Manchester United

redrus

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"must stop worrying about whats happening at United"...think you mean "must stop laughing about whats happening at United" ;-)

BB

Your comments and replies are becoming more juvenile by the day,is it not time to grow up a little :sad:

You are a great one in this forum for quoting statistics about anything and everything concerning your beloved Citeh,the time you must spend trawling for this (mainly useless) information just confirms your obsessive and blinkered view.

An interesting article announced in the sporting press last week that you seemed to have missed or chose to ignore was the sale of replica football shirts worldwide between the years 2011-2016, your (all things wonderful) Man City came in at 13th place,less sales than two Turkish teams,now the 64,000 dollar question for you is............ who topped the chart.

Yes you guessed it they are the ones you " must stop laughing about"

pathetic really:sleep:

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Sorry for being raised to hate Mufc..must have a word with my old man about who will no doubt blame my deceased granddad...over a century of hatred in the family and I'm passing it on to my 2 lads.

What a fine example of parenthood,you must be really pleased with yourself.......:thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, petermik said:

What a fine example of parenthood,you must be really pleased with yourself.......:thumbsup:

Sorry but that is what defines then

as bitters  ..................the lad at least admitted it ...@stillchasingred

• Like 1

I find it very normal to hate ManU. I find it very strange those supposed manu fans on here who supposedly don't hate City.

It would be interesting to find out when united started calling City fans bitters. Personally the terms supposed to denigrate like bitters and noisy neighbours I love as backhanded compliments.

Apparently the term Scum for united originates way back and by united fans. Think I read it in Gary James' (a blue) brilliant tomb on Manchester football - a recommended read for all mancs.

Apologies, I was thinking Rags but typed another term for united, Scum.

Anyway he's the supposed origin of Rags I was thinking of:

"The Rags was actually a name that United fans gave to the team themselves in the late 1920s and 30s. At the time the club were close to bancrupcy and even had local housewives help out by washing the teams kits in their homes. There is an interview with a United fan in the book "Back From the Brink" by Justin Blundell that attests to this."

and there was me thinking this was generally an adult forum and yet after scanning over the last few pages of this topic it seems we have a general group of immature kids, what is it with all the hate - this is a sport nothing more, the teams play football and the fans support their teams for whatever reason, it is not about hate - scum - fighting - abuse - violent gangs - beatings ................................it is a f'kg sport

grow up the lot of you 

^Grow up! Borllocks! The only part I agree with is it's not about "fighting - abuse - violent gangs - beatings".

Intense football rivalvies exist worldwide and are part of football culture. I've never heard such nonsense...some of you will be suggesting a love in next. Nev, get a grip of these so called football fans on your forum.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Grow up! Borllocks! The only part I agree with is it's not about "fighting - abuse - violent gangs - beatings".

Intense football rivalvies exist worldwide and are part of football culture. I've never heard such nonsense...some of you will be suggesting a love in next. Nev, get a grip of these so called football fans on your forum.

Football culture ? It is nothing more than infantile thugs that never matured properly - there is no excuse and no place for it in any sport..........grow up 

I was born in Salford. My grandad and dad were also lifelong Manchester United fans and season ticket holders. Fierce rivalry yes, hate in the true sense never. Plenty of friendly banter but that's as far as it goes.

Having served in the military on operations then you realise what hate really is. I agree with the above post that some football fans are embarrassingly pathetic with what they term as hate. Honestly makes me cringe when I see those idiots fighting with each other over a football team.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with rivalry, its all part of the game and supporting your team, yes some go overboard but on here it is banter we give it out and expect to get back too.

Just keep it civil lads and quote from the late great Bill Shankley, Some people think football is about life and death. I don't like that attitude I can assure them it us much more serious than that!.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DMC1 said:

I was born in Salford. My grandad and dad were also lifelong Manchester United fans and season ticket holders. Fierce rivalry yes, hate in the true sense never. Plenty of friendly banter but that's as far as it goes.

Having served in the military on operations then you realise what hate really is. I agree with the above post that some football fans are embarrassingly pathetic with what they term as hate. Honestly makes me cringe when I see those idiots fighting with each other over a football team.

Two regular Citeh contributors on this forum have stated quite openly recently their hatred of all things United,personally I cannot recall any other posters using this word regarding ANY other football club (if I am wrong in this statement then I apologize) these are two intelligent (least I hope so) adults who should know better IMHO.

I personally have many City fans as long term friends and the banter between us is ongoing,they acknowledge (grudgingly at times) United,s overall contribution to English football is superior at the moment to City,s.

As for myself who started watching in the early sixties I have admired and acknowledged the great English sides that have provided so much entertainment through the years,without one hint of bitterness towards any of them.

When people say they hate something or someone they are openly showing their jealousy,so in actual fact they are paying a complement :thumbsup:

I will repeat what I,ve added many times to my posts before on this forum

football,s just a game.....not life and death :smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Two regular Citeh contributors on this forum have stated quite openly recently their hatred of all things United,

Blimey Peter, are we still harping on about the use of the word "hate". Maybe I/we use the word too lightly and you use it or take it more strongly. I use it to say things like "I hate mashed carrots and swede" but it doesn't mean I want to go and kick over all the vegetable stalls that sell them.

I've met 3 United members of this forum and can assure you, there was no fighting or lashing out with my bovver boots. They were nights of great banter and joviality, with not a single word raised in anger.

Chill out mate and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm near Katesiree. 

7 hours ago, nev said:

A rare occurrence today man utd play at 3 pm on a Saturday, I think the last time that happened I was wearing me butcher coat.

Nev

"a rare occurence today man utd play at 3 pm on a saturday" its 5pm here in LOS 4 hours before ko and here,s hoping they do play as recent performances do not instill a great deal of confidence :sad:

mixed feelings as I watched the great Burnley team back in the sixties under Harry Potts when United played away and I was too young to travel.....great memories :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey Peter, are we still harping on about the use of the word "hate".

Chill out mate and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm near Katesiree. 

Bribery will get you nowhere BJ unless its at least 2 beers :thumbsup:

Nothing new from me..I've been saying on these forums since 2006 how much I hate manu. However I don't hate manu fans as obviously I was brought up with them and they're neighbours, work colleagues and even family members (mum's Blackley lot). See the difference yet?
Because I hate a football club doesn't mean I want to fight them or see anybody else fighting. Coming clearer yet?

Karma has a way of kicking folks up the arse every now and again. Against Liverpool they parked the bus and Mourinho tried to play it like it was a master stroke of tactical genius. Burnley do the same to them and he throws his toys out the pram and sends the assistant to do the post match interview 555555

• Like 1

I enjoyed that game it is 100% better than the football played under Moyes and Lvg, the goals will come and I believe Mourinio will get it right, the sending off for two nothing fouls by Herrera changed the game, he stays on we get the winner.

7 hours ago, nev said:

I enjoyed that game it is 100% better than the football played under Moyes and Lvg, the goals will come and I believe Mourinio will get it right, the sending off for two nothing fouls by Herrera changed the game, he stays on we get the winner.

And Tom Heaton (ex United goalie) plays a blinder along with another ex Red Michael Keane centre half.....ironic and good luck to them,both quality players.

Herrera was clumsy and no real issues with the sending off but just after kick off in Uniteds first attack Lingard was taken out by a very late and nasty challenge,Clattenberg let play go on as it should be yet never even spoke to the offending Burnley player and this challenge was far worse than any of Herrera,s.............but its football and no one gets everything right all of the time.

I posted a comment on here last year when LVG was in charge stating we weren,t that far away from being a decent side with a striker of the quality of  lets say Sergio Aguero playing,we are still lacking this unfortunately,Zlatan is not good enough.     :sorry:

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

And Tom Heaton (ex United goalie) plays a blinder along with another ex Red Michael Keane centre half.....ironic and good luck to them,both quality players.

Herrera was clumsy and no real issues with the sending off but just after kick off in Uniteds first attack Lingard was taken out by a very late and nasty challenge,Clattenberg let play go on as it should be yet never even spoke to the offending Burnley player and this challenge was far worse than any of Herrera,s.............but its football and no one gets everything right all of the time.

I posted a comment on here last year when LVG was in charge stating we weren,t that far away from being a decent side with a striker of the quality of  lets say Sergio Aguero playing,we are still lacking this unfortunately,Zlatan is not good enough.     :sorry:

Don't be sorry mate zlatan was only a short team fix and to help develope our young strikers, yes indeed we need a quality finish up top.

7 hours ago, nev said:

Agreed.The main positive was every player gave 100% ,no exceptions.72 % possesion,37 shots ,19 corners ,hit the post twice, one of those days and Zlatan and Rooney missed the best opportunities in the dying minutes.Hererra was a little silly getting the first  yellow  and the second one looked like he was tackling on ice, a 2 footed slide. Darmien may have got a penalty if he didnt have the reputation for being theatrical, if that had been Shaw they might have got it.

Full credit to Burnley they came for a point and got it. Heaton has to be close to the best there is in contention for an England place,he wont forget this game. 

Valencia broken arm ,dont even remember the incident , Bailly out,Smalling injured, others will just have to step up.Difficult game Thursday, away doesnt help.

My worst fears about Mourinho coming to fruition he cant seem to control himself.Teams need the manager on the touchline not stuck up in the stands.What does he thing he is achieving by ranting at the officials .Hes been there many times ,he knows the score.

I think also supporters need to know the truth about what is going on with Micki.This is nonsense about him not being up to English football.Wasn't he player of the year last season for BT, hardly an easy league.Some one is telling porkies.He would help make this team especially now with Herrara out. I guess Carrick and Young come in for Thursday, tide has to change soon or the season has gone.