Manchester United

redrus

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

<deleted> hell lad....I think everyone who follows football regularly knows that Jose Mourinho success has had <deleted> all to do with playing attractive football.

The biggest in-house joke is Mourinho is the antithesis of attractive football.

You can't be that deluded?

Mourinho neither has the balls nor tactical acumen to ask his men to go out and attack, play risky football, go for it football..unless it's a home game against relegation fodder. 

And you are currently being beaten in Europa...AGAIN.

We agree to disagree :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, petermik said:

Less really smokes....he,s still about 10 kilos overweight :cheesy:

People around Carrington say Rooney has never been lighter,truly

Watching the replay of the last match against Fernabache said it all re his current form.

First half he had a golden chance to level the scores,was in front of goal, no one near him and an horrendous first touch let the ball slip away and a defender nicked it.

Rooney of old would have buried that.

Few minutes to go he hit a screamer ,the Rooney of old.

He wont be going anywhere until he gets the goal scoring record and who can deny him that but BC was a better player taking into account the cow paddocks he played on.

That first goal of Fernabaches was unstoppable,the same player could take it over and over again and would never hit it with such perfection.Thats football and United need all the luck they can get at present.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

United need all the luck they can get at present.

and a few defenders , who can defend, presently you are, weak as piss in that dept, plus firing blanks up front,  and nuffin special in the middle ,and  really  De Gea  and ,  Mou are the only one,s  ,  in some  form

Yes we are weak at the back with four out injured any other team would be weak too, and of those injured two need getting rid of, I am sure in January we will address that problem, up front we are relying on a 35 year old who is no where near the player he used to be, and that will be addressed too.

Will be very interesting in January we need to get rid of at least 6 players but who is going to buy and match their wages, and we need at least 3 players to toughen us up, we are a very weak team with no real leader in the Keane mold.

I really think giving Mourinio time he will build his own team and have us back challenging.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nev said:

Yes we are weak at the back with four out injured any other team would be weak too, and of those injured two need getting rid of, I am sure in January we will address that problem, up front we are relying on a 35 year old who is no where near the player he used to be, and that will be addressed too.

Will be very interesting in January we need to get rid of at least 6 players but who is going to buy and match their wages, and we need at least 3 players to toughen us up, we are a very weak team with no real leader in the Keane mold.

I really think giving Mourinio time he will build his own team and have us back challenging.

Perfectly correct regarding the excessive wages doled out to too many of your never were's.

Mourinho just needs to keep his head down right now....but you just know he won't lol.

If it is not media <deleted> which wouldn't surprise me!

Mourinho needs to come out or be told to...... and explain his alleged comments on Shaw and Smalling otherwise the atmosphere in the changing room will start to sour and that is what we don't want.

I have a feeling he wants rid of Smalling anyway but if both are injured and not 100% then they should not play and it goes against his comments on other players being fit,like i say it could be paper talk as is usual with Mourinho and his media whores......otherwise he does need to clarify what he means as both have been left out of the England squad!! Strange one this hope he isn't going down the chelski road here upsetting every fooker along the way....time will tell.

• Like 2

If it is not media <deleted> which wouldn't surprise me!

Mourinho needs to come out or be told to...... and explain his alleged comments on Shaw and Smalling otherwise the atmosphere in the changing room will start to sour and that is what we don't want.

I have a feeling he wants rid of Smalling anyway but if both are injured and not 100% then they should not play and it goes against his comments on other players being fit,like i say it could be paper talk as is usual with Mourinho and his media whores......otherwise he does need to clarify what he means as both have been left out of the England squad!! Strange one this hope he isn't going down the chelski road here upsetting every fooker along the way....time will tell.

It's better to watch his actual interviews on YouTube on the 'Full Time Devils' channel or similar. Don't rely on how the media interpret what he says, lots of it is rubbish and he doesn't come across anywhere near as bad as they make out.

Actually you have just hit the nail on the head there mate because the problem is infact that he is coming across very badly in most of the interviews i have seen...a right miserable and depressed fooker.He needs to lighten up a bit and chill out as if i was on his staff i would think him a bit of a dick!

Yes, he does a bit but anyone who just reads the reports would think he's ripping the players to shreds. He's not any worse than any other manager in that regard. Players should be tough enough to receive a bit of criticism, bunch of fannies!

22 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, he does a bit but anyone who just reads the reports would think he's ripping the players to shreds. He's not any worse than any other manager in that regard. Players should be tough enough to receive a bit of criticism, bunch of fannies!

i can't think of any other top manager who throws his players under a bus in public like mourinho does. reckon players are plenty tough enough to receive a bit of criticism so long as it's done the proper way, behind closed doors at the training ground, not humiliating them in public. you think that's good man management and is likely to inspire them lads and the rest of the squad?

• Like 2

i can't think of any other top manager who throws his players under a bus in public like mourinho does. reckon players are plenty tough enough to receive a bit of criticism so long as it's done the proper way, behind closed doors at the training ground, not humiliating them in public. you think that's good man management and is likely to inspire them lads and the rest of the squad?

Fergie did it plenty of times, even in one of his older books while he was still on charge.

Pep was at it during a poor run of results.

I agree JM may go over the top but he's not the only one, far from it.

don't think any of those are remotely comparable to mourinho basically calling two of his players liars in a public forum. one of them happened at carrington, one was shouting at a player during the course of a match - they're hardly hanging players out to dry.

don't think any of those are remotely comparable to mourinho basically calling two of his players liars in a public forum. one of them happened at carrington, one was shouting at a player during the course of a match - they're hardly hanging players out to dry.

Comparable or not that's your opinion

call them what you want but its still the managers job to get the best out of his players.

His bullying antagonistic style caused dressing room revolts at Real Madrid and Chelsea and he's well on the way to doing the same at United.  How does he possibly expect to get the best out of youngsters like Shaw and Smalling with public criticism?

Look at the difference in Chelsea since Conte took over. Matic Moses and Hazard all back to their best although Moses was never able to get a look in.  De Bruyne, now the best player in the league, but Mourinho unable how to get the best out of him.  Lukaku flourishing since he moved on from Mourinho.  Martial regressing as are others at United.

But fear not, the positive is that none of it is Mourinho's fault apparently.

Martial's had some personal issues with the mrs but he's getting it together now, young lad, he'll be fine soon enough. Already evident in some recent matches.

I agree about some of the current Chelsea players improvement under the new manager.

I'm a United fan so the manager will always get my full backing, especially in these early days. We never really know what's said behind closed doors. If it does go completely tits up then for sure JM will be to blame, but it's too early doors yet.

40 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Some of you lot on here have selective criticism when it suits, no?

It may be wrong but don't give me the nonsense that JM is the only one at it

you haven't named any current managers who do it or have done it though. and the ferguson ones are not the same whatever you say - they're not ferguson hanging players out to dry in press conferences immediately after matches. that's not an opinion, that's just what happened.

guardiola doesn't do it. wenger, klopp, conte, pochettino and ranieri don't do it. JM does rather seem to be the only one at it.

you haven't named any current managers who do it or have done it though. and the ferguson ones are not the same whatever you say - they're not ferguson hanging players out to dry in press conferences immediately after matches. that's not an opinion, that's just what happened.

guardiola doesn't do it. wenger, klopp, conte, pochettino and ranieri don't do it. JM does rather seem to be the only one at it.

You're bang wrong Stevey boy. Some of them have done it at some point. Hanging them out to dry, give me a break. Anyone would think they were coming under effective enemy fire in a war zone. Did JM actually name any players?

I'm sorry, right or wrong I'm all for giving the players a bit of stick in public.

5 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

You're bang wrong Stevey boy. Some of them have done it at some point. Hanging them out to dry, give me a break. Anyone would think they were coming under effective enemy fire in a war zone. Did JM actually name any players?

I'm sorry, right or wrong I'm all for giving the players a bit of stick in public.

mate, you're still not naming any examples of other managers. 

and yes, mourinho named players. smalling and shaw. and it's not the first time this season he's criticised shaw in public.

and you're all for giving them a bit of stick in public whether it works or not? even if it has a detrimental effect on the team and on squad morale?

It's character building.

I don't think he actually physically named the players, correct me if I'm wrong. He referred to 2 players as declaring themselves unfit & did also give Shaw stick for not tracking earlier in the season.

As far as I can see he's given a bit of fair criticism albeit in public.

The performances are better than LVG, more attacking in general. Just beaten Swansea away, very unlucky against Burnley after battering them. Beaten well by Chelsea but games like that happen. All of them are slightly guilty of not taking the Euro seriously. Watch their larking about at the training session at the last away game and the body language in the tunnel pre-match.

I'm not going to go searching for videos of mangers after matches stating things like, we/he could've done better here or there. As far as I'm concerned that's all JM has done so far, nothing really out of order but maybe he should tone it down a bit if the boys are too sensitive.

I am all for throwing the weaklings in our squad to the dogs(the press), name and shame them i say, might wake them up to reality and that theyneed to put in shift like everyone else, this just collateral damage we are at war.