Manchester United

redrus

18 hours ago, petermik said:

Have your lot won anything playing this "much nicer football" how did this football fare in the Champions League..........ooops don,t answer that :whistling: OK..then you dropped down to the Europa League with us,how did that go...........ooh sorry forget that also......my mistake again :cheesy:

You ever played rugby carms? with your sidesteps and bodyswerves you would be a world beater.

Come back on here end of May and announce to us all what the spuds have won :thumbsup:

Have a nice weekened and keep your brolly close by.

1961....I remember that...55 long years ago, my late mothers favourite singer was Matt Monro and one of his many hits was the song "The Impossible Dream" ...........saying no more.

Still harping on about the past............need to change the record, RedNose is long gone.   Oh how the mighty have fallen.  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Still harping on about the past............need to change the record, RedNose is long gone.   Oh how the mighty have fallen.  

Would not say we have fallen we are the current owners of the league cup, FA cup and the charity shield, in the quarter finals of the Europa league and still in with a shout of a top 4 spot if need be, our 3 strikers have not backed Zlatan up with goals, Rooney Rashford and Martial have to score more and we will finish the season off in good stead.

Next season get the right players in we will be back in the top four again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nev said:

Would not say we have fallen we are the current owners of the league cup, FA cup and the charity shield, in the quarter finals of the Europa league and still in with a shout of a top 4 spot if need be, our 3 strikers have not backed Zlatan up with goals, Rooney Rashford and Martial have to score more and we will finish the season off in good stead.

Next season get the right players in we will be back in the top four again.

Over reaching somewhat Nev, although in your defense, thats because its Man Utd were talking about.  

When people say manu have "fallen" it means you are not the dominant team you were as Liverpool were many moons ago. It was once the situation that mentally manu were a goal ahead BEFORE the game started. Now all teams think they can beat manu. You are now on equal footing more or less with 6 or so other teams. That said manu are still capable of winning trophies and maureen has stopped the rot and looks to be turning it around.

Hope that's seen as a fair assessment of manu currently but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Ps I've just given a state of affairs on us on the City page.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When people say manu have "fallen" it means you are not the dominant team you were as Liverpool were many moons ago. It was once the situation that mentally manu were a goal ahead BEFORE the game started. Now all teams think they can beat manu. You are now on equal footing more or less with 6 or so other teams. That said manu are still capable of winning trophies and maureen has stopped the rot and looks to be turning it around.

Hope that's seen as a fair assessment of manu currently but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Ps I've just given a state of affairs on us on the City page.

Fair enough in a number of respects but it says a lot when United might well already looking to focus on the Europa as their best route to the champions league.  When theres so many fixtures still to play.  The scenarios seen in the post RedNose era were simply unthinkable in his day.

What i'm not buying into is Peter's hyperbole, tomfoolery about Mourinho's style of football either.  Its just dire.  The most attractive thing i've seen is the skill Fellaini displays when putting the elbow on an opponent.  

^Interesting fact which really surprised and shocked me.

Not really as you have to consider how long each manager served at the club. JM hasn't completed a full season at OT yet.

7 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Not really as you have to consider how long each manager served at the club. JM hasn't completed a full season at OT yet.

yeah it could get worse :laugh: sorry I'll get my coat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

yeah it could get worse :laugh: sorry I'll get my coat.

Grab your coat and get your hat,leave your worries on the doorstep BB.life can be so sweet on the other side of the street (East Lancs Road) going east :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

Grab your coat and get your hat,leave your worries on the doorstep BB.life can be so sweet on the other side of the street (East Lancs Road) going east :cheesy:

I lived in Kersel, Prestwich, Crumpsall (Middleton Road near The Cheers bar) for a bit. Shiitholes :smile:

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Falling over laughing again Peter.  Great win, not many teams are going to win at Sunderland this season!!

Heres another one to have you laughing your socks off......prior to last nights fixture, Kane (who's missed eleven weeks of the season already) Son and Alli have scored more goals than your entire team put together.  :smile:

How did Spurs go at Sunderland, and also how did Liverpool do. :)

47 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Sunderland were well in it until Ref decided to ruin the game 

The Ref's have ruined many games this season, the standard of Refereeing in the premier league is shocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

The Ref's have ruined many games this season, the standard of Refereeing in the premier league is shocking.

I was enjoying that game yesterday, felt it pointless watching the second half. 

it does't seem to be getting any better the refereeing. 

18 hours ago, nev said:

How did Spurs go at Sunderland, and also how did Liverpool do. :)

True we drew but then again i not sure they were as awful as they are now, with relegation a formality it would seem.

Tonight is a make or break for United, old cliche but a win is the only option if they still have top 4 aspirations.3 points is essential.Chelsea will be full on with Spurs on their heels and playing great football

Very pedestrian performance from United during the week and Zlatan looked very leggy.He's even admitted today he was poor and feels tired but must push on .After 28 goals in all comps and his age its not surprising and his compatriots must finally stand up.

Rashford looked to have recovered a bit of spark but Martial is only a shadow of what he was last season.

Worries me that Mourinho will not want to have his ego dented and his team selection will give us a clue that Europa maybe the primary target despite what he tells the media

55 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Zlatan looked very leggy.He's even admitted today he was poor and feels tired but must push on .After 28 goals in all comps and his age its not surprising

It was only last week he was saying he feels like Benjamin Button

Zlatan Ibrahimovic likened himself to Benjamin Button after the Man Utd forward turned in another man-of-the-match display in his side's vital 3-0 win at Sunderland on Sunday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10831887/zlatan-ibrahimovic-says-he-feels-like-benjamin-button-i-was-born-old-and-i-will-die-young