Manchester United

redrus

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think Valencia might get his place back vs Wolves, but now he knows he has a genuine rival for his position. With Dalot waiting in the wings, maybe he will step things up a bit. This is good. Real competition for places. 

But today is a test with these Portuguese wolverines in town. 

What on earth was Pogba doing last night taking that penalty. Doing stuff like hat is setting yourself up for an embarrassing fall.

On beIN they showed a split screen in which Pogba started his run up and before he hit the back of the net, Leicester had broke in their own half and put the ball in the back of Huddersfield's net

I thought Mourinho post match interview was very honest, courteous to the opposition and quite worrying in some aspects as when he again repeated that his side were less motivated than the opposition. 

He was also very critical of his forwards and you feel he is maybe running out of patience with Sanchez. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I thought Mourinho post match interview was very honest, courteous to the opposition and quite worrying in some aspects as when he again repeated that his side were less motivated than the opposition. 

He was also very critical of his forwards and you feel he is maybe running out of patience with Sanchez. 

Difficult to bench your half a million a week player however. :cheesy:

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Difficult to bench your half a million a week player however. :cheesy:

I read some twitter stuff last night from united fans and they were literally telling him to <deleted> off and leave. Clearly some fans would rather he kept the bench warm. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I read some twitter stuff last night from united fans and they were literally telling him to <deleted> off and leave. Clearly some fans would rather he kept the bench warm. 

Well no one is going to buy him now...his wages are insane.

If Mourinho benches him the board will be looking at him closely and thinking <deleted>?

OK they are already I grant you. :tongue:

Just now, Kadilo said:

The first part of solving a problem is recognising the problem. For me the biggest problem is at the back, I shudder every time Lindelöf is named in the starting lineup. A complete liability. Sanchez actually played well first half but then reverted to type. We need Rashford up front and centre. Thought Pogba was world class, some of his passes were sublime. MOM - De Gea, saved us yet again.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Decent side this Wolves team, with some excellent individuals. If they don't get injuries they will have a good season. Watched 3 full games and like what i see.

As our resident West Midlands poster, maybe R2D2 will open a thread for his home town club.

It's true wolves are no joke and have a cache of quality players and a manager who has the Mourinho of old mentality.

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

The first part of solving a problem is recognising the problem. For me the biggest problem is at the back, I shudder every time Lindelöf is named in the starting lineup. A complete liability. Sanchez actually played well first half but then reverted to type. We need Rashford up front and centre. Thought Pogba was world class, some of his passes were sublime. MOM - De Gea, saved us yet again.

It's clear now that this is all Woodward's fault. As you say central defence is the problem, and it's frustrating because we are very close to being a very good side in all other areas of the pitch. 

But like it or not we need to stick with Lindelhof and co til at least January. So now is not the time to hang them out to dry. Smalling has actually improved a lot and Victor is stilk young....

Let's stick together, and hope the better parts of the team (GK, midfield etc) can make up for the lack of world class central defenders.

Just now, RickG16 said:

It's clear now that this is all Woodward's fault. As you say central defence is the problem, and it's frustrating because we are very close to being a very good side in all other areas of the pitch. 

But like it or not we need to stick with Lindelhof and co til at least January. So now is not the time to hang them out to dry. Smalling has actually improved a lot and Victor is stilk young....

Let's stick together, and hope the better parts of the team (GK, midfield etc) can make up for the lack of world class central defenders.

So what's the quick fix solution cone January then Rick?

Toby for 60m?

After assessing the Defence of every premiership team I can honestly say Virgil is the best defender in the league.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So what's the quick fix solution cone January then Rick?

Toby for 60m?

After assessing the Defence of every premiership team I can honestly say Virgil is the best defender in the league.

Fork out for Maguire... Toby... I'm not sure. I'm not a scout and don't have the chance to watch as much footy as I used to.

I still believe Bailly is the real deal... But other than that we need proven world class central defender. Even someone in the Laurent Blanc mould such as Bonucci or Chielini, someone who might not be the quickest but knows the role inside out and has performed at the highest level.

Maybe Pique fancies coming back...  

Just now, RickG16 said:

Fork out for Maguire... Toby... I'm not sure. I'm not a scout and don't have the chance to watch as much footy as I used to.

I still believe Bailly is the real deal... But other than that we need proven world class central defender. Even someone in the Laurent Blanc mould such as Bonucci or Chielini, someone who might not be the quickest but knows the role inside out and has performed at the highest level.

Maybe Pique fancies coming back...  

So what's the solution Rick?

Get Match of the day aired in thailand?