Manchester United

redrus

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

Absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing as I have stated on here some time ago..no one club has the divine right to keep on winning,the game itself would become boring...I,ve followed United since the early 60,s and seen the ups and downs.......and will continue to do so come what may....I,ll let the kiddies on here carry on :thumbsup:

Good for you petermilk.

There was a time, and not so long ago, when football people from around the world would not know there was another team in Manchester with Manchester in its name. How times have changed!!

Liverpool was the best English team consistently for 20 years during the 70s and 80s, and then came Man U with Sir Alex. Without looking it up; didn't United and Arsenal share the top two spots for 7 years.

Good that you are still supporting them petermilk. Take no notice of the posters that say United will never win the league again. IMO, they stand more chance of winning the CL before they conquer all in the EPL again, but never say never.

As a footnote: I was fond of United until that day when Rooney jumped onto Van Nistelroy's shoulders and made those suggestive movements. Turned me right off.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

The thinking here is that Murinuo suggested Pogba change his hair stylist. Murinuo wanted a bigger red bit to show his commitment.

The report I read was that Pogba was sprinting between the poles too quickly and mourinho wanted a slower more methodical side to side approach. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The report I read was that Pogba was sprinting between the poles too quickly and mourinho wanted a slower more methodical side to side approach. 

Mourinho's commitment to a nice backpass is well documented.:smile:

• Like 1

Just now, balo said:

I think Pogba will be gone before January. Wrong attitude if you want to impress the manager. Doesn't matter if the club is big or small, you work for the manager and the team.

I thought that he worked hard and played well against Wolves. Some of his passes were world class.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I thought that he worked hard and played well against Wolves. Some of his passes were world class.

Pogba had a wonderful, feathery little lay off for an assist on United's goal. He was then nicked of the ball when being too cute in the center of the pitch-which led to Wolves' goal. Kind of Pogba in a nutshell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

You might want to take that muck off your face, cos you don't see the point.

He was good but as another poster mentioned messed up pretty badly by giving the ball away leading to their goal. That means it's time to be contrite in a post match interview, and if he wants to be considered captain material, probably shoulder some of the blame. Not go off on one about the way the team (that he was in) should have played, as if he is free from responsibility.

Now, whether he said what he said is because (a) he was incredibly naive, emotionally charged after the match, and hasn't taken on board his media training or (b) was taking some kind of thinly veiled swipe at Mourinho, is up for debate.

I tend to think the former, but either way, he probably deserved being demoted from being vice captain. And a naive Instagram post just days later confounded the fact he has no sense of when to say or do things. Both on and off the pitch! 

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

Karl Pilkington analogy, quite funny;

"Still, I feel like supporting United is like having a tortoise as a pet. I had a tortoise, and they are not entertaining to watch. You don't watch them, but you know you have got a bit of responsibility to show some interest.

"That is what I do with United. I keep an eye on them.

"I don't watch them every game because, at the minute, that is a waste of 90 minutes. I just look at the result and if they win it is a bonus, I have no expectations any more."

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Karl Pilkington analogy, quite funny;

"Still, I feel like supporting United is like having a tortoise as a pet. I had a tortoise, and they are not entertaining to watch. You don't watch them, but you know you have got a bit of responsibility to show some interest.

"That is what I do with United. I keep an eye on them.

"I don't watch them every game because, at the minute, that is a waste of 90 minutes. I just look at the result and if they win it is a bonus, I have no expectations any more."

So we're a pet tortoise. And having won only the League Cup since 2006, which animal does that make you? 

Edited by RickG16

Mo just going thru a bad patch. I reckon you should hang onto him for better times Woody  ????

just noticed on Wiki that Ed woodwoodwood is a fellow Chartered Accountant and worked in my firm but in Manchester while my career was in London. Chartered Accountants running football clubs - not a happy combo!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Mo just going thru a bad patch. I reckon you should hang onto him for better times Woody  ????

just noticed on Wiki that Ed woodwoodwood is a fellow Chartered Accountant and worked in my firm but in Manchester while my career was in London. Chartered Accountants running football clubs - not a happy combo!

Accountants or former accountants running any business I've had to deal with, I found to be massive pricks.

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Accountants or former accountants running any business I've had to deal with, I found to be massive pricks.

Agreed. Accountants I've met running companies just seem to like turning them credit worthy and then shuttering them at the expense of suppliers and as it's legal it's fine and dandy. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Agreed. Accountants I've met running companies just seem to like turning them credit worthy and then shuttering them at the expense of suppliers and as it's legal it's fine and dandy. 

massively correct where I live, and add staff, and customers in that group, legality not such a worry. 

Another game to forget, some of the team are not putting a shift in, whether that is not playing for the boss time will tell.

We started off sloppy and never really got going.

We will be lucky to finish top ten at this rate, Maybe that would be a good thing to make our leach owners a tad uncomfortable.

Will he get the sack hard to tell but he is looking like a dead man walking right now.

• Like 1

Today’s game was a game of fine margins. Dodgy own goal, world class save off Felani, things could have looked different. 

There are no doubts man for man united are more than a match up for West Ham in terms of quality individuals. 

Whre they weren’t was in effort and desire from the off. Why that is only they know but as a fan when things are not going well the minimum you should expect is everyone to a man putting in a shift. 

For whatever reason imo that side is not playing @ 100% for the club or manager. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Today’s game was a game of fine margins. Dodgy own goal, world class save off Felani, things could have looked different. 

There are no doubts man for man united are more than a match up for West Ham in terms of quality individuals. 

Whre they weren’t was in effort and desire from the off. Why that is only they know but as a fan when things are not going well the minimum you should expect is everyone to a man putting in a shift. 

For whatever reason imo that side is not playing @ 100% for the club or manager. 

Or the fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Defence still the main problem. Nothing can be done til Jan. Lindelhof has had a run now so may be time to reintroduce Bailly.

Other than that can one of these Martial fans explain to me exactly what he offers?

Well how exactly is he supposed to play to his full potential when the manager sets up a side so negatively and with no look of balance?  Explain to me where exactly was the balance in that side?

Stop blaming the players all the time.  Quality players don't become average and poor overnight.  And if you watched the game which i'm starting to doubt now you'll see the problem stretched way further than the defense.  To suggest its simply the defense is comical.  Try the entire dressing room!

Edited by carmine

11 hours ago, nev said:

Another game to forget, some of the team are not putting a shift in, whether that is not playing for the boss time will tell.

We started off sloppy and never really got going.

We will be lucky to finish top ten at this rate, Maybe that would be a good thing to make our leach owners a tad uncomfortable.

Will he get the sack hard to tell but he is looking like a dead man walking right now.

The negativity of that selection would send out a message.  Don't care what anyone says, this squad is way better than its showing and aside of Pogba being a petulant brat i think Mourinho shoulders the blame.  United are too big a club to be putting up with this, although the owners are not for the knee jerk reaction, so its an interesting situation, what with Zidane the interested bystander.  Would he be right?  

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well how exactly is he supposed to play to his full potential when the manager sets up a side so negatively and with no look of balance?  Explain to me where exactly was the balance in that side?

Stop blaming the players all the time.  Quality players don't become average and poor overnight.  And if you watched the game which i'm starting to doubt now you'll see the problem stretched way further than the defense.  To suggest its simply the defense is comical.  Try the entire dressing room!

Yes watching that Utd side bereft of movement or purpose was comical at times....with the exception of Fellaini they just don't appear to have any drive or desire or cohesion.

That failure is definitely lying at the manager's door.

Isn't he still staying in a hotel far from his family?

Its not good in any way at all and any decent chairman would be looking elsewhere for his manager now.....but yours is just a Comical Ali type character who should be facing the bullet too.

Happy days from our perspective however and long may this mismanagement continue!