Manchester United

redrus

Pogba is a good player but he is not and never will be as good as the greats, I suspect he has difficulty grasping that concept, I now believe he will never get over it and will continue to be a spoilt brat, if he cannot play to the level that is expected of his huge salary (which he is not doing) then he needs to take himself to somewhere that fills his very inflated ego and he feels appreciated, perhaps in one of the lesser competitions where he will be worshipped haircuts and all

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's the mirror.  They write rubbish to get clicks.

Just stick with the proper news outlets if you want reliable news.

Was reported quite widely elsewhere, the Mirror was just the first link I saw. But yeah, I don't buy into the report.

People seem to forget he is still only 24 (I think) and is allowed to have ups and downs. McTominay has done well. I think now Pogba has real competition for his place can only do him good. 

7 hours ago, smedly said:

Pogba is a good player but he is not and never will be as good as the greats, I suspect he has difficulty grasping that concept, I now believe he will never get over it and will continue to be a spoilt brat, if he cannot play to the level that is expected of his huge salary (which he is not doing) then he needs to take himself to somewhere that fills his very inflated ego and he feels appreciated, perhaps in one of the lesser competitions where he will be worshipped haircuts and all

Mario Balotelli-esque 

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Was reported quite widely elsewhere, the Mirror was just the first link I saw. But yeah, I don't buy into the report.

People seem to forget he is still only 24 (I think) and is allowed to have ups and downs. McTominay has done well. I think now Pogba has real competition for his place can only do him good. 

I think it’s your manager. He has the reverse effect on some players. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Mario Balotelli-esque 

It's that kind of lazy comparison that makes me disregard the opinions of 90% of football fans.

He's a black guy with funky hair. That's pretty much where the similarity ends.

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's that kind of lazy comparison that makes me disregard the opinions of 90% of football fans.

Rick

The fact that you are a United fan posting on this forum will eventually lead to you pushing this figure up to 98%

I gave up some time ago.......:whistling:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's a black guy with funky hair. That's pretty much where the similarity ends.

What a load of Tosh - acting like a spoilt brat ✅ not living up to expectation ✅ more concerned with lifestyle ✅ huge salary without the return  ✅ being dropped by the manager  ✅ <deleted> all to do with colour or <deleted> haircuts 

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What a load of Tosh - acting like a spoilt brat ✅ not living up to expectation ✅ more concerned with lifestyle ✅ huge salary without the return  ✅ being dropped by the manager  ✅ <deleted> all to do with colour or <deleted> haircuts 

Acting like a spolit brat

He has actually taken being left out pretty well. Embracing the manager who dropped you doesn't look to me like being a spolit brat.

Not living up to expectation

This could be levelled at hundreds of footballers at any given time - I wonder why you chose to compare him to Ballotelli ^__^

More concerned with lifestyle

Why? Because he likes selfies / posting on Instagram. The same could be said about hundreds of footballers.

Huge salary without return

Again, could be said about so many footballers. 

Being dropped by the manager

How many footballers get dropped every week? No need for a Ballotelli comparison.

By all accounts Pogba is a pleasure to have around the dressing room and isn't prone to outward displays of petulance. Yet you have compared him to essentially a journeyman who slumped from club to club making enemies until he eventually ended up at Nice, where he is now  playing pretty well.

Yes, you did make a lazy comparison based on colour and hair. 

Edited by RickG16

from every angle  pogs .is a very poor buy . particular the money outlayed with absoulately no return he comes across as a show pony.to me. and not suited to the epl conditions etc fergy was on the .money many seasons back.in. summing up. mou of latter seasons at c.sea/m.u his t.f dealings have been shit poor. .no doubt about it.  he is yesterdays man. skull pepe m.city and klipperty.s l.pool are the present guns in the epl business .they are leaving the rest in  their wakes in every dept..

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Acting like a spolit brat

He has actually taken being left out pretty well. Embracing the manager who dropped you doesn't look to me like being a spolit brat.

Not living up to expectation

This could be levelled at hundreds of footballers at any given time - I wonder why you chose to compare him to Ballotelli ^__^

More concerned with lifestyle

Why? Because he likes selfies / posting on Instagram. The same could be said about hundreds of footballers.

Huge salary without return

Again, could be said about so many footballers. 

Being dropped by the manager

How many footballers get dropped every week? No need for a Ballotelli comparison.

By all accounts Pogba is a pleasure to have around the dressing room and isn't prone to outward displays of petulance. Yet you have compared him to essentially a journeyman who slumped from club to club making enemies until he eventually ended up at Nice, where he is now  playing pretty well.

Yes, you did make a lazy comparison based on colour and hair. 

And you are basing your opinion on your time at Carringtom or in the change rooms? 

And you are now changing my statement saying I am comparing Pogba to Balotelli’s whole career when I was obviously referring to a young balotelli who had massive potential, who was tipped for greatness, who failed to do so.

And yeah being more concerned with haircuts and dabbing. 

You gnerallise about most footballers but these 2 were considered more than most footballers another comparison.

top stars getting dropped is not the same as Johnny squad boy. 

If if you want to talk about lazy statements take a look at your 2016 evaluation of LFC. 

You do come across as a typical one-eyed Rag.  

30 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was obviously referring to a young balotelli who had massive potential, who was tipped for greatness, who failed to do so.

The two are incomparable. Pogba has already been a cornerstone of a side which won the title four seasons in a row and reached a CL final.

If Pogba retired tomorrow he would still have a resume ten times better than Balotelli.

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The two are incomparable. Pogba has already been a cornerstone of a side which won the title four seasons in a row and reached a CL final.

If Pogba retired tomorrow he would still have a resume ten times better than Balotelli.

In a League being dominated by one team. And so what happened to this prodigy...

One thing he won’t have on his resume, laying of the final ball to Aguero in injury time. 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Balotelli would appear to be ahead in any 'Honours' List:thumbsup:

UEFA Champions League Winner x1

Serie A Winner x3

Premier League Champions x1

Coppa Italia Winner x 1

Supercoppa Italia Winner x1

FA Cup Winner x1

• Like 2

Just now, wilai said:

Balotelli would appear to be ahead in any 'Honours' List:thumbsup:

UEFA Champions League Winner x1

Serie A Winner x3

Premier League Champions x1

Coppa Italia Winner x 1

Supercoppa Italia Winner x1

FA Cup Winner x1

I said "cornerstone of the side".

Not bit part player. 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

In a League being dominated by one team. And so what happened to this prodigy...

One thing he won’t have on his resume, laying of the final ball to Aguero in injury time. 

Blinkered English fan alert... "If it didn't happen in the Premier League, it didn't happen".

What's becoming clear very quickly is that your comparison between Pogba and Balotelli was only made very loosely in a footballing sense. 

That leaves the dabbing and the hair.

EDIT: I don't recall Balotelli doing much dabbing.

So, just the hair then ^__^

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I said "cornerstone of the side".

Not bit part player. 

The 'Cornerstone' of Juve is/was their Defence and keeper. As they won Serie A the year before he went there, and the year after he departed to Manure I think you are overestimating his importance.

As for 'bit part' .....156 league games for Inter/Man City/AC scoring 66 goals Not a bad return:post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

The 'Cornerstone' of Juve is/was their Defence and keeper. As they won Serie A the year before he went there, and the year after he departed to Manure I think you are overestimating his importance.

As for 'bit part' .....156 league games for Inter/Man City/AC scoring 66 goals Not a bad return:post-4641-1156694572:

Not a bad goal ratio but those 156 games were over seven seasons. That's just over 20 games a season = bit part player.

Agreed on Juve GK and defence. But Pogba was a hugely influential part of the midfield for at least three of the title winning seasons. Probably their best creative player along with Pirlo, especially in the CL final year. Sure you recall that if you watched them mate. (and as the footy on TV guy I'm betting you did :wink:)

There is no doubt Pogba is a great player but the modern game of football is not a solo sport it is a team effort and Pogba needs to fit in with the rest of the players and ultimately follow the managers direction without question, there is no doubt his performance recently has been wanting especially since the arrival of Sanchez, I have seen the words "spoilt Brat" repeatedly used on this forum and I think I was the first, if he wants to stay at Manu he needs to start playing to the level that is expected of him, it only takes one player to throw the whole team off especially someone who is earning as much as Pogba

I think we will see some very big changes in the side this summer, Maurine has now had enough time to fully evaluate all the players that he inherited from the previous two managers and is now in a fully informed position to shape the team as he wants it, if he fails next season then there is no doubt were the blame will be - solely 100% with him  

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Sure you recall that if you watched them mate. (and as the footy on TV guy I'm betting you did :wink:)

Just the Final mate...and MSN had Juve on toast:smile:

Where I agree with the comparison is that during the early part of their careers, both were thought to be the next great thing. Balotelli crashed and burned, Pogba is on the precipice given his (non)performances this season. Time will tell if he recovers his mojo or follows the Balotelli route. At 25, he should be reaching his peak, not going backwards.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not a bad goal ratio but those 156 games were over seven seasons. That's just over 20 games a season = bit part player.

Agreed on Juve GK and defence. But Pogba was a hugely influential part of the midfield for at least three of the title winning seasons. Probably their best creative player along with Pirlo, especially in the CL final year. Sure you recall that if you watched them mate. (and as the footy on TV guy I'm betting you did :wink:)

even e/s would be top draw.playing along side pirlo.they don.t come along everyday like him. pogs has come up short at m.u.fullstop

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I wonder why the sold such an important “cornerstone”? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Blinkered English fan alert... "If it didn't happen in the Premier League, it didn't happen".

What's becoming clear very quickly is that your comparison between Pogba and Balotelli was only made very loosely in a footballing sense. 

That leaves the dabbing and the hair.

EDIT: I don't recall Balotelli doing much dabbing.

So, just the hair then ^__^

Yeah I was probably wrong to compare them as Wils pointed out Balotelli has actually won a shit ton more.

what is actually apparent is your selective engagement, and moving of goal posts and ignoring of points made. Are you related to Alfie? 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah I was probably wrong to compare them as Wils pointed out Balotelli has actually won a shit ton more.

what is actually apparent is your selective engagement, and moving of goal posts and ignoring of points made. Are you related to Alfie? 

Are you not keeping up? ....We then discovered he had averaged about 20 games a season, so can't be considered an integral member of those sides. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I wonder why the sold such an important “cornerstone”? ?

Same reason they might sell Dybala if Real / United / City front up the cash.

There is a financial food chain in football, and Juve are below United in it. 

42 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Are you not keeping up? ....We then discovered he had averaged about 20 games a season, so can't be considered an integral member of those sides. 

I’ve just noticed a whole page of articles comparing Pogba to Balotelli on Google. No of them mention skin colour similarities or hair....

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I’ve just noticed a whole page of articles comparing Pogba to Balotelli on Google. No of them mention skin colour similarities or hair....

didn't ferguson let pogba go from united? don't recall him fighting that hard to keep him. he was generally a good judge of whether or not a player would become top or not and sold better players than pogba. in fact seem to recall pogba's agent raiola being the biggest dissenter with ferguson's view.

he's a player you have to build a team around because he isn't tactically disciplined enough to fit into a system, which is never going to work with mourinho and probably wouldn't work with any other top manager 'cos he isn't really that good. he isn't zidane, he isn't steven gerrard, he's not even paul scholes. talented lad but not as good as his marketing. so you cut your losses for the team's sake. even when you've paid 90m for him. still, #pogback and that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Pogba is on so much wonga now he could only go to the likes of PSG or the Spanish duet.

He'll be at Utd next season is my prediction and the UTD financial juggernaut will continue to spend big as well.

E/S got it spot on saying Mourinho is yesterday's man....he lacks the tactical awareness of the new generation of managers in the Premiership and I include Poch in that group btw.

As to which is the master of tactics now we'll have to wait until May to get the answer....Citeh bought the league but he can't buy the CL....that will require guile and invention from the manager.

Let's see.

Its a widely shared view that Mourinho is yesterdays man.  One thankfully not held by the United board.  And its true to a point, certainly at CL level whereby the top managers have worked out his tactical tedium but the philosophy of "don't lose" still works to a degree at club league level, if combined with a multi talented squad which he has at his disposal, and of course the best keeper in the world.  .  It also works at lower level tournaments, whereby its still possible to sit back, keep it narrow and wait for the opponents to make a mistake.  But , as i say, at the pinnacle of global football, the CL he's a bust flush and has been for a while.  He's tactics now that of total predictability.

Theres some terrific players at United on a hiding to nothing.  Sanchez gone from world class to total mediocrity.  Pogba a shadow of the Juve player.  Theres a pattern here, its easy to see.  Its a pattern shaped out of a manager with no new ideas that chooses friction with the media and public slatings of players, a ploy thats of course completely wrong because rollockings should stay in the dressing room, because God forbid you might end up with a player revolt on your hands!  Nev was completely correct when he said that players warrant a dressing down for under par performances but you never,  ever,  do it in public.  It can and will create a toxic environment, but Mourinho has to because he cannot accept personal criticism.  

For the time being he'll keep picking fights, making unpleasant comments about certain football people, anything to deflect from the reality of the sides progress under his tenure, look for another big transfer budget and it'll be much more of the same, with a few expensive new faces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Its a widely shared view that Mourinho is yesterdays man."

Is it? I think that view maybe a little premature. Have you seen his honours list (see link below)? Two seasons ago he won the Premier and I think he was manager of the year. He's moved to a club very much in transition. He won trophies with them last season. He has improved them since the days of Moyes and VanGaal. There have been some excellent Mourinho teams though the current one needs some work. I think he is getting there but I hope I'm wrong and ManU don't become the real deal. This 'has been' looks like he might finish this season above the media darlings and "today's men" Klopp and Poch. I think you need to hold on a few more seasons to see if he is a yesterday man - I suspect he's not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mourinho

• Like 2