enrages the players....its just the Chelsea train wreck being revisited up at Old Trafford.

And the fact is that comparisons to Guardiola are going to be drawn because, and if nothing else, he's doing a very good job, polar opposite to Mourinho.

If you don't believe me why don't you read Paul Scholes on the subject.  He's scathing.

Post 20600. I have read about 5 stories written over the last 10 days as a result of your post. Content read via various outlets and scholes backs mourinho to come good despite the losses x 3 so that's fairly new content. He remarks on blind and valencia being played out of position but he could have said so much more yet neglected to name other names. Great player, honest enough charactEr but is he holding back and what else could be said that perhaps he does not have the bottle to come out and say. Only 18 days ago scholes backed all the utd signings and rightly so  perhaps emphasis should be on what he is not saying? 

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope he is going to exceed the Chelsea train wreck  :-)

What, head butt the physio?

Mourinho prefers running up behind people and eye gouging them.  Eva got off lightly!!

Edited by carmine

44 minutes ago, carmine said:

In very surprised at this coming from you.  Maybe you've just missed the points being raised but the reason for such stinging criticism is that he's managing like a carbon copy of the one that wrecked Chelsea last season.  His team selections are nothing short of weird and ridiculous, singling out players that enrages the players....its just the Chelsea train wreck being revisited up at Old Trafford.

And the fact is that comparisons to Guardiola are going to be drawn because, and if nothing else, he's doing a very good job, polar opposite to Mourinho.

If you don't believe me why don't you read Paul Scholes on the subject.  He's scathing.

Ok so Paul Scholes is now the "expert" .Great player but has never ventured into management and is wearing the mantle of the resident "grumpy"  man and should find himself something to do.Scholsey could make a great contribution in coaching but being a pundit I guess it keeps the income coming and everyone is an expert in hindsight

We are talking about 3 defeats not a season.So thats the bar is it ? Some of you guys feed off media speculation and take it as gospel.

Everton were beaten last night after a blazing start,thats football.

7 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Ok so Paul Scholes is now the "expert" .Great player but has never ventured into management and is wearing the mantle of the resident "grumpy"  man and should find himself something to do.Scholsey could make a great contribution in coaching but being a pundit I guess it keeps the income coming and everyone is an expert in hindsight

We are talking about 3 defeats not a season.So thats the bar is it ? Some of you guys feed off media speculation and take it as gospel.

Everton were beaten last night after a blazing start,thats football.

Its not so much about the results but more whats going on around them.

Personally i think that his selecting of Fellaini and overlooking Carrick and Snederlin is laughable and i bet Pogba does too.

I bet Luke Shaw is really pissed off as his mates in the squad will be.  

If you choose to view this as appraising purely down to results then fine but i assure you its not.  Its almost like Mourinho's trying to prove that what happened at Chelsea wasn't his fault.  

Player power and an unfortunate incident involving an opportunistic Dr occurred at Chelsea.  Hazard was a strop and a half throughout the whole season bar last game I think.

Fergie kicked a boot in Beckhams face.

Went public. Fergie vilified. Not really.

Fergie got rid of self appointed guvnor (ince)

Whose got that mantle these days?

Fergie dropped shipped  out staam at the height of players career. For talking too much.

Fergie shipped van nistelrooy out as soon as he saw the issues with CR7.

All masterstrokes and instilled one thing and one/two things only.

Nobody bigger than the club and manager has absolute final say.

A few remarks publicly about some players is nothing. Back your bloody manager to the hilt or get treated like a wage packet. Who has revolted at man utd and got away with it and then got major pay rises. 

Whose the guy who went into two major England tournaments with hardcore court cases (super injunctions) and other scandals hanging over his head? Did it affect him just a little? 

You think professional work environments with a good camaraderie are attained with players with his mindset. 

Sorry but your biggest issue is rooney he got the record from a real great he got the captaincy but let's be honest ZA installed as next utd captain is the first step and undoubtedly that will happen a lot sooner than everything else. Forget your formations best line ups and all that crap and look at the real problem. Hero has become villain. Today's poll backs it too.

Edited by Rc2702

Pep Guardiola has just called out Yaya Toure and his agent another example of something that could/should have been kept in house.

Ex footballers suddenly are experts,  Scholsey ,Collymore ,Chris Sutton thay are paid to stir it up.Exremely disppointed in Paul Scholes,when he was playing he would run a mile if he saw a camera. People were saying SAF would be a problem to any incoming manager at United he publically has been quiet as a mouse.

I said last season that to me Rooney is burnt out. 15 years in the top league is his use by date,unlike Giggs who kept re inventing himself.

Rooney has the passion but the magic has gone,he knows its just hard to accept

^Carmine I was in agreement with your earlier comments until you mentioned Paul Scholes who I thought an excellent player but a bit of an idiot now with his comments until like RedNev who I detested as a player but value his comments these days.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 9/21/2016 at 6:42 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine I was in agreement with your earlier comments until you mentioned Paul Scholes who I thought an excellent player but a bit of an idiot now with his comments until like RedNev who I detested as a player but value his comments these days.

Well for starters he's been barking on about Carrick's inclusion and guess who bossed the game the other night!!  Scholes is spot on.  He's been making a case for freeing up Pogba and Carrick will do that.  Selecting Fellaini is absurd, selected by a bust flush, with outdated football philosophies and a failure to accept responsibility for his own shortcomings.

Oh and yet again, Mourinho unwilling to praise Carrick, presumably because it would be admitting to a possible mistake in past selections.  Take note also of how well Herrera and Ashford played.

NB  Not quite sure people are going to listen to Neville's opinions in quite the same way after the Valencia debacle.